Compressor Meltdown

My air compressor just self-destructed (again).

This means I'm out of business until I get it repaired. :)

I do have certain items in stock.

E-mail me if you want to order something: Zactoman@Zactomodels.com

What I don't have are MiG-29 corrections, Su-27 intakes or nosecones.

Rather than repair the POS direct drive pump again I'm going to try to get a new belt drive pump first thing tomorrow.

Hopefully I won't be down for long...

Edited by Zactoman

After researching and pricing parts I decided to just buy a whole new compressor.

It is soooo much quieter than my old one.

Zactowoman is happy! :jaw-dropping:

I'm back in the shop and casting parts again.

:whistle:

After researching and pricing parts I decided to just buy a whole new compressor.

It is soooo much quieter than my old one.

Zactowoman is happy! :P

I'm back in the shop and casting parts again.

:(

WHewwww... ;) I just ordered a A7 and dug out my old mig29... any ideah when we will have mig29 & A7 parts again

I know "quieter" costs more, but, keeping the peace and not having a lot of DB in the ears really is nice.
Considering that the first compressor was a freebie hand-me-down, yes, this one was much more expensive!

I am thankful for the old compressor. It did get me by for almost four years, but man it was loud!

It wasn't just a few DBs, it shook the whole house.

It vibrated so much that it broke its' own motor mounts which I had welded back together the last time it seized.

This time it only broke one of the motor mounts but both pistons snapped.

Here is the carnage:

Crunch.jpg

Shiny, new, happy, quiet compressor:

Shiny.jpg

I just ordered a A7 and dug out my old mig29... any ideah when we will have mig29 & A7 parts again
MiG-29 parts are available right now.

The A-7 sets are still on hold.

I was having big problems doing the vacformed canopies and am waiting for samples from an outside vendor.

Sorry to those who are anxiously waiting...

:monkeydance:

hi Chris! I'm happy you've got a new compressor. No mystifying the event but a brake down of an old compressor occurred practically at the same time with the Fucushima tragedy. :woot.gif:

I hope the new one will get you by for much longer.

The receiver, though, looks like a big propane bottle. :)

Cheers!

Alexander

:cheers:

Edited by Eastern
  • 2 months later...

I'm glad to see your 'up and running' again! :trolls: Your forum is a great source of information! :banana:

What a great idea to hook both tanks together too! :cheers:

Oh and I ordered some of your Mig 21 stuff too! Looking forward to seeing your fantastic work!!

David

What a great idea to hook both tanks together too! :cheers:
Having the two tanks has worked well when I get really busy casting parts. I am able to charge the tanks in the morning and cast all day without having to run the compressor motor and when it does run it is soooo much quieter than my old one :thumbsup:
I'm glad to see your 'up and running' again!

Oh and I ordered some of your Mig 21 stuff too!

I was up and running... :rolleyes:

I took the weekend off to beef up my computer (uber-gaming rig) so I didn't get any parts cast for orders. I will be casting your parts tomorrow and shipping them on Tuesday. Sorry about the delay and "Thank You!" for the order.

I took the weekend off to beef up my computer (uber-gaming rig) so I didn't get any parts cast for orders. I will be casting your parts tomorrow and shipping them on Tuesday. Sorry about the delay and "Thank You!" for the order.

Oh Chris.....I'm in no hurry! I'm just gathering parts for my next project! (That's if I don't find a 'different' one to do before I finish my 'current' project!!LOL!

What games do you play, Chris?
Well, I don't play any online games so you won't get the oportunity to say "I pwned Zactoman!"... :P

Unfortunately I don't find much time at all for playing games so I won't play online and I tend to pick games that I can play short sessions, save and quit.

Call of Duty - I've enjoyed all of the Call of Duty games and am currently playing Black Ops (so far, this seems to be my least favorite of the series since there is so much guided cinematic vs. free game play. I've just started though so I'll reserve judgement.).

Fallout 3 - I recently finished playing and had a great time. Incredible how big a map you could roam without any pauses for loading. I like the fact that the game lasted a long time and I never got bored of it.

Starcarft - I really enjoyed Starcraft 2 but Starcraft 1 is still my favorite game (though I haven't played lately). I also enjoyed Command and Conquer, Age of Empires and Warcraft years ago.

Diablo and Diablo 2 were fun (years ago).

Unreal Tournament - UT-2003 is a favorite (I've also got UT3). I like the fact that you can set the time for the length of a match. Lacking free time I would set the time to 15 minutes so I could start and finish a game every now and then. I kept the settings to low-gravity and triple jump so I was jumping and floating all over the place. Fun...

I've only tried a few flight sims and didn't enjoy them much due to my lack of coordination... :bandhead2:

I've avoided even trying WoW as I've seen how adicting it can be. Plus it's an online game that requires commiting uninterupted blocks of time.

