Internet Explorer 9 is final

IE would definitely not be one of the things I would call old faithful.

Buggy and insecure are more words that come to mind.

Worst thing MS ever did was merge the browser into the OS.

Edited by dmk0210

I was running the beta for a while but encountered too many frustrating stupid bugs so I switched back to 8 which I'm happy with.

On top of the bugs I didn't like the new 'clean' layout. Though I did like seeing more of the window.

Among other things I'm used to having my favorites button on the left not the right...

Another annoying missing feature was the missing upload status bar. I'd click on a link and have no idea if the page was loading slowly or not at all.

I'll wait until there's some feedback to see if all the bugs have been worked out.

:sunrevolves:

I was running the beta for a while but encountered too many frustrating stupid bugs so I switched back to 8 which I'm happy with.

On top of the bugs I didn't like the new 'clean' layout. Though I did like seeing more of the window.

Among other things I'm used to having my favorites button on the left not the right...

Another annoying missing feature was the missing upload status bar. I'd click on a link and have no idea if the page was loading slowly or not at all.

I'll wait until there's some feedback to see if all the bugs have been worked out.

:deadhorse1:

Adding features is fine, but I don't understand why they keep moving controls around. We upgraded to Office 2010 at work, and it drives me crazy. I am very comfortable with 2003 but I struggle to even do simple things like save or print because I have to find them.

Edited by Aaronw

STILL RUNNING 7 ON ONE PC AND IS THE BEST version.......... seems like wherever you look on eight or nine Google is turning it into Chrome.. that spawn of the devil.

Edited by TonyT

I mostly use Firefox, but I do use IE for some things. IE9 seems ok from what little I've done with it so far. It's certainly faster.

I feel the same way, but you can just right click in the title area and select the Menu Bar, and you get the old familiar menus.

I might. Like anything computer related, I'll give it time and see how others fare.

I've ran IE since the first day I brought a computer home. It's ran just fine all of these years and has never given me reason to switch to anything else. I have no loyality to it, it just works for me and if/when it gives me reason, I will go elsewhere.

Adding features is fine, but I don't understand why they keep moving controls around. We upgraded to Office 2010 at work, and it drives me crazy. I am very comfortable with 2003 but I struggle to even do simple things like save or print because I have to find them.

X2...totally agree with you.

I've STILL yet to find a problem with any of the IE's I've ever had. I'm running ver 8 on my two machines, and have never had an issue yet. I'll very likely run ver 9 when it's ready. I don't get the fuss.

I've STILL yet to find a problem with any of the IE's I've ever had. I'm running ver 8 on my two machines, and have never had an issue yet. I'll very likely run ver 9 when it's ready. I don't get the fuss.

+1

Never had a problem with it either - dunno about switching to nine just yet, as I'm completely satisfied with 8.

as for firefox - I used it for about a year and never liked it; started giving me problems towards the end so I switched back to IE.

Nobody has mentioned one important fact.

IE 9 will not run on any operating system other than Win 7.

How many of you are running that?

Norm

Still running XP here....while I'll get a Windoze 7 machine this year at least 2 computers here will stay XP machines

It's stupefying that in the year 2011 we're still talking about buggy browsers that may or may not work in Windows this or Windows that. I gotta say, I love Safari... It works.

Nobody has mentioned one important fact.

IE 9 will not run on any operating system other than Win 7.

How many of you are running that?

Norm

I've been using Windows 7 for well over a year now (on both machines), and also have yet to have one issue with it. I guess I must be a tame computer user. As in, not mucking around with a ton of questionable downloads....or wierd questionable settings. I don't know if I'm just lucky or whatever, but I don't get when folks say they "HATE windows 7 'cause it don't work"......or they hate IE 8 for whatever reason. I highly doubt it's the actual OS or the browser in many of these cases - but it's the other questionable downloads they do. That's the only thing I can think of. And that's in response to Jennings as well. I think it's nuts that folks have issues with their OS and Browers too. My MS stuff works just as well as your fruity stuff, so it's a mystery to me. :)

I've been using Windows 7 for well over a year now (on both machines), and also have yet to have one issue with it. I guess I must be a tame computer user. As in, not mucking around with a ton of questionable downloads....or wierd questionable settings. I don't know if I'm just lucky or whatever, but I don't get when folks say they "HATE windows 7 'cause it don't work"......or they hate IE 8 for whatever reason. I highly doubt it's the actual OS or the browser in many of these cases - but it's the other questionable downloads they do. That's the only thing I can think of. And that's in response to Jennings as well. I think it's nuts that folks have issues with their OS and Browers too. My MS stuff works just as well as your fruity stuff, so it's a mystery to me. :)

I have no issues with Win 7 at all. From what I have seen of it it is probably the best OS Microsoft has ever done. Despite that, there are a lot of commercial and private users that are still running older systems, especially XP. When Microsoft announced that they would not support XP any longer, the outcry was enough to change their minds. While I understand that Win 7 is a very different operating system from all the previous versions, I was surprised that IE9 only runs with Win 7.

I have used Firefox for a long time and like it. But that does not mean I would not have looked at IE9 and maybe changed back had it been available for my XP machines. I think Microsoft missed a chance to regain some business by limiting IE9.

Ive been running Windows 7 x64 for close on 2 years now, got it free from MSDN when its was released and Ive never even considered going back to XP even for a second.

I think its a rather smart move of Microsoft to limit it to Windows 7 users, after all Windows XP is comming up to its 10th birthday soon...

As software goes that is the twilight of even die hard users.

Its only tight fistedness that keeps people from changing over, that and the fact people are to scared to make the change... there so used to XP they dont want to swap!!!

As far as reasons go not to swap thats just about the worst I can think of.

I mostly use Opera as opposed to firefix because it is technically a much better and faster browser, however I do use IE x64, I stopped using IE 8 x32 because it run so slowly, however version 9 seems to run much faster, even on flash heavy pages, but then my video cards do support the hardware acceleration using by IE9, something firefix nor Opera does