not only both Italy and Germany have specially oriented Squadrons equipped with Tornado ECR and HARMs, Italian ones will be on the fron line.

Don't forget RAF GR4's with ALARM, and the French Mirage 2000D's will no doubt have some sort of similar capability.

Can EdlA F18's employ the AGM-88?

All political parties in Belgium agree to play an active role in enforcing the UN resolution. Just as well, we broken the world record 'forming a government' a few weeks crushing former title keeper Afghanistan, so our 'temporary' government can't make such decisions. Anyhooo,...

• 7 Belgian F-16 seem to be in Greece at the moment, and they could be deployed.
  • A minesweeper can also be deployed. It probably won't do much good with the no-fly zone, but seeing as, short from occupying the country, pretty much anything goes according to the resolution, it might come in handy for other tasks.

As far as I know, it will have been a long time since Belgian F-16 were active in two 'hot' regions at the same time.

I wish the half of this effort and enthusiasm were used to help japanese people,they really need entires world implication...

I.Martin

Well, I sort of agree, but the Libyan rebels have been crying for more media attention the last week, as the events in Japan pushed their struggle to the background of media attention. Both events are hugely different, but both need to be addressed in a firm manner.

Good day,

I'm new to the forum, just been in today...

As info, the Belgian parlement just agree to send 6 F-16A MLU if requested by Nato or the governing bodies directing the "operation".

The aircraft are already in Greece, so a smal jump away.

This would be a surprise news for the pilots??

I'm a retired Belgian airforce pilot so I know the way they would be brought in, but the are real professionnals and will be happy to jump in to try to help.

This will also help them to evaluate their level of training and what has to be improved.

Best regards.

Miguel.

Spain offers Moron and Rota for use in enforcing the no-fly zone.

Seven Canadian CF-188s, supported by a CC-150 and a CC-177, have landed in Scotland (or are about to). They are on their way to the area.

The Spanish are going to support the no fly zone, but they haven't announced exactly how just yet. IIRC it has to go through their parliment. So you, my friend, may well need to take your words back.

Vince

If / When they do, I will certainly retract my statement. Wasn't aware that they were considering further involvement. I based my post on a previous one that seemed to indicate that their only contribution was base access. Given that this is truly a regional issue, I would be extremely happy to have Spain actively contribute!

Regards,

John

One asset that no one has mentioned is tanker support. Operations Northern Watch and Southern Watch in Iraq after Desert Storm required many, many tanker sorties to keep the little birds airborne over bad guy country for more than a few minutes. If fighters have to fly from Spain, Italy, Greece, Egypt, etc, their loiter time will be extremely limited without air to air refueling being available. Which countries besides the US can contribute to this aspect of operations?

Darwin

Edited by yardbird78
If / When they do, I will certainly retract my statement. Wasn't aware that they were considering further involvement. I based my post on a previous one that seemed to indicate that their only contribution was base access. Given that this is truly a regional issue, I would be extremely happy to have Spain actively contribute!

Regards,

John

The fact is that base access would be quite enough. Its all about real estate.

One asset that no one has mentioned is tanker support. Operations Northern Watch and Southern Watch in Iraq after Desert Storm required many, many tanker sorties to keep the little birds airborne over bad guy country for more than a few minutes. If fighters have to fly from Spain, Italy, Greece, Egypt, etc, their loiter time will be extremely limited without air to air refueling being available. Which countries besides the US can contribute to this aspect of operations?

Darwin

Dont forget the RAF flew bombing missions from the UK to the Falklands way back in '82...that was an 8000 mile round trip!!!

I heard something on the radio today about (apologies for vagueness) a sort of arabic coalition which operates some F-15's, I didn't catch the name of the organisation, but from what I heard, it sounded like a sort of "arabian nato" deal, and I wondered if the F-15's they were referring to had specific markings for that group or if they were just aircraft from specific countries (such as Saudi Arabia) operated under the auspices of a larger "organisation"

I heard something on the radio today about (apologies for vagueness) a sort of arabic coalition which operates some F-15's, I didn't catch the name of the organisation, but from what I heard, it sounded like a sort of "arabian nato" deal, and I wondered if the F-15's they were referring to had specific markings for that group or if they were just aircraft from specific countries (such as Saudi Arabia) operated under the auspices of a larger "organisation"

I assume they were referring to the League Of Arab States, which includes Saudi Arabia, and thus her F-15s.

Regards,

Murph

Edited by Murph
I assume they were refrring to the League Of Arab States, which includes Saudi Arabia, and thus her F-15s.

Thats it. Thanks, I was just scratching my noggin for a while there.

Not that there is much in there besides stuff and fluff.

4x CF188's and 1x CC150 currently at Prestwick, Scotland on a "fuel and go" . The Canadians aren't hanging around. Another 3x CF188's 1x CP140 and 1 x CC177 in the area as well.

With regards to Col. Gadaffi, (Kadaffi, Qadaffi....Getoffme) However it's spelled, after all these years wouldn't ya think he'd promote himself to at least General by now, or is the former ruler and all his General/Admiral staff still stuck in a jail somewhere in Libya and won't consent to promote ol' whatisname. At any rate this just went from concerned to SERIOUS!!!...it looks as though he's about to learn a lesson others in the past and some the very recent past learned, ya gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em; ;you never count your country when you're sittin at the table..forget about the countin' son the dealin's on, and there are a lot of dealers, with stacked deck (Carrier type) and loaded dice I might add. Awww...he just probably forgot it's US Navy 4 - Libyan AF 0.

Edited by Angels49
With regards to Col. Gadaffi, (Kadaffi, Qadaffi....Getoffme) However it's spelled, after all these years wouldn't ya think he'd promote himself to at least General by now, or is the former ruler and all his General/Admiral staff still stuck in a jail somewhere in Libya and won't consent to promote ol' whatisname. At any rate this just went from concerned to SERIOUS!!!...it looks as though he's about to learn a lesson others in the past and some the very recent past learned, ya gotta know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em; ;you never count your country when you're sittin at the table..forget about the countin' son the dealin's on, and there are a lot of dealers, with stacked deck (Carrier type) and loaded dice I might add. Awww...he just probably forgot it's US Navy 4 - Libyan AF 0.

Will be interesting to see what his next play is and the UN. He is not as stupid as others like to make him out to be. His next play? Possibly make a safe route for civilians to leave the area in an allotted time line, then go in after the time line and get the rebels.

UN's play in-case he does this should be to make a safe haven that his forces are not allowed to cross with anything above small arms fire. Will be interesting who shows their hand first.

Good day,

I'm new to the forum, just been in today...

As info, the Belgian parlement just agree to send 6 F-16A MLU if requested by Nato or the governing bodies directing the "operation".

The aircraft are already in Greece, so a smal jump away.

This would be a surprise news for the pilots??

I'm a retired Belgian airforce pilot so I know the way they would be brought in, but the are real professionnals and will be happy to jump in to try to help.

This will also help them to evaluate their level of training and what has to be improved.

Best regards.

Miguel.

Hi Miguel, welcome on ARC.

With regards to Col. Gadaffi, (Kadaffi, Qadaffi....Getoffme) However it's spelled, after all these years wouldn't ya think he'd promote himself to at least General by now, ...

Actually, interesting thing about that. When K. took over power, the old regime was filled with generals. So he ordered there would no longer be generals in the Libyan army...

And of course, there's the alliteration, he must like that...

With regards to Col. Gadaffi, (Kadaffi, Qadaffi....Getoffme) However it's spelled, after all these years wouldn't ya think he'd promote himself to at least General by now...

It's cheaper for tax purposes.

Regards,

Murph

Well done the canadians, my ex brother in law did an exchange tour on CF-18s and loved it, he was very impressed with the set up over there. Just heard the french have said military operations over libya will begin in the next few hours.....keep your head down dafi..lol!!!