Just to prove I'm actually taking part in this group build!

I thought these would be fairly quick builds but four months later I'm finally ready to start painting. I had lots of trouble with the glazing and fuselage seams on these. Who'd have thought a Matchbox kit could give me so much trouble - it's giving my second thoughts about the Stranraer in my stash.

pair.jpg

The Series 200 will be an Air BC example (or Scare BC as the locals called them) from the early '80s. The floats were a challenge, when I attached them using the kit parts as is, the Twotter ended up with a dramatic nose down sit on the floats. Thankfully I had a second kit for extra parts and with lots of tweaking managed to get it sitting reasonably level. The ladder came from another Matchbox kit - it's the boarding ladder from their Voodoo kit.

200.jpg

The Series 300 will be a Canadian Coast Guard example that also has a B.C. connection as it was flown from Vancouver on pollution and fisheries patrols.

300.jpg

Hoping to get some painting done this week.

Cheers,

Sean

Edited by Sean Bratton

Shot a thin coat of flat white onto the pair today and there are a LOT of surface blemishes to fix. Will more than likely take a few nights this week to get them into a state where they're anywhere close to be ready to paint.

Cheers,

Sean