Postage times USA to UK

Well I got myself a Monogram F-101, and the only way to finish it is in 81st TFW (RAF Bentwaters) markings. Minor detail, they used single-seaters and the Monogram is a two-seater F-101B.

No problem, CandH Aero Miniatures makes a conversion kit. I ordered one, and after a month it hadn't arrived. I emailed the owner, who promptly and without question despatched another, also emailing me a scan of the receipt for the postage on the first and checking that he had my address correct. The second one was despatched 26th Feb, which is nearly two weeks now.

Is this normal, to be expected?

I have to stress that I do not not believe the fault lies with CandH - I have heard nothing but good about them, and my own experience bears this out. But where do I start chasing? Royal Mail? HM Customs? or where? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,

Edited by MikeC

Between 2-3 weeks normally. I doubt very much that customs have a hold of it as the amount at which you start to pay import tax is over 100.00GBP, and they normally only target the larger items.

I'm also led to believe that the USA have introduced more stringent checks on International airmail items, but not sure if that applies to items entering or leaving the USA.

Between 2-3 weeks normally. I doubt very much that customs have a hold of it as the amount at which you start to pay import tax is over 100.00GBP, and they normally only target the larger items.

I'm also led to believe that the USA have introduced more stringent checks on International airmail items, but not sure if that applies to items entering or leaving the USA.

there is NO import tax on models in the UK. They are zero rated for import duty.

You pay VAT on imports. You will pay 20% vat on commercial goods over £18 and "gifts" over £40

Normally post time is 2 to 3 weeks. Generally if you have to pay the Post office anything you get a letter from them with the details.

It might be worth going to your local Parcel Force depot and exlaining you are waiting for a parcel. I did this and they found my parcel. They said the letter must have gone astray?

Julien

Edited by Julien (UK)

Thanks for the input people, pleased to say that the second kit arrived this morning, :pray: which makes it just over two weeks. Where the first one got to who knows? :lol: