Italeri 1/72 C-130H Hercules.

As well as the C-130J I built, I also built a C-130H and I used the decals from the J kit to bring her up to date. Again brush painted with Humbrol paints and matt varnish to finish. Bacground pics are at Luqa airport Malta and Duxford

DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1737.jpg

DSCF1731.jpg

DSCF1729.jpg

DSCF1732.jpg

Another nice Herc build Triumph. :deadhorse1: Any more to go?

Since this is the critque part of the forum might I add that the grey 'boot' at the base of the fin is not applicable to pre C-130J Hercs. On the Js this is a De-icer boot fitted because the effects of the new 6 blade props and issues with ice build up on the fin.

Other than that is looks like a great build. What grey did you use? It looks a little light to me for a USAF bird.

:cheers:

Another nice Herc build Triumph. :) Any more to go?

Since this is the critque part of the forum might I add that the grey 'boot' at the base of the fin is not applicable to pre C-130J Hercs. On the Js this is a De-icer boot fitted because the effects of the new 6 blade props and issues with ice build up on the fin.

Other than that is looks like a great build. What grey did you use? It looks a little light to me for a USAF bird.

:cheers:

Thanks all

Yes Trojan its the wrong colour I used humbrol RAF med Grey and TBH even for the RAF Herc its to light (when I was painting I was hopeing that it would darken down a bit when dry)

Looks good to me. Some of your pictures it almost looks real. Yeah it is too light in color and Very Clean but it looks great. I'm used to seeing them that clean, i live down the road from where they are produced. They are not born dirty. Great build, been thinking about building one for my next build. Take a break from Jets for at least one build.

Looks good to me. Some of your pictures it almost looks real. Yeah it is too light in color and Very Clean but it looks great. I'm used to seeing them that clean, i live down the road from where they are produced. They are not born dirty. Great build, been thinking about building one for my next build. Take a break from Jets for at least one build.

Hi Triumph,

Nice Herc. What kit did you use as I thought all the current issue H kits were actually E models and that there is certain things that need conversion to get it to the proper H specs including the starboard sponson? If you used a conversion set where did you get it from?

Regards

Andrew :rolleyes:

Hi Triumph,

Nice Herc. What kit did you use as I thought all the current issue H kits were actually E models and that there is certain things that need conversion to get it to the proper H specs including the starboard sponson? If you used a conversion set where did you get it from?

Regards

Andrew :cheers:

Hey Andrew

First Herc kit build was this one

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/IT1255

second kit was this

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/IT0015

but then I used the USAF decals from the first kit together with the kits own ones and the same paint scheme as the first to bring it upto date No modding except to remove one of the small windows at the front which now I think has some form of sensor fitted in it. So yes the sponsons are not like the J version but when looking at pics on the web there are indeed some looking like this one without some of the new bits yet fitted.

Here they are side by side

DSCF1308.jpg

Edited by triumph

Very nice herc build there! I always love seeing built Herc kits. I am currently working on a few myself. Since we are on the critique corner, the only thing I can see is that Baltimore never flew the H model, they flew the B E and J models, and are converting to the C-27J.