I can't wait for these intakes. I have two F-14's on the table waiting for them. Just waiting for the intakes to complete them. As with all Zactomans stuff they are superb!! I wish all resin stuff was as good as Zacto's.

:rolleyes:

Thanks again guys! :cheers:

Second bypass area is now finished and ready for production molds.

I'm currently scribing the interior details of intake #2.

Fuel tank pylons still need to be done.

Anybody have any good detail shots of the pylons with no tanks attached?

:cheers:

Zactoman, will you be selling the intakes without the fuel tank pylons? I ask as I don't require fuel tanks on my early Tomcats as they never carried tanks. Thanks for the update!

Well if you're asking because you're hoping to get them for a lesser price, no.

As it is, even without the pylons, there's no way I could charge a price that is fair to me after all the work I put into these. The price would just be too high.

So I'll be pricing the set low enough that people will still want to buy them, but high enough that I might someday make up for all the hours I've spent on them.

I really need to include the pylons to make it a complete set, so they'll essentially be bonus parts.

Of course if you or anybody else really doesn't want them included I could leave them out and save myself a little extra work. Just let me know when you order. :P

Scribing internal panel lines and rivets is not fun... :wacko:

Well if you're asking because you're hoping to get them for a lesser price, no.

As it is, even without the pylons, there's no way I could charge a price that is fair to me after all the work I put into these. The price would just be too high.

So I'll be pricing the set low enough that people will still want to buy them, but high enough that I might someday make up for all the hours I've spent on them.

I really need to include the pylons to make it a complete set, so they'll essentially be bonus parts.

Of course if you or anybody else really doesn't want them included I could leave them out and save myself a little extra work. Just let me know when you order. :P/>

Scribing internal panel lines and rivets is not fun... :wacko:/>

:cheers:/>

Hi Zactoman. No I certainly wasn't asking if they would be cheaper. I am always happy to pay full price for your products as they are the best of any resin on the market. I was just hoping that they would be available a little more earlier without the pylons:) I will in fact order them when they available without the pylons so you can save a little work and hopefully make a little extra profit from my order.

PS. I have a bad enough time doing external panel lines and rivets without even thinking of internal lines and rivets. This would be why you are the master and we are the consumers:)

I would not complain to much as soon as you finished them you will be spending many enjoyable hours casting hundreds of sets of them for us! WE thank you for all you dedication to our cause:)

I am wondering if these would fit the Tamiya kit??????

It might be possible to force them to fit but it would require lots of filling, sanding and rescribing on the exterior as well as chopping and moving the bypass details on the inside. Probably more trouble than it's worth.

I'll investigate the possibility more once they are finished and in production.

• 2 weeks later...

Im in for a set.

while you are at it could you make new left forward fuselage :) I am dreading having to fit those lousy gun acess panels.

for a 1/32 tomcat I might have to go all out and get all the aries stuff for it as well.

Unfortunately I injured my back, lost a full week and spent almost a week catching up on orders and things. I've gotten back to adding final details on the second intake and hope to pour a preliminary mold this weekend. Hopefully fuel tank pylons can be made during the next week. Production molds the following week?

Believe me that I am just as anxious as all of you to get these finished and on the market!

• 3 weeks later...
And Chris...how are they shaping (back and the intakes :))

Hi Tim,

My back got better and the pain moved down to my hip. The hip slowly got better and now I'm good to go. Getting old sucks!

I've had way too many other interruptions since then including taxes and a plastic disaster (no more canopies for a while...), so I'm still not finished.

I did finish the second intake, poured a preliminary mold and cast a test piece. Like the first, shrinkage was more than I had anticipated and will have to be dealt with by the modeler. I'll post a little how-to when I've got the actual production castings and know just how much shrinkage there is.

Pylons are in the works:

Intake_32_zps197a6484.jpg?t=1366335672

You can see how far off the positioning of the fuel tanks/pylons was on the stock kit:

Intake_33_zps908fed35.jpg?t=1366335674

Intake_34_zps01a95961.jpg?t=1366335670