I'm officially overwhelmed! :wacko:

As of now it will probably take a week to fill all the orders I have.

I'm going as fast as I can and will continue to take what I can to the Post Office on a daily basis.

First order sent with two sets of AIM-9G for another project, was wondering if you could fit them all together...

On International orders I can fit quite a bit extra in the box without causing the S&H to go up much. Two sets of missiles is no problem.

The intake package by itself weighs just under 13 oz. so the S&H for international is the same up to 16 oz., more than that and it goes up an extra $1.66.

For U.S. order though, 13 oz. is the max for First Class. I might fit 1 set of Sidewinders without going over. After that it is cheaper to send 2 First Class packages and at some point, Priority. All depends on how much extra stuff you want to order.

I do my best to try to figure which method is cheapest to save you what I can.

PLEASE, e-mail me a list if you want to order extra items that qualify for combined S&H (as mentioned earlier, multiple intake sets and other big sets are best shipped separately so don't qualify for combined S&H, but missiles, pylons, etc. usually do). When I receive your e-mail I'll send a Paypal invoice with the discounted S&H for you to place your order.

Typing the invoice is extra work for me but still easier that logging in to Paypal and sending a partial refund for overpaid S&H if you just order a bunch of items directly from my website...

Im about to leave on a 6 week rad trip from Seattle to New York so will order 3 or 4 sets mid trip so they arrive when we get back.

Awesome dude!

Have a rad trip!

:cheers:

Got my order in! Yours is some of the best resin out there. I wish Avionix and Aires would take some lessons from you.

Great work, and add my thanks for what you do.

Jake

Thank you all! :cheers:

Orders keep coming in. I keep casting parts.

Currently I have about 1 1/2 weeks of orders to fill. I'm going as fast as I can...

For those of you who have received your sets, please inspect the parts and let me know if there is any kind of damage regardless of how minor, even if it’s something you can easily fix. If there is any problem at all I want to know so I can modify the way I package future orders.

I made a huge mistake! :bandhead2:

I was planning and forgot to add a special “Thank you!†in the instruction sheet to Dave Fassett (Bulldog 09 here at ARC) for his help in supplying me with loads photos and dimensions of the intakes of the F-14D “Christine†at Meacham Field, Texas. And also big a “Thank you!†to Eric Boehm, curator of the USS Intrepid Air Museum for going out in the rain to get me excellent pictures of the fuel tank pylons of their F-14D “Super Tomcatâ€.

I couldn’t have done this without your help! :cheers:

I already had a bunch of instructions printed but will be updating future instructions next time I have them printed.

And now to a smaller mistake I forgot to mention.

For those who have already ordered or received your intakes, when test fitting you will notice that the very front edge is a little too long and a little too thick. It’s a very easy fix. Just sand away a little material to get them to fit.

I have modified the patterns and this shouldn’t be an issue on future castings.

Order status...

I was completely flooded and overwhelmed with orders, especially the first two days. After a week and a half of working non-stop, I’m almost finished with day two orders.

The orders keep coming but I am catching up.

As of right now I have about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks of orders to fill.

For those wanting to order, I still have not updated my website home page and won’t be until I’m closer to caught up.

Here is the link to the ordering page: http://www.zactomodels.com/html/F-14/F14_intakes.htm

Thanks to those who have e-mailed and left comments. :cheers:

So far nobody has reported any damaged parts so I’m happy with the packaging.

Thanks for the feedback guys :cheers:/>

It's great to hear that you like the parts.

So far no complaints or reports of any damage.

For those who may have missed the other thread I started:

Production/Shipping delay; Medical crisis

My daughter needed help and this slowed my production. I'm doing my best to catch up.

For those who have already ordered, orders received on:

July 25 and early 26 should ship tomorrow

July 26 should ship Wednesday

July 27 and 28, Thursday

July 29 and early July 30, Friday

July 30 and 31 Saturday or Monday

etc...

These estimates are conservative and if all goes well I hope to fill the orders faster, but it's been chaos around here and there may well be additional interruptions.

Currently I'd estimate that there is about a 1 -1/2 to 2 week delay on new orders.

http://www.zactomodels.com/html/F-14/F14_intakes.htm

:cheers:/>

Edited by Zactoman

Well mine arrived yesterday and all I can say is WOW! You sure caught a lot of the details that I remember while crawling around the intakes of the Tomcat for all those years. Thanks for all your hard work getting them produced and shipped.

KiowaFixer/FormerTomcatFixer