AJ37 Viggen "Attackviggen"

Well done, Janne! looks like you will have the problem solved readily...

Good to see you working on that pointy probes. I had completely forgotten about the one on the nose and I had gone completely unnoticed about the one on the right inatake... I will have to go back to my yet finished kits and add it to them.

Good work again!

Juan

Thanks for a great and informative build. I'm also building one behind the scene while taking notes from this excellent thread. I hope mine will turn out half as good. I won't be adding that much details as this will serve as my practice piece.

pic02.jpg

This is my very first attempt at the splinter camo. I'm employing a different masking process. At first, I thought masking this thing would be quite daunting, but it's turning out to be straightforward and gratifying. I enlarged the painting guide to the correct size and cut masks from it using a Tamiya masking sheet. I then used the "holes" in the painting guide to position the masks onto the model.

pic04.jpg

pic06.jpg

pic07.jpg

So the Tarangus 37 will get a little Aigore lovin'! ;-)

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:/>

Probably a bit more than a Little :P...but that depands on how it looks, if it´s absolutely gorgeous tamyia style fit and so on I might end up building all the fighter squadrons we had if I´m crazy enough.

But if it isn´t up to snuff then I might just get one....

Hmm, the replacement decals I got were to big...the kind person who sent them sent an entire set tho..

So I stripped the numbers on the other side as well and replaced with the new, bigger digits.

IMG_0438_zpsb68ee57b.jpg

HAd some issues with getting the decals off some pieces just wouldn´t let go! I managed to rip a hole in the pain as well...

But I don´t mind, the model is saerting to get a patina of it´s own and I like it...wonder wher this will end?

While I waited for the decals I glued the bombs onto the launchers...simply a massive load out :D

IMG_0436_zps7589225e.jpg

Cheers!

Hmm, the replacement decals I got were to big...the kind person who sent them sent an entire set tho..

Do you have a color inkjet or laserjet printer? You can always print your own. Just use a paint program, such as Photoshop, to print out a version in black and white on ordinary paper until you are happy with the size, then print out a color version on decal paper.

Looking great. That massive load will look sweet on this bird. Cannot wait to see the final product. I will certainly use this thread as a reference when I move on to my Viggen.

Cheers,

Dave

Been on a visit to F7 Såtenäs with our local IPMS chapter and I took a few pictures of stuff not usually seen on the walkarounds of Viggen (none that I´ve found at least), it´s a bunch of pics so I´ll just link to wher I´ve posted them :D

It´s only detail pics of small features as antennaes and stuff but oh so important details to us suffering from AMS :P

http://ipmsgoteborg.clubdiscussion.net/t3269-lite-annorlunds-detaljbilder-pa-aj-37

Looking great. That massive load will look sweet on this bird. Cannot wait to see the final product. I will certainly use this thread as a reference when I move on to my Viggen.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanx Dave :D

Really kind of you to say that :D

Som weathering..

Well I´ve done the weathering mostly, I have some post shading left to do but this is what the washes turned out like :D

First I covered the entire model in a panelline wash...

IMG_0440_zps760dddb4.jpg

turned out like this...

IMG_0441_zps80a7c4d0.jpg

IMG_0442_zps1faa388c.jpg

then it was time for some surface streaks....

The upper side and then I wiped them in the wind direction.

IMG_0444_zps2f1ea77a.jpg

IMG_0445_zpsfc9796ea.jpg

The flanks, I wiped them in the rain direction...

IMG_0446_zps119cb923.jpg

IMG_0447_zps3d274c13.jpg

Finally some general streaks,and oil leaks and stuff.

IMG_0448_zps60828613.jpg

IMG_0449_zpsab6a1df8.jpg

And then I topped off with a flat coat....not really happy with the flat coat tho, it´s more like a layer of dust on top of the paint, I´ll prolly redo that.

IMG_0450_zps2747a919.jpg

Well folks, this was actually the last update, next it´s just final assembly and some tweeaking here and there and then it´s off to the Display case :D

Thanx everybody for all the support during this epic build!

Cheers!

Can't be too flat! ;)/>

Outstanding work!

Jorgen "Troll" Toll

:trolls:/>

Thanx Jörgen :D

Oh it´s flat alrigt just didn´t like the powdered look...looked like John Belushi had done a tap dance on it :P

Every time i see that splinter scheme, i just can't get enough of it !!!!

Really fantastic job !!

Sernak

Thanx Sernak :D

Well the Swedish splinter scheme might be the best looking mudmover scheme there was :D

I know it's just a teaser, but that is a really really cool effect on that photo. Did you put a small mirror or something behind it?

Can't wait to see the final shots!

MH

Thanx MH :D

Naw, just a lens glare inserted in PS :D