OK USPS What gives???

Hi all

Is anyone else experiencing massive delays in getting boxes sent from overseas to US addresses? I have been waiting on a box for over 4 weeks now that was sent airmail from the UK. It used to take a max of 14 days from shipment. I have experienced a 3 1/2 week delay recently on another box from the UK so there is a trend here. I know Hannants mentioned some delays by US Customs recently as well. The thing is, overseas air mail postage is spendy as it is and now it is taking as long to get goods as it would if it was shipped by boat!

:bandhead2:

I want my freaking Revell Hawks!!

Same here, havin' some problems with an order from UK.

Ordered some decals for the Bad Boy Corvette C6-R from Hiroboy at the beginning of January. Contacted them after 'bout a month of nothing, they investigated with Royal Mail, called it lost in mail and sent me a replacement about a week ago(nice fella!!!!!!!!)

Guy, then sent me tracking numbers for both packages and now I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaitin'.......patiently, of course :bandhead2:

Cheers!

Recently ordered a CD (via Ebay) from a shop in Berlin Germany; it arrived here in Iowa in only one week! (Hats off to Deutsche Post!)

USPS is aces in my book, too!

cheers

Old Blind Dog

OBD

I am in NO way bagging on the USPS here. I use it exclusively for all my Two Mikes stuff but there seems to be something going on either with USPS or customs. All I want are my Hawks!! :bandhead2:

I am experiencing the same thing with a package coming from the UK and I was expecting it (going on 3 and a half weeks now). It is a Nichimo Lotus Esprit kit I ordered off eBay and I think the electric motor (yes, it was offered at a time when Japan companies were motorizing things) put it over 1 pound. As such, it is stuck in the que like everything else awaiting X-ray. By comparison, my built Moebius Viper came back in a record 4 days. But when I packed that, it was under a pound and the person who sent it back listed my address both times as the sender and the recipient.

As I understand it, packages under 1 pound aren't getting stuck, although I am certain there are a few other factors at play as well. I'll continue to wait patiently, although this is getting a bit rediculous and if we have similar delays come the fall and Christmas shopping, there is going to be serious hell to pay.

OBD

I am in NO way bagging on the USPS here. I use it exclusively for all my Two Mikes stuff but there seems to be something going on either with USPS or customs. All I want are my Hawks!! :thumbsup:

I've found that the postal system tends to run rather like the plumbing in my house; some times smooth and easy; other times it's like there's a clog somewhere that slows everything down. I notice this with my Netflix mailings especially; when things are going well it takes one day in and one day back; but when things are more sluggish it can be two or three days either way.

I ordered an item from the UK back in October and never got it (though I did subsequently request and receive a full refund from the seller). The problem may have been (1) that the seller used the cheapest possible method for overseas shipping (heck! I would have been perfectly willing to pay extra for expedited shipping) or (2) a bottleneck in customs or (3) the parcel was quite simply lost (or perhaps stolen?) in transit.

Then too, with security issues, things take longer due to inspections at port of entry. It may be that some smaller things simply get lost in the shuffle.

Who knows?

cheers

Old Blind Dog

I was talking to someone at the Post Office recently, and they were saying that packages to the US are taking a very long time as every single one is getting x-rayed and screened both at departure from the UK and when they arrive in US Customs.

Sorry for all those in the US, but having to wait longer for your parcels is going to be the norm from now on.

Vince

So why do the delays seem to be mostly with stuff originating in the UK ???

My last 2 shipments from the UK took 4-5 weeks.

My last shipment from eastern Europe < 2 weeks

My Last shipment from Spain < 10 days.

I am waiting a shipment from Czech (yep the Eduard Mig-21)....so we'll see how long that one takes.

- Matt