Your best hobby show raffle prize

Okay guys, those of you who go to shows, and buy raffle tickets which is the singular best prize you've walked away with?

I'll bet this one will be a doozie.

Mine is a FW 190 9 Dora in 1/32 scale from Hasegawa.... $70 kit paid a buck on the raffle ticket....

People actually win stuff at raffles?I've never won anything at contest raffles or the online raffles,I figured after all these years my luck would change for better but hasn't happened yet. ;) Maybe one of these days,not holding my breath though!

Well I have scored 2 biggies;

#1 It was at the last Canadian Nationals (IIRC), the cost was something like $5 for 3 tickets or an arms length for $10 or something like that. I had checked my 3 #s just before they announced the winning ticket and was standing by some guy who had 2 arms lengths. He was frantically searching his tickets for the number and I told him to relax the number was in my hand, he ignored me the first time but when I put the winning ticket in front of his face he deflated. He wasn't well liked within the club, so I did not feel too bad.

The prize - a framed, one of, colour print (side view) of the 414 Sqn Black Knight Anniversary T-Bird, done by Mr. Ron Lowry, God rest his soul.

The second was about 1 year after the 32nd Tamiya F-4C was released and that was the big prize. I had been seriously thinking about getting one, but the cost had been a factor, so was I surprised to see my number as the winner!! Woohoo! I picked up my booty and turned around from the table and some guy who had won an AMT car kit stopped me and asked if I would trade for the car????????? I looked at him and said, "I have 1.1 hour in the back seat of one of these (actually NRF-4C), what do you think?"

One show I had $10 in tickets which was 10. I won 8 of the ten. I don't remember all the kits, but I totalled up the average retail of the kits and it was about $400! Not bad for the ten bucks in tickets and the entrance fee for the show! One of the kits was the Tamiya FAMO.

Last year $40.00 of tickets and nothing. Really doesn't bother me too much (I buy the tickets to support our club) but what kind of odds was that? Not my day to try sky diving or buy lottery tickets eh?

The year before $20.00 tickets and a photo op in the Spruce Goose flight deck...and several kits.

The kids loved getting to see the flight deck of that beast.

Edited by sanmigