• 2 weeks later...

How is the Wolfpack cockpit compared to Aires.

Some of the recent Aires stuff looks amazing so probably wait for there B cockpit but from the pics the seats on the WP set look great.

It looks great with lots of detail. I can't say much about Aires I have only ordered one kit from them and I probably would not get another. It was for the Hasagwa A-4. I destroyed the kit trying to make the cockpit fit. It was obvious Aires didn't have an actual kit to work off of. When the cockpit was put in the fuselage there was a large gap. I later read other reviews about that cockpit and they all said the same thing, the cockpit didn't fit and there was a large gap.

Edited by bigobear
  • 1 month later...
Are the intakes nearing completion???
They are back on the workbench after having completed my home improvement project.

Nearing completion? I'd like to think so but I still have quite a bit left to do.

I'm working on the bypass area and still need to make new external fuel tank pylons.

Bypass_1_zps11c8f78b.jpg

Bypass_2_zps92d29624.jpg

I hope to have more updates soon.

Have an order for you shortly for an SU-30 project!
I'd certainly welcome the business! It's been scary slow again lately...

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all!!!

:cheers::santa:

Chris,

Just a heads-up. This may or may not affect your great looking Tomcat intakes: Aires has released a wheel bay set for the Trumpy f-14.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=AI%202182

Personally, I don't plan on using them, but your other customers might. So you might need to factor this into the master.

Cheers,

Terry

Just a heads-up. This may or may not affect your great looking Tomcat intakes: Aires has released a wheel bay set for the Trumpy f-14.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=AI%202182

Thanks Terry! I wasn't aware that they were releasing these.

I just ordered a set and hope they arrive quickly (LuckyModel's website said 7-11 days).

In the mean time if anybody has the set, can you tell me if they measure the same as the Trump parts?

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Glad these are back on the bench, I have an A and D model that will hit the bench with a thud once I receive the intakes.

I will be using the Aires Wheel bays so I hope that not too much surgery is required to use both. If I'm going to have all that beautiful bypass detail, I need Aires level wheel bay detail to match.

Watching with interest...

• 2 weeks later...

Great work on the intakes. I would like two sets of intakes for the F-14D when they are ready. I was just wondering....with so many people needing a set or two of intakes are you going to make enough to fulfill everybody? LOL

I was just wondering....with so many people needing a set or two of intakes are you going to make enough to fulfill everybody?

I'll do my best to fill the orders ASAP.

With as much interest as there seems to be, the first few weeks I will likely be backed up. I'm planning to make multiple sets of molds and start casting as soon as the patterns are finished. Once production is rolling I'll then take the time to make instruction sheets so hopefully by the time I open up sales I'll have a bunch ready to ship.

I will be using the Aires Wheel bays so I hope that not too much surgery is required to use both. If I'm going to have all that beautiful bypass detail, I need Aires level wheel bay detail to match.

My Aires wells were supposed to be here Thursday but have not arrived yet. Hopefully they will be here soon.

Has anybody recieved theirs yet? If so are they the same size as the kit parts?

I'll fit mine as soon as they arrive and post pics.

In the mean time I'm slowly continuing the bypass area:

Intake_18_zpsb2b89bc2.jpg

Intake_19_zpscab525c2.jpg

Intake_20_zpsc841eaaf.jpg

:cheers:/>

Hi Chris,

Very nice progress on the by-pass area. Those parts, they are so tiny!

I think it's nearly time to pouring the production molds. ;)

Eager to see more pics of the completed thing.

Cheers!

Alexander

I received my Aires wells today and got the first side fitted to the fuselage. This required a bit of careful trimming of both the fuselage and the Aires part.

Next I fit my intake and sure enough there was some interference.

I made a few adjustments to my intake pattern so that there should be no surgery required to use them together.

Intake_21_zpscd49af5d.jpg

Intake_22_zps62b04549.jpg

The nose gear well was easier to fit:

Intake_23_zps25da08a3.jpg

... wow indeed. I DREAMT of those intakes last night, I kid you not!

Should I find that disturbing? :P/>

Thanks for all the nice comments!

I hope to be posting more pics soon...

:cheers:/>