Iran tests stealth aircraft

It doesn't look terribly stealthy. Sort of looks a bit like the Hopeless Diamond test aircraft.

I'd be curious to know if they have any sort of RAM technology in the works or if they were able to get some of the parts from the F-117 that was shot down over Serbia.

Just because they tested a model on a pole does not mean that they "tested an aircraft" IMHO. Iran has been boasting about testing everything between an ultralight and a heavy transport; but about the only indigenous design that we have ever seen flying is the FUGLY one-off jet trainer (JT-2 Tazarve or "Ya Hossein Tazarve") they did several years ago, and reverse-engineered F-5 derivatives.

Edited by KursadA

What's the point of testing a "stealth" aircraft in the open, right next to trees, birds and on a base that is obviously not even close to being stealthy.

This is some display at a museum or something like that.

Dear citizens of planet Earth!

As a registered member of this forum , I would like to use this opportunity and announce that the Republic of Hawkins has tested a 1:1 scale, full stealth aircraft which has begun mass production immediately after it's first SUCCESSFUL test(no further tests were necessary, of course!) Here's a picture of it:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nujB_bTXMYA/THDD...perairplane.jpg

Republic of Hawkins out!

Edited by Hawkins
Dear citizens of planet Earth!

As a registered member of this forum , I would like to use this opportunity and announce that the Republic of Hawkins has tested a 1:1 scale, full stealth aircraft which has begun mass production immediately after it's first SUCCESSFUL test(no further tests were necessary, of course!) Here's a picture of it:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_nujB_bTXMYA/THDD...perairplane.jpg

Republic of Hawkins out!

Too many panellines, canopy is crap and it just doesnt look stealthy.

But I don't see the engine faces, so he might be on to something....also looks like the exhaust might be sheilded to prevent IR detection.

It´ll end up looking like a F-5 with twin tail fins anyway :jaw-dropping:

Seriously tho, Iran has an expanding aircraft industry and they might very well surprise us someday....

I do not doubt anyones ability to design and build aircraft....however an old adage comes to mind " ya have to walk before run, and you most definitely have to crawl before you walk", even with input from other sources....aircraft development is a mighty huge beast and is not conquered easily.

Ah, but it is made of a non-reflective and radar absorbent material and when produced in the thousands will overwhelm enemy radar defenses.......

I wonder what will happen if it starts to rain? Will it collapse and "melt"?

When i think about it, that is not an unusual problem for stealth planes, so i guess that is ok. :rolleyes:

Don't underestimate the Iranians. They may not be in the same league as we are but they have a highly advanced aerospace industry, with thousands of US / western educated engineers. They do have a penchant for releasing a good number of "prototypes" that will never amount to anything but that doesn't' mean that they don't have any real potential.