2000 freightliner custom

Great job on this so far! Can't wait to see it done.

I have a question. Does this kit come with the steerable front end and if so, what kit and what scale is this? I'm working on a 1/25 scale Trumpeter American Lafrance fire truck and would like to put a steerable front in on it. I also need some engine detail parts so if I can find a kit that has a lot of what I'd need I'll buy it. This kit might just do the trick. Seems like I recall reading American Lafrance is a sister company of Freightliner so a lot of parts might be suitable.

Keep posting progress, I love it.

Bill

thanks Bill :) well this kit is an RC tamiya 1/14th scale, Its moded from a globeliner :sunrevolves: heheh

kicks butt! doesnt have an engine inside, but like I can get a CAT inside if I wanted to, and then

it has a cutout where you put the 540 motor inside, I will post more details on this for sure

so you can see how the whole mechanism works :)

thanks Bill :jaw-dropping: well this kit is an RC tamiya 1/14th scale, Its moded from a globeliner :salute: heheh

kicks butt! doesnt have an engine inside, but like I can get a CAT inside if I wanted to, and then

it has a cutout where you put the 540 motor inside, I will post more details on this for sure

so you can see how the whole mechanism works :)

oh, ok...I guess that thar wouldn't fit on my firetruck! :jaw-dropping:

Oh well, I have seen a smaller kit with steerable front end but I can't recall who made it. Thanks anyway and yes, definately keeps us up to date on this, it's awesome.

Bill

thanks Bill :thumbsup:

here is the chain rack im putting together, Still needs detailing and skinning but its taking shape :worship:

DSCN1230.jpg

DSC09760.jpg

DSC09761.jpg

DSC09762.jpg

I need to get the rack over the tranny will do do by adding height to the rack as the real one has

its got a pretty thick floor.

DSC09763.jpg

DSC09765.jpg

DSC09766.jpg

Edited by skl1cent

OMGGGGGGGGG WHAT A RACKKKK!!! WOWWWW LOL I JUST HADDD TOO!!!! LOL

sry to any ladies that may find this offensive LMAOO!!!

DSC09780.jpg

DSC09781.jpg

DSC09782.jpg

DSC09784.jpg

DSC09785.jpg

DSC09786.jpg

DSC09787.jpg

DSC09788.jpg

DSC09789.jpg

it sits a bit taller than what I really wanted it to be, but hell, I cant do anything

about the trasmission and it looks beautiful I would hate to have to cut er down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...