Can`t post Avatar from my computer pics

I think you have to upload them onto your photo bucket and then transfer..I think there is a pinned topic somewhere on the forum on how to

load etc and I think it might be on the Top of that pinned section..if I find it I will let you knwo where to look..

Give ME a minute.......... :blink:

Okay found it ..look at the top of the menu of this forum and it is PINNED on how to upload from photobucket...

Edited by HOLMES
As HOLMES states, you cannot upload directly to the forums in terms of avatars or posting. You must use Photobucket, Flickr or another internet site that has the pic stored

Thanks Fellas,

I`m a member at Finescale Modeler`s forum and sounds similar to the way it has to be done over there...I have Photobucket and am familiar how to post from there. Now that I know, I`ll figure it out. BUT...be prepared for a few more dumb questions from me! :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello new to ARS also and I believe I am having the same problem. Which is the correct link to use on photo bucket. Thanks

LOL....... I believe I got it thanks and look forward to being a member.

Thanks

Edited by spaceranger01
I still cant work it out...I've read all the posts but its just beyond me!!! :thumbsup:

What image hosting service are you using? Do you have the URL for the webpage where the where the image can be seen?

What image hosting service are you using? Do you have the URL for the webpage where the where the image can be seen?

photobucket, just cant figure out how to cut/paste, I keep reading the tips but its beyond me..lol!

photobucket, just cant figure out how to cut/paste, I keep reading the tips but its beyond me..lol!

If you can provide me with the webpage URL that has the image.....I may be able to get the link and load your Avatar for you.

The uploading ability was turned off for all images etc after the forums were hacked....twice. But the program still offers you the option and then doesn't permit you to do it after you try.

Programmers in general never think about the end user very much as they seem to think they know better.

If you can provide me with the webpage URL that has the image.....I may be able to get the link and load your Avatar for you.

Yeh I figured it out ( with a little help from a friend ), now I know how to do it I'm a bit embarassed by my previous failures...lol!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to know why my avatar disappeared when the forum boards changed over to this new format.

Sorry Jeff........each time I've moved the forums they seem to change things around. This means images and avatars might get moved to a different folder in the forums program.

Was this an avatar you uploaded from your computer years ago when avatar uploading was permitted? Or was this a stock avatar supplied by the forums program?

I thought I have grabbed all the avatars from the old server. I think the stock acatars are stored ina different folder on this version of the program. Give me some info and I'll try to track it down for ya'. You wouldn't happen to know the URL for the image would you?

Ok....I found some more images on the old server. I should have then downloaded to my commputer then uploaded to the new computer later today.

I checked your profile Jeff and I can't find any evidence of your avatar....which leaves me wondering if the program accidentally deleted it?

Of course one good thing is you can now upload avatars from your computer to the forums again.

Hi Steve,

Yes, it was uploaded from my computer before that option was removed.

I just attempted to upload the image again after modifying it to match your new size and content requirements and it is still refusing to allow it to upload.

I am now attempting to link to the same image that is now on my FaceBook page. I was not eager to do this since I am not sure I want to maintain my FB page and if I delete my account I am once again without an avatar.

This is the image that I had been using for my avatar:

n722638531_1234349_1820.jpg

Edited by jeffryfontaine

I'm going to look for your avatar image among the avatars on the ARC servers to see if I can figure out what has happened.

I've uploaded your avatar to your account on the new ARC server, so you can delete it from your FB account if you wish. You weren't able to upload it as you had it sized slightly larger than 80 x 80 in size. But it's all good now.

I'm going to look for your avatar image among the avatars on the ARC servers to see if I can figure out what has happened.

I've uploaded your avatar to your account on the new ARC server, so you can delete it from your FB account if you wish. You weren't able to upload it as you had it sized slightly larger than 80 x 80 in size. But it's all good now.

Thank you for fixing the problem. I did modify the original image that I had on the computer to meet the size and dimensional requirements that were stipulated in the instructions on my profile page. The forum was still refusing to allow the image to upload with the reduction in size. Not sure why that was happening but it was certainly aggravating to follow the instructions and still fail.

The image on my FB account was not modified since it was already uploaded. Still odd that the image has gone AWOL as it had been my avatar image for a very long time.

Edited by jeffryfontaine

The image on my FB account was not modified since it was already uploaded. Still odd that the image has gone AWOL as it had been my avatar image for a very long time.

Your missing Avatar has me concerned because I doubt you are the only one. :unsure: