M1025 Armoured Hummer, Gulf War Military Police Version

I started this kit as a bit of a trial and to add to my Middle East Conflict range of vehicles

i felt the kit went together well and achieved a good result

feel free to leave comments and or advice

085.jpg

092.jpg

091.jpg

089.jpg

088.jpg

087.jpg

please let me know what you all think

kiwifire.

I think it looks AWESOME...Love the subtle weathering in places and the paint job is NEAT..

I like the blue backpack at the rear of the vehicle..How did you make that ?

and the gun,,NICE ..How did you manage to make it look so REAL..

SUPERB , STUNNING work .

HOLMES :) :thumbsup::worship:

Hi there, Thanks forthe comments,

the weathering was done with Tamiya weathering kits, its kind of like a sand feel to it , you can get different colurs for things metal rust etc and this was applpied using a supplied sponge kinda like a makeiup sponge.

that bag on the back of the vehicle is is a stock standard kit part and i painted it with olive green with a dash of black.

the gun all i used was brushed on Gun metal paint and brown for the handles and Olive green for the Ammo tins.

you will notice in 1 photo that it is missing a headlight - damm carpet monster - need i say more.

thanks again

craig.

Now a truthful critique as opposed to the sunshine being blown up peoples rear ends that usually goes on here.

It is a descent start. It does have some issues though. The biggest is the whole body is sitting weird on the frame. There should not be a gap between the rear frame and the bottom of the rear bed. The two pins on the frame should fit in the round holes on the underside of the bed. Another is the .50 cal barrel. You have left a chunk of the sprue attachment point on the barrel. This should be filed and sanded off so it is smooth and not noticable. The exhaust pipe is on upside down as well. The open end should face down, not up. The front grill is pushed in too, it should be straight and even with the side pieces of the hood. Also, the front turn signals should be painted amber (yellow) with the small lines under them (blackout marker lights) painted black. The same for the rear lights, the main lights should be red with black lines below. You should take more care when painting around the windows. There are large build-ups of paint on the windows. Lastly, it looks as though you didn't apply a gloss coat before decaling and you didn't seal them after applying. These two steps will ensure the decals snug down and and look painted on, as opposed to looking like stickers that are peeling off.

Like I said, it is a good start. You just need to take some more time on basics and make sure you study the instructions to put the parts together correctly.

Edited by HeavyArty