AJ37 Viggen "Attackviggen"

More resin for the Viggen :D

Two MIkes nice looking weapon pylons arrived :D

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

Now I don´t think there´s more resin out there for my Viggen...well unless Two Mikes release the flaps :D

More resin for the Viggen :D

Two MIkes nice looking weapon pylons arrived :D

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

Now I don´t think there´s more resin out there for my Viggen...well unless Two Mikes release the flaps :D

Nice pylons, in fact, Janne! Your progress on this bird is great, but as I can see, just in this moment a good sanding sesion is waiting for you... I like the way you spiced the RAT vane, friend. But your kit will end up weighing a ton with all that resin...

Hurry up with the Hornet and come bak to the Viggen as soon as possible!

Cheers!

Juan

• 4 months later...

I saw those bombs ar Art in Miniature this weekend and thought that you'd walk home with a few sets..

Too bad that they are the wrong kind for me, I need about 10-20 JDAMs for the little CAS aircraft I bought.. ;-)

I saw those bombs ar Art in Miniature this weekend and thought that you'd walk home with a few sets..

Too bad that they are the wrong kind for me, I need about 10-20 JDAMs for the little CAS aircraft I bought.. ;-)

ROFLMAO!

Why not make it into a Missile truck?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/dwcsnake/SF%20stuff/Misc/B-1R-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Better finish this one before the Tarangus Viggen arrives..! ;-)

BTW, look what I found:

http://www.saabgroup.com/Global/Documents%20and%20Images/About%20Saab/Saab%20History/Productfolders/Saab%2037%20Viggen.pdf

Pure nostalgia!

:-D

Now that´s cool!

I rememebr the days we still had an air force worth it´s name....

Too bad nobody else bought the system.....

Just got to build up some mojo.. all that sanding and filling is killing me!

Edited by Aigore
  • 5 months later...

Hi LAz,

Nope..... but I`m considering to start again when I´m done with the MiG :D/>

Would be nice to have it done before the Tarangus release.

Yep,especially that I need to have a boost to start my JA-37 build...

So, thanks in advance.

Regards,Laz

• 3 weeks later...

With the build mojo flowing I thought I´d continue on this before Tarangus releases the new one :P

Some nasty spots to tackle today ...and more to come!

I begun with filling around the resin nose and even more putty on the airintakes...

IMG_0242_zpsbda3c2b0.jpg

Then I wanted to do something else for a change and glued on the pylons, got some air between the center pylon and the fuselage :P

IMG_0244_zps791aa2a8.jpg

I really liked th Two Mike resin pylons for the wings, wish MIke would have done the fuselage pylons as well when he was at it.

IMG_0245_zpsb19533e2.jpg

Well there´s nothing to it but start making something of them :P

IMG_0247_zps843a88b2.jpg

IMG_0248_zps711e9c6d.jpg

So, trimmed and scribed and glued in place...and we´ll need some more filling I´m afraid.....seems like there´s a ton of filling for every part that gets glued on :/

IMG_0249_zps341e112a.jpg

With that done I moved on to another mojo gulping task...the wholöe rear of the fuselage needs rescribing and the trickiest bit that had me turned away for a while was this curved line aft of the enginge revers slits.

I took a thin strip of tamyia tape and made the curve, then I put on a bigger piece of tape and cut with a sharp knife along the cure of the first tape strip.

IMG_0251_zps8b0c36f2.jpg

Then I took of the tape and put it on a piece of plasticard and cut out the curve in the plastic and made me a nice little template.

IMG_0254_zps02d33c10.jpg

Using the template I then cut out dymo tape to the right shape and stuck them on both sides and scribed with my Tamyia scriber.

IMG_0258_zps640c0859.jpg

When that was done I could then scribe all the other smaller lines on the rear without problems....and this is where I´m at right now.

IMG_0261_zpsad833d45.jpg

On my to do -listI have sanding and filling at the top and then I´ll try to put some primer on....then the landing gears and the weapons....

Cheers!

This is what I call a real aircraft.Not like the modern day all grey boring F`s and SU`s.I just love viggens.Lovely work my friend.I can`t wait to see more.

Edited by dragan_mig31

Still quite a bit away from paint but a few coats of primer helps me see the trouble spots easier.

Ther are quite a few areas that needs serious work but now it seems manageable at least :P

IMG_0263_zpsd88344dc.jpg

IMG_0264_zpsf7377d9e.jpg

IMG_0265_zps6c2c4331.jpg

Seriously...the Viggen was a very very cool looking aircraft!

Cheers!

One of the nicest aircraft, and one of my favourite as well. The things you do is amazing, some time ago I made this model and I know how much work and stress it costs.

I used NeOmega and Two Mikes Resins, many details I made on my own.

Waiting for gallery ...... Regards Marek