Flightpath 1-32 APU Starter

Hi,

I am new to ARC, but been modelling a few years now.

I have currently had a break from building aircraft to build the following above, but not sure if this is the right section?

More to follow soon:

5498989993_39856be42b_b.jpg

5498988869_a206c0ce18_b.jpg

It is not as yet complete but I cannot tell you how different soldering and working with this amount of brass is compared to just putting plastic together.

I have also learnt that no matter how hard you try you cannot solder white metal parts... They simply melt!

Welcome to ARC James V. That's a fine way to introduce yourself.

Neat work on your starter cart. Please add your progress as I'm keen to see how this builds up. I'm guessing this is the more modern Tornado/Typhoon version?

Cheers,

:)

Cheers Geedubelyer,

This is for the Typhoon and Tornado, made by Flightpath. Thank you for the kind comment, I am really impressed with your work (I have seen your previous 32nd scale kits on here but only recently registered) and I must say they are fantastic. I alos seemt o recall you built a 25kva APU in the past?

Hello JamesV, thanks for the kind words.

This is for the Typhoon and Tornado, made by Flightpath.
Ah, I thought as much. I'd like to build one of these at some point so I'll be keen to see how yours comes together. I tried to buy one when I got the Houchin MkV but Mr Parkins was out of stock.

I alos seemt o recall you built a 25kva APU in the past?
Yes I did but I took the cowards way out with CA and epoxy :)

I've never learnt how to solder properly so it was the only way I could assemble the box section.

Yours is neat and square so good job on that. It looks like the wheels are improved in this kit too.

May I ask what you're using for reference? I've tried to find photos on-line for colours, data placard placement etc but I've not found anything.

I'm eager to see more.

Cheers.

:touche:

Hi again

I have a few photos that Dave supplies with the kit which I have used but I do have a contact in an RAF base so I might ask him if I could get some photos of one of these units for reference. If I do, you are welcome to have them. He is overseas at the moment, but will ask when he gets back.

Soldering is pretty easy, I bought a 30W soldering iron, got a "flat screw driver" head on it, solder, carrs red flux... oh and a Photo etch bending tool... Have you got one of these? They are fantastic!!!!

• 4 weeks later...