Alenia/Lockheed Martin C-27J

The C-27J tail #27012 is owned by the 179AW/164AS, the first US operators of the C-27J. aircraft has not had the ARMY markings changed yet. The Air Force took full control of the C-27J program in october. Still called JCA progam, but now completely Air Force ANG.

The C-27J tail #27012 is owned by the 179AW/164AS, the first US operators of the C-27J. aircraft has not had the ARMY markings changed yet. The Air Force took full control of the C-27J program in october. Still called JCA progam, but now completely Air Force ANG.

Thanks Herc164. I was only going by what I was told when I asked about the US Army markings on the fuselage.

Thanks Herc164. I was only going by what I was told when I asked about the US Army markings on the fuselage.

If there is anything else I can help with let me know, it is kind of confusing right now, with Army markings still on the aircraft. They should be painted very soon with the Air Force ANG markings.

The C-27's ancestor - the Aeritalia G-222 - doing a 'Khe San' approach at Zhukovsky, Moscow during the MAKS 05 airshow.....

day_05_58.jpg

Luckily, he flared before landing........

day_05_59.jpg

.... not like the one at RIAT Fairford - he landed on his nosewheel - which promptly collapsed. :yahoo:

He skidded along in a shower of sparks - as it came to a halt, flames and smoke were seen emanating from the nosewheel bay.

Fortunately, no-one was hurt - but the crew evacuation was done in some haste!

The runway was blocked for a few hours and the show had to be re-arranged - with Harriers and gliders being put up to keep the crowds amused until the runway was cleared.

Ken

SIG- Great photos by the way, everyone at the unit loves them.

Jake- Yeah can't wait to get you up here to shoot them, once they're painted. There have been some issue with the planes, and that has delayed them, but I heard yesterday they are going with the new tail flash! :cheers: The rest of markings should be close to what I sent you. actually had 6 C-27'S on the apron the other day, only 4 are ours, but hey they are all here finally! I'll get more info out as I can.

This is just me but that's gotta be the oddest looking set of main set of main landing gear I've seen in a while. :cheers:

Not really...... the Antonov An-72/74 has the same arrangement....

day05_015.jpg

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
  • 2 weeks later...