Seeing that list do you have any suggestions for games that I might like?

I've got Farcry 2 and Metro 2033 that I've yet to try.

As for my rig :nanner: :

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

MSI Sata 3 mobo

16GB Ram

Powercolor PCS+ AX5870 X2 crossfired

Crucial 256GB Satat 3 SSD primary drive

WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata 3 Hdd secondary drive

Lots of blue leds!

• 1 month later...

I also enjoyed Command and Conquer

<snip>

Seeing that list do you have any suggestions for games that I might like?

Which C&C? Have you played "Generals"? Generals are pretty good. The biggest downside of Generals compared to Red Alert 2 was the absence of naval power.

I also played a bit of Red Alert 3 and Tiberium Wars. Didn't quite enjoy these as much as the older C&C franchise.

Also, have you played Battlefield? I got into Battlefield in a fairly big way a couple of years ago, in parts due to work stress (wanna kill someone at work, but rather than doing it for real, I took it out on the games!! :woot.gif::whistle:). One of the things I love about Battlefield is that you can play it for 15 minutes, or a few hours. Your choice. :thumbsup:

As for my rig :nanner: :

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T

MSI Sata 3 mobo

16GB Ram

Powercolor PCS+ AX5870 X2 crossfired

Crucial 256GB Satat 3 SSD primary drive

WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata 3 Hdd secondary drive

Lots of blue leds!

Holy crap! :jaw-dropping: What OS? Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit?

EDIT: Haven't played games for quite some time now, so my games suggestion is a bit old. :whistle:

Edited by Mike C
Which C&C?

Also, have you played Battlefield?

Haven't played games for quite some time now, so my games suggestion is a bit old.

I don't even remember which titles. The first several releases.

Once Starcraft was released I became addicted and didn't play C&C again.

No, I haven't tried Battlefield. How do the single player campaigns stack up against the Call of Duty games?

Thanks for the suggestions! :cheers:

Unfortunately I still haven't found time to play much since my last post...

What OS? Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit?
I've got Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I'm hoping to manually overclock it some day but in the mean time my MSI motherboard has a neat little feature called Overclock Genie. A push of a button and it automatically went from 2.8Ghz to 3.36Ghz!

I've seen setups similar to mine that are running at close to 4Ghz!

No, I haven't tried Battlefield. How do the single player campaigns stack up against the Call of Duty games?

Thanks for the suggestions! :cheers:

I haven't played Call of Duty, so can't compare Battlefield against that. All I can say about Battlefield single player campaigns is: it's quick and dirty. Perfect for a quick game to vent. :whistle::woot.gif:

I've played both original Battlefield:1942 and Battlefield 2.

Speaking of games.... I also enjoy playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I've played both the 1st one and the sequel (KotOR II: Sith Lords). Both are quite enjoyable and personally speaking, addictive. :lol:

I've got Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I'm hoping to manually overclock it some day but in the mean time my MSI motherboard has a neat little feature called Overclock Genie. A push of a button and it automatically went from 2.8Ghz to 3.36Ghz!

I've seen setups similar to mine that are running at close to 4Ghz!

NOICE! :thumbsup: Although... I don't why you would want to overclock a 6-core processor.... :whistle: Most games are taxing graphics card waay more than CPU anyway. Unless you run multiple multi-threaded applications simultaneously, or running multiple virtual hosts using VMware or similar. :woot.gif:

EDIT: As far as OS goes, why not go with Win7 Pro? IMHO, Home Premium sucks. One of my home PCs is running Home Premium, the other Pro. Bloody regretted buying the Home Premium, to be honest.

Edited by Mike C
NOICE! :thumbsup: Although... I don't why you would want to overclock a 6-core processor.... :whistle: Most games are taxing graphics card waay more than CPU anyway.
More Power!

Home-Improvement-Tim-Taylor-300x225.jpg

Overclock the VGAs? Perhaps... :woot.gif:

As far as OS goes, why not go with Win7 Pro? IMHO, Home Premium sucks. One of my home PCs is running Home Premium, the other Pro. Bloody regretted buying the Home Premium, to be honest.
I bought the rig from Cyberpower and that is the OS it came with. (I've added the second VGA, the SSD and some other goodies)

Honestly, I'm lovin it.

I haven't had any problems with the Home Premium and haven't had any need for the extra features included in Pro. Haven't needed XP mode for any software. I do back-ups on my external drive, no problem.

What is it about Pro that you like so much better?

More Power!

Overclock the VGAs? Perhaps... :woot.gif:

:lol: well.... that's your Crossfire, ain't it? :woot.gif:

What is it about Pro that you like so much better?

Well... I'm a bit of a nerd, so... gotta go with Pro. :rofl: I work in IT, so, gotta go with Pro for more "flexibility". Occasionally, I'd have to join Active Directory domain, etc.