How many unbuilt models do you have?

Wow. Some of those photos are... something else.

For a few years my stash was just one kit, an An-2, that I'd bought with the intention of going nuts on detailing. I bought it in 2008, and didn't ever start it... I got back into building after getting a MiG-21 kit in 2009.

Now, I have ten on hand. I never /intended/ to build a stash!

Oh, I just found another kit I forgot I had... sometime late 2005 I bought it, a Bandai kit of Eva 00 Prototype, Ayanami's first mecha in Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's been in a box since I moved out of that place in 2006, and only just resurfaced...

Less than a hundred, about a quarter of which were well-intentioned gifts that I don't intend to build. Those go to my four-year-old, who loves painting them. The stash slowly builds as I add 1-4 per year.

The bad news is that I'm a strong starter . . . and a terrible finisher. They collect dust on the workbench when life gets in the way, so a good dozen are in different stages of completion.

I had about 150 until recently. I needed to seriously downsize my possesions in all areas so all of the unstarted kits were donated to the local IPMS chapter along with tools and assorted other accessories.

My aviation book and art collection is next.

Happy Modeling to everyone.

Cash, my wife bought 3 also while we were there but she wrote a check for her's.

I meant, did you walk into a hobby store and put 264 kits on the counter?

Or were they purchased from an individual?

Jumpin' Crickets!! Just seen Tenax Sniffer's pics -that's...not a hobby store, is it? Don't feel so bad now.

I saw an excellent term in a modelling mag once: 'Collector/Builder'! It sort of sounds like it's OK to spend an obscene amount of cash on boxes of stuff, most of which you will open only once. And, of course, invites the balance between the two component terms to be wherever you want...

I meant, did you walk into a hobby store and put 264 kits on the counter?

Or were they purchased from an individual?

Oh I thought you ment "how", like cash, check, or charge.. I paid for them at the counter, then we went down in basement and started loading car. My wife did her 3 the carry to counter and pay for way. Although her's barely fit.

Oh I thought you ment "how", like cash, check, or charge.. I paid for them at the counter, then we went down in basement and started loading car. My wife did her 3 the carry to counter and pay for way. Although her's barely fit.

I'll bet you're greeted with a smile whenever you walk into that store....

Well I went back again. Got 240 more new ones, and 11 old ones. And Yes, I get smiles. More from the HS owner than the guy who rings me up and helps load. (must not be on commission) That should put me at 3500 +/-.

Updated my spreadsheet yesterday. Sold a sizeable number of kits on a German forum and wanted to see how much of a dent that made into my stash.

Stash before sale: 1048

Stash after sale: 1067

:wacko: Whoa, wait, something went wrong there! That's not the way it's supposed to work, is it? :blink:

Seems I re-invested the money I made into even more plastic! :doh::beer4:

Edited by ChernayaAkula

Updated my spreadsheet yesterday. Sold a sizeable number of kits on a German forum and wanted to see how much of a dent that made into my stash.

Stash before sale: 1048

Stash after sale: 1067

:wacko: Whoa, wait, something went wrong there! That's not the way it's supposed to work, is it? :blink:

Seems I re-invested the money I made into even more plastic! :doh::beer4:

I am proud of you. Good job!

I am sitting around 600 or so.

I have seven and one on the way, three on the counter and four boxed. 4 1:72 and three 1:48's. And as a new hobby after looking at the large stash most listed here leaves me amazed. At the very least like Jason post, any aircraft you might be feeling generous about, just think of us LOL.:)

Tonal

Are you looking for something in particular?

Hi ikar, well now that you've ask, aircraft 1:48 in the Su-27,30,37 would be nice. You can always friend me and or e-mail me. Thanks in advance :woot.gif::rolleyes:

I just added three.

But I have to wonder how many of these megastashes have multiples of kits (or decal sets!) gathering dust that others are hunting and scouring for... :)