gents:

While waiting for the Avenger to dry and such I decided to pull out an old Heller T-bird and produce something else.

Leading edge decals and True Details bang seats. Not very many parts in this kit, but it looks like a T-bird. This seems to be a seldom photographed bird. ALL BLACK!

OnCanadianWings003.jpg

OnCanadianWings004.jpg

OnCanadianWings007.jpg

Very little filler req'd considering the age of the kit. A few sink marks and a slight misalignment of the lower wing joints.

OnCanadianWings010.jpg

OnCanadianWings016.jpg

Painting has started (brush painted Humbrol gloss black)

Alvin5182

I think you mean Arrow Graphics Decals if they are the ones in your picture but Leading Edge did do a similar scheme with the black going to grey going to silver scheme on a 414 bird...

Cheers

Bruce

• 1 month later...

Nice, there was a couple versions of the real plane. Also a couple different decal choices by Arrow graphics and of course the more recent Leading Edge.

About the one Knight not out enough in decal from (apart from kit decals in 1/72) is the RED Knight. Course Canmilair might have that one.

Phantom...One of Leading Edge's early sheets (on the original red card backers) covered every year of Red Knights with all the slight variations as well as the blue /white/red 10,000 Hour Kiwi bird...While I still have a copy, when I next see Dave I'm going to tell him it is time to reissue that sheet, especially with all the new 1/32 and 1/72 kits. Wouldn't hurt to put in requests as he has all the info and art work....

Cheers

Bruce

That's a great brush job, Al. And don't you just hate those localized dust storms!? What a nuisance... Nothing a bit of fine wet sanding and a bit more paint won't fix.