The Modern Super Hornet Guide

When is the new F-16A/B book coming out then? Thats's what I really really want :thumbsup:

I'd say around July-ish, if not sooner. It covers USAF and export A and B model Block 1, 5, 10, 15, 15 ADF, 20, and the MLU. I just love those early Vipers!

Jake

Jake, I've just ordered it, I'm in deep crap though, my wife just put me in the dog box over it, came to over USD$50 so about NZD$80 or more by the time the bank is done.

But what can I say, it looks so good and I know we won't get it here in New Zealand, we never seem to get anything and when we do, it's about 2 or 3 years after everyone else got it.

I just hope it gets here real soon, cause I'm very impatiant and in big trouble, so at least having the book will ease some of my pain.

Cheers

Jason

Edited by Bell430

How am I supposed to decide what to do with my allowance when all these all too tempting goodies are presented. Reference books, Decals, detail sets....and the great way Jake does his stuff..he ain't playing fair :worship: .

Jake

Could you please get on Facebook and explain to Carolyn that this book is a NEED, not a WANT. If you could throw something in there about your starving wife and children or something like that, it would probably help.

Thank's

Aaron

Younguns' geez..........Aaron you're using the wrong tactic...all ya gotta do is explain to her how much it's gonna cost if ya don't get it. All those hours on the computer looking for refs, all that time spent down at the LHS, all that time spent on the build trying to get it right!!!..You may not be seen at home more that 1.5 hours a day 30 min for each meal :thumbsup: .

Once again Strikeeagle801, Angels49 will disavow any knowledge of this conversation, should you not be successful in your quest.

Edited by Angels49
I'd say around July-ish, if not sooner. It covers USAF and export A and B model Block 1, 5, 10, 15, 15 ADF, 20, and the MLU. I just love those early Vipers!

Jake

As mentioned elsewhere, Jake, I can't wait to get may hands and on this book!!!

Rob

I have all of Jake's books and it's hard to believe that they just keep getting better. My Superhornet book arrived yesterday and I was blown away as usual. Definitely another home run and it is now THE hornet book to have on your desk.

Really looking forward to the other books you have lined up for the rest of this year!

-Cliff

Jake,

I have received the refund, thank you. So I am ending up paying around $10 shipping to Canada, which is an amount that I believe is fair. I have also updated my original post to reflect this.

Cheers,

Terry

So I'm guessing that the system was not fixed as of yesterday since I was charged $34 for shipping for 2 books??? No big deal if it is going to changed, just a pain for you I guess.

Thanks again, guys!! I really appreciate the support!

So I'm guessing that the system was not fixed as of yesterday........

No, sorry dude, it's not been fixed yet because I've been on the road since last Thursday. When I get home Wednesday I'll pester the software guys to see if they'll fix it.

Thanks!

Jake

I remember seeing it, Rodney. It went out Monday.

Thanks!

Thanks Jake. Book came in and looks great! I don't get to read it just yet, as I'm heading out of town for work.

Thank you for providing a much needed product on the subject.

Rodney

Great service great book!!!!

7 days from the Us of A to Australia just about as far away as you can get.

Superb and i'll be looking forward to the next one.

Maybe a Tomcat guide.... :)

I appreciate the props, but I think that has more to do with the Australian postal service than anything else. I'm always amazed at how quickly those guys work. It can sometimes take up to two weeks to get into Europe from the US.

Thanks again, guys!!

The book arrived today.

Holy crap! I can't believe I *only* paid $40 for this. It's like the DACO F-14 book, but for F-18, and bigger, with crisper pictures (TONS of cockpit pics), and printed on meatier paper stock. With this release, Jake definitely up the ante on modern military jets reference books.

With the aid of this book, that Trumpeter Super Hornet kit with its crummy details suddenly has a real chance of working itself up my to-build list.

I highly recommend this publication even if you don't ever plan on building a Super Hornet.

Terry

Edited by loftycomfort
  • 3 months later...

This book returned from the printers last week and looks great. We used a new printing company this time around, and I wish I'd made the change 8 books ago.

At any rate, as the name implies, this volume thoroughly covers the F-18E, F-18F, and the EA-18G Growler. Cockpits, weapons, avionics bays, engine bays, and every other part of the jet is covered, within limits of what the Navy wants released. As usual, I had enormous help from lots of guys, including many that frequent the various model forums, such as Joe Hegedus, Nick Kessel, Pete Fey, and the incredible sailors of VFA-213.

168 pages, 926 images of the Super Hornet, all in color. $39.95 Order directly at www.reidairpublishing.com

Thanks, guys!

Jake

Will it be available through the Boeing Gift Shop soon?