Cocaine Found At Kennedy Space Center

Okay, I get the capitalization of "R," but given that you have run the three words into one, capitalizing C and F seems superfluous.

Maybe he's a rapper in real life?

Regards,

Murph

Come to think of it, I probably should ask the Grand Galactic Inquisitor of ARC to change my screen-name to simply "Fish," as I haven't seen anyone post under that moniker, so I don't think there'd be confusion. Offhand, I don't know if there's an abandoned account with that name; I imagine there is, or I've managed all these years not to run into the active "Fish" here (a considerable feat, if true), given the commonality of the word.

Yep. Just checked. "fish" came and went in summer, 2007, having gotten an answer to his on-topic question. Oh well, missed my chance...

Well, maybe it was this guy:

Fish.jpg

Yup. I single out NASA because people in highly technical, mission-critical jobs in which they hold other people's lives and billions of taxpayer dollars worth of advanced technology in their hands really, really need not to be snorting blow. And they really, super-especially need to not be snorting blow at work.

If the car dealer down the street or the bank manager up the block are snorting cocaine, that's terrible, but not a potential tragedy. Nobody's going to die and billions of dollars worth of equipment is not going to get wrecked if they're not on their game. At NASA, it's a different story. So yeah, I am singling NASA out.

How do you know this was from highly technical, mission-critical worker? It could have been, as others have said, a janitor or night watchmen or delivery guy or who knows...

As far as I'm concerned, I don't have issue that you posted the story or that you are holding NASA to a higher standard (NO PUN INTENDED) I think they should be held to a strict policy, which they are (zero tolerence). My problem with the initial post is that it makes it sound like NASA has turned in to some frat house and there's a rampit use of drugs that are keeping them from doing good work. I've even seen some people on other sites saying that drug use is to be expected when you get these astronaut types together. They really believe that astronauts are a bunch of coke addict fast paced playboys flying off to space for the "thrill". All of the astronauts and other NASA workers i've met were extremely disciplined, intelligent professionals that get paid much less than their non-government counterparts simply because they want to do what they do.

That's all. Not a big deal just something that irked me a bit.

Bill

See honey *pointing out to wife*, nerdy model guys have very witty senses of humour too!

Oh....oh, no. No, no, no, don't do that. Don't even let her know you hang out here. Really. Pointing anything out from this forum as defense of modeling nerds is only going to confirm her suspicions.

Tell her all this time you've been internet gambling.

Maybe he's a rapper in real life?

Regards,

Murph

No doubt a veteran of the vicious long-haired/short-haired gang wars.

don't you mean suPURRRflous?

Wow, RandomCatFacts is acquiring a movement. Perhaps the CoV needs to appoint an investigatory commission in order to determine whether we should then appoint another commission to investigate this development further.

Edited by Fishwelding
Wow, RandomCatFacts is acquiring a movement. Perhaps the CoV needs to appoint an investigatory commission in order to determine whether we should then appoint another commission to investigate this development further.

We're still hung up on the oatmeal thing. BTW, has anyone seen or heard from El Presidente Waco?

Edited by Trigger
We're still hung up on the oatmeal thing. BTW, has anyone seen or heard from El Presidente Waco?

I assumed he was doing the "Peter the Great" thing: disguising himself as a simple, immigrant worker in order to secretly learn about some highly advanced technology in another country--or maybe another planet. I don't doubt that when he returns, we'll be able to build our own starships, or laser cannons, or figure out a way to combine both blueberrization and cinnamonization into a single, continuous-production process, thereby ending our costly, skilled-labor-intensive batch production of premium quality oatmeal breakfast.