One of the BEST Shows in the Midwest!!!!!! 100 Plus vendor tables and the people were out!!! Not a bad raffle too :thumbsup:

Saw Steve Stohr and passed condolances on the passing of his Father. I judged Armor and saw most of the 600+ kits on the tables and Indiana ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! BOS was a scratch build Sci_Fi dio named "POGO." Good stuff and if ya went went came home lite in the wallet! Kudo's to my youngest, Mike, for winning Best Youth/First with his MONOGRAM 1/32 Sherman Hedge Hog :worship:

Edited by Bun E. Carlos

It was an good show. Alot of very nice work, I was surprised there weren't more large scale planes with the current trends in the hobby market. My son cleaned up like a bandit, he got a $30 kit for $10 and two vendors just outright gave him kits because he thought they were cool. There weren't many kids there, I knew the hobby was "getting older" but I was really surprised that out of all those people there weren't but maybe a dozen kids total. A sign of the times.

I was there as well, and walked till my poor feet couldn't take it anymore! Nice bunch folks everywhere I turned. The parking lots at the school were nearly filled up, and that ought to give us a clue to the attendence alone!

I loved the Stalingrad diorama! Must have worked on that thing for a solid year! But I'd have hated to be the folks judging the builds as I saw lots and lots of sure fire winners.

As to the folks that didn't attend; you missed out on a really good time! Myself I left with a Hasegawa Lancaster and one more piece to an ME410 build that seems to be forever gathering parts (I need the resin gun packs now). I could have speent a couple hundred dollars in there!

gary

I was there as well, and walked till my poor feet couldn't take it anymore! Nice bunch folks everywhere I turned. The parking lots at the school were nearly filled up, and that ought to give us a clue to the attendence alone!

I loved the Stalingrad diorama! Must have worked on that thing for a solid year! But I'd have hated to be the folks judging the builds as I saw lots and lots of sure fire winners.

As to the folks that didn't attend; you missed out on a really good time! Myself I left with a Hasegawa Lancaster and one more piece to an ME410 build that seems to be forever gathering parts (I need the resin gun packs now). I could have speent a couple hundred dollars in there!

gary

My dog's are killing me too :thumbsup:

I never really made the contest room....downside of vending but I knew that going in.

Great show :crying2:

My dog's are killing me too :blink:

I never really made the contest room....downside of vending but I knew that going in.

Great show :pray:

You know you just couldn't beat the folks attending that show! Honestly the only bad thing I saw was the indigestion I got from eating those two hot dogs! I brought eighty dollars with me, with the idea that this was the max limit this time around. I could have easilly spent five hundred in there as the deals were that good in most places. My only regret was that I didn't have enough money on me to buy that Classic Airframes 1/48th Hudson!!! I've seen them go for two hundred on Ebay, and this guy wanted $80! Looked at just about every box of decales hoping to score a set for an F14D in 1/32, but nobody brought many 1/32nd decales this year.

gary

I didn't see a lot of 1/32 of any description, kits, resin, or decals. I had a pretty good look because I had plenty of time to do so while we waited on the judging. It is possible there was more there inthe morning before we got there. I was expecting the mother load and found it to be a bit sparse. There was mass amounts of everything else just little joy for me.

All in all, a great show though!

Edited by Expat Tomcat

Glad everyone had a good time. Too bad I didn't get to meet up with anyone, it would have been nice to put some faces with the names. As it was, we photographed all 601 models. I alone took 352 photos!

I should have the results and photos up on the website within the week.

Looking forward to next years contest!

Mandie and I had a fantastic time as always. I entered four models and took home some iron. Didn't buy a lot in the vendor room, but it was great seeing a lot of folks I only get to meet in person once or twice a year.

SN

Had a great time.. Indy is a first-rate chapter that hosts a first-rate show!! Was very pleased to see many old friends and also put faces with names!

Had a great time as usual. May have made a couple pampered chef sales. Jack Z, hope you are feeling better, you had some of us worried.

Bugfan? Somebody PM or something and let me know.

the other other Jack

Did I see a secret surveillance team keeping an eye on Don for most of the day?

Yeap :)

I talked to Bug yesterday Jack...he's ok.....he was fighting a bug (Bug vs bug :thumbsup: ) but feeling better yesterday

Had a great time.. Indy is a first-rate chapter that hosts a first-rate show!! Was very pleased to see many old friends and also put faces with names!

Bugfan? Somebody PM or something and let me know.

the other other Jack

we spoke a couple times during my laps around the place. I bought a couple items from you, and though you pretty much had the whole spectrum covered (except 1/32 Tomcat decales).

gary