Chilean Hawker Hunter

Hi, I´ve bought an Academy Hunter FGA-9 in 1/48 scale, and have in the stash one set of decals from Aztec to build 3 chilean birds.....does anyone know the correct weapons load for it?, or did they carry only 4 fuel tanks under its wings?.

Best,

Juan

Edited by dagger00

Rockets and bombs (probably British type) I believe.

Hi, I´ve bought an Academy Hunter FGA-9 in 1/48 scale, and have in the stash one set of decals from Aztec to build 3 chilean birds.....does anyone know the correct wepons load for it?, or did they carry only 4 fuel tanks under their wings?.

Best,

Juan

The only photos I've seen they have only had 2 drop tanks. Also for a late period Chilean Hunter the ejection seat was upgraded, I believe to a Martin Baker MK 10 seat (could be wrong on that one check around).

Hi Juan

Well in the Museo del Aire del AFB El Bosque there is one with rockets attached (btw the kind used in the GolPe of 11 sePt 1973) but compleately different from Matra SNEB kind, allow me to check in my files for shots with ordenance but you can be sure they used Cardoen racime bombs (made in Chile) and also Shafirs Mk II

There were a complete detail in Monografia Hawker Hunter wrtitten by Nuñez Padin y Claudio Caceres Godoy I have one coy any case I´ll need your mail address you can contact me at armandogiron@yahoo.com

Best modeling

Armando

Edited by RAGATIGER