On the final hour I realized I have the wrong nose for this project, and I already gave away the F model that I scavanged the F model top turret from. Apparently it had the G chin turret but not the port guns, what to do?

Apparently it had the G chin turret but not the port guns, what to do?

You are correct. "Vonnie Gal" Was a very late F, one of the 86 or so that had chin turrets, and no cheek guns, so no bulged cheeks. The only answer I can give is to perform surgery to make it accurate or leave it as is. If you elect surgery, I dont know how far along you are with it but if the fuse halves are still apart, surgery is an option. If you've closed up the fuselage, I'd let it go, maybe use a differant decal set.

Surgery would be to cut out the bulged cheeks, and replace them with cut out parts from the another G nose using the small windows.

Ah I thought he was talking about the nose cone. Yea that surgery is really a pain. I kind of did it on The Duke of Paducah I built but then totally forgot to change the starboard side. It's a fine solution if you have spare fuselages to cut up. If not then it's just a matter of how much AMS you're feeling. If it was me I'd just leave it as is and use the decals and only a select few will know. Also depends on what you're doing with the model. If donating it to someplace/someone then it's either make the necessary changes or don't and explain to them that the kit's like that and there really aren't alternatives.