Hi Chris,

Just got my package today........... there are not enough superlatives to adequately describe what I'm looking at!

The amount of effort put into these intakes is incredible. Everything arrived in good order, nothing missing or broken.

seriously considering taking some holidays from work just to get stuck into the build.

cheers mate..... Paul.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stellar work on those intakes Zactoman. Any chance we might see a similar product for the Tamiya kit? There must be plenty of those floating around in people's lofts, so there should be a large customer base.

Jens

Thanks for the feedback guys :cheers:/>

It's great to hear that you like the parts.

So far no complaints or reports of any damage.

+1

Once again, thank you. :cheers:/>

My daughter's seizures and medical treatments continue but she is doing good and we expect that she will eventually be just fine.

Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers and to those who have purchased product to help support us through the crisis. :worship:/>

I am close to caught up on orders, currently there is about a 32-3 day delay for new orders.

At a few points I was as much as two weeks behind. Again, my apologies to those who had to wait that long.

As for intakes for the Tamiya kit, perhaps some day but not any time soon. My plate is very full...

For those who may have missed it, I've been busy helping a new company develop a new kit: 1/48 Su-33 Sea Flanker

In addition to several upcoming Zactomodels projects, I will be continuing to help them on future kits.

I received my Aires wells today...

The nose gear well was easier to fit:

Intake_23_zps25da08a3.jpg

I finally got around to clearing the table cluttered with parts and materials for this project and discovered this:

Aires_warp_zps8701882c.jpg

Has anybody else with the Aires wheel bay set had this problem?

It wasn't like this when I received it.

I could understand this happening if I had left it crammed in the bag with the other parts, but it was sitting on the table at room temperature with nothing touching it.

The other parts still in the bag don't seem to have any problems.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to resin parts but I've never had any of my parts do this.

:cheers:/>

Well zacto I would urge you to send an email to them for me personally they have a perfect customer service as I had a broken and warped piece too and they replaced no costs attached what so ever!

I would certainly give them a call and tell them about it!

PS Can't wait till my package arrives......

and good luck with the su-33! looks great from where I'm sitting....

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

+1

Once again, thank you. 271.gif/>

My daughter's seizures and medical treatments continue but she is doing good and we expect that she will eventually be just fine.

Thank you again for the thoughts and prayers and to those who have purchased product to help support us through the crisis. 377.gif/>

I am close to caught up on orders, currently there is about a 32-3 day delay for new orders.

At a few points I was as much as two weeks behind. Again, my apologies to those who had to wait that long.

As for intakes for the Tamiya kit, perhaps some day but not any time soon. My plate is very full...

For those who may have missed it, I've been busy helping a new company develop a new kit: 1/48 Su-33 Sea Flanker

In addition to several upcoming Zactomodels projects, I will be continuing to help them on future kits.

I finally got around to clearing the table cluttered with parts and materials for this project and discovered this:

Aires_warp_zps8701882c.jpg

Has anybody else with the Aires wheel bay set had this problem?

It wasn't like this when I received it.

I could understand this happening if I had left it crammed in the bag with the other parts, but it was sitting on the table at room temperature with nothing touching it.

The other parts still in the bag don't seem to have any problems.

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable when it comes to resin parts but I've never had any of my parts do this.

271.gif/>

Holy smokes!

It looks like it sat out in a car on a hot day and got soft!

Well zacto I would urge you to send an email to them for me personally they have a perfect customer service as I had a broken and warped piece too and they replaced no costs attached what so ever!

I was just curious if anybody else had the same problem.

I'll take a shot a fixing the warps with hot water before bothering them for a replacement. I'm pretty certain I can salvage it.

It looks like it sat out in a car on a hot day and got soft!

But as I said, it was on a flat table-top at room temperature. That's why I find it so odd that this happened.

:cheers:

and do you think that by doing so it won't go back to this state afterwards??

I too think its odd that its curled up where there's a mount of detail on the inside, hoping you can fix this bizarre warp!

Cheers

Fred

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Zactoman,

You never addressed the prior question? Will these fit the Tamiya kit? As you mentioned earlier, there will be work to add these to the Trumpy kit, how much more for Tamiya? Perhaps sometime down the road you would consider a replacement canopy for BOTH kits but really for Tamiya???!

Regards

Chris the cabbie

• 8 months later...

I was just curious if anybody else had the same problem.

I'll take a shot a fixing the warps with hot water before bothering them for a replacement. I'm pretty certain I can salvage it.

But as I said, it was on a flat table-top at room temperature. That's why I find it so odd that this happened.

:cheers:/>

yep, had the same thing happen to me with their AV-8B main wheel-bay. It was warped and would not fit until I gave it a nice hot bath!

Cheers, Gene.

• 5 years later...

So I ordered this kit and I was wondering if for us novice modelers (that are not very good at engraving panel lines) If there might be a solution in the form of some photo etch that might be Curved around the newly sanded and contoured aft end?  It sure would make things a lot easier, with the added benefit of potentially opening those panels for people who might want to Display maintenance.  Just a thought. 

-Preston

Edited by Woogey
Grammar