Over the years, your commentary added to the end of, lets call them... troublesome posts, have provided me with many a chuckle, sometimes even a hearty guffaw! A witty and intellectual mod, you're giving other mod's a "personality" challenge. May I suggest that perhaps after all this time, you may have enough material to write a humorous book?

A fan.

Edited by Miccara

We could have the moderators record decisions, like supreme court justices. For supreme courts, generally there's at least one for the majority opinion, and then possible a concurring or dissenting opinion. Some of these are the most famous documents in history. Many are quite well written, too

The problem, however, with likening the Modatorial staff to Supreme Court justices, is that it begs comparison with the movie Judge Dredd. And that shouldn't happen to anyone.

Over the years, your commentary added to the end of, lets call them... troublesome posts, have provided me with many a chuckle, sometimes even a hearty guffaw! A witty and intellectual mod, you're give other mod's a "personality" challenge. May I suggest that perhaps after all this time, you may have enough material to write a humorous book?

A fan.

Why yes, in fact, I have enough material for a decent Manga or possible even a Youtube Anime story. Good thing I saved all those posts.

:)

Alvis 3.1

Chapter suggestions:

Anecdotal evidence of threads getting more out of control in the summer months <- seriously

2012 and the end of ARC, World

Alvis, The multi thread three war veteran: the F-22 sucks, the V-22 sucks, the F-35 sucks worse.

One riot, one ranger -- how one super moderater took on Charlie Sheen, Bubba Gump, Michael Bay, and a brilliant feline using only a cape and razor sharp teeth.

How about that Global warming/ nonsense?

Argentinian revenge-- the Falklands rematch

Yay!! Its election time again, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 --Note: 2012 election presumes the lack of global Apocalypse (edits may follow)

Have I told you all lately how much better my religion/aircraft/military/culture is lately?? A public service announcement, soon to be locked.

Yay!! Its election time again, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 --Note: 2012 election presumes the lack of global Apocalypse (edits may follow)

I could be wrong, but I think the 2012 election is jsut before the world ends. :P

I could be wrong, but I think the 2012 election is jsut before the world ends. :P

You are correct - which just means we'll welcome death as sweet release from all the partisan political ads we'll have been subjected to....

I could be wrong, but I think the 2012 election is jsut before the world ends. :jaw-dropping:

What do you mean by "just before" the world ends (and who says the calendar isn't off by a month or two)? :P

Edited by Jay Chladek

The proper way to honor Alvis is with whiskey and firearms and a ham buffet. And not just any ham buffet, but a ham 'n liqueur extravaganza.

Alvis is the holiest man to slap iron. He killed for you sins.

And now I'm hoping that at least one person gets the reference or the joke is going to fall very flat.

The proper way to honor Alvis is with whiskey and firearms and a ham buffet. And not just any ham buffet, but a ham 'n liqueur extravaganza.

I would have thought a fete at Tim Hortons would have been appropriate.

Regards,

Murph

Alvis is the holiest man to slap iron. He killed for you sins.

And now I'm hoping that at least one person gets the reference or the joke is going to fall very flat.

Sorry, I can't place the reference. Darn. Now I feel dumb*.

Alvis 3.1

*Ok, dumber

Somebody got it. It's from the Adult Swim cartoon "Sealab 2021". Alvis is the name of a religious figure, and in one of the episodes they have a Alvis Day celebration.

The Legend of Alvis:

http://video.adultswim.com/sealab-2021/the...d-of-alvis.html

The True Meaning of Alvis Time:

http://video.adultswim.com/sealab-2021/the...alvis-time.html

I don't think people outside the US can see those videos.

On the subject of Adult Swim, Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law at one point defended Secret Squirrel in court. Might be worth investigating that episode, too. Not as funny as when Birdman had to defend the Scooby Doo gang on charges of marijuana use and possession, but worth seeing nonetheless.