• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, folks!

Every day I look forward to new photos, and you post just one?! That's not fair! :P :woot.gif:

Can't wait to see this Foxbat finished!

Cheers,

Nenad

My fault,Nenad...

I forgot to take photos during painting... :doh:

:bandhead2:

Sorry...Yufei

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys!

awesome! what colors did you use for the greys?

I used Gunze Creos Mr. Color C305 for nosecone/antenna areas and C334 for the main light grey.

Today I finished the painting and assembling of Click2detail nozzles and the whole beast is finally finished! :woot.gif:

53426728201106192327274149185676445_009.jpg

53426728201106192327274149185676445_011.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Cheers,

Yufei

Yufei,

Extremely impressive work. I received my mig-25 nozzles last week from Chris at Click2Detail they truly are beautiful. Will you be posting some more photos of the completed Mig? I'd love to see some side profile views and rear section views with the new exhaust.

Brett,

Dear Yufei,

I have just seen your work and this topic for the first time. Nice work with that MiG-25. Congratulations.

Just a few notes:

- The plexi glass on the MiG-25 was made from a special plexi and with time and exposure it goes yellow first and very opaque later. This is not a "anti sunshine coat" on the plexi.

- One must be very carefull with weathering on the MiG-25. This was a very special aircraft with a very special paint applied to it. Not only the grey but all the other paints were also heat resistant and very durable. Only if left out on the open without any protection would it start to fade away. See the MiG-25's at Hodinka in Moscow. They have been around the airfield for more than 20 years! Still there is a lot of difference in comparison to fading on any other a/c made of conventional metal and painted with conventional paints. In service the MiG-25 looked very clean! There are lots of photos of rece MiG-25's on Russian pages. It is worth looking at them.

- Someone was asking about riveting on the MiG-25. It is almost non existent on this plane. The reason is very simple, this was a welded aircraft! There are very few rivets on it and only the fasteners are visible on the different service panels. Actualy there should be some prominent weld lines on the back of the plane. Almost like on a tank or APC. Last year there was a 48'th scale Bulgarian MiG-25 at the international competition. It was well detailed, with some amazing details on it but it had thousands of rivets added to it and with lots of dark wash!!!!!! It killed the whole kit!

- I am not sure abount the MiG-25 in Iraq but the PD and PDS in most cases had the end of the brake housing in dark metal.

Hope the above info is of some use to the Foxbat builders.

Best wishes

Gabor

Thanks for your encouragements everyone, specially Gabor!

Very detailed info indeed. Are you used to be a Foxbat maintenance crew?

So what about these shots? :)

I added some chipping effect on some areas in order to get some artifice result for more varied visual effects.

Maybe not accurate enough compared with the real world though.

I just wanted to express the veteran feeling on this beast.

53426728201106272034573028877994628_004.jpg

53426728201106272034573028877994628_003.jpg

53426728201106272034573028877994628_002.jpg

53426728201106272034573028877994628_001.jpg

I noticed the nozzle petals are about 2mm too long compared with actual things.

But take it easy! I have made feed backs to Chris of Click2detail and he will improve those on the 3D data.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Yufei

Edited by haneto

Dear Yufei,

As to your question: Are you used to be a Foxbat maintenance crew? No, unfortunately not,(we did not have the MiG-25 in Hungary only the Bulgarians) but have been researching this "small" a/c for the past 30 years. Had the fortune to inspect it close up in Russia with a modelling eye. It is a shame that there is very little material published on the MiG-25's which were captured in Iraq. Someone should have done a good Walk Around on one of those planes. (Yes I know there is recce version in the US but it is not the intercepter which was a very different beast!) Mostly snapshoot of "troops at play" on the wrecks were published. Still a lot of interesting information is visible on those few photos available. The same goes for the Tu-22 wrecks. They are another interesting flying machines with little info on them.

Back to the MiG-25. Very nice work, well captured! The weathering is not overdone, so it is just right to show the details, panels. Very nice missiles! Congratulations.

Best regards

Gabor

Hi Yufei, your Mig looks great, truly a master piece :woot.gif: All of us here really appreciate your work. It is truly inspiring.

On another note i wish you could update some of the pics of your wonderful Airfix Su-27 build as we cant see them, mostly after page 6. :deadhorse1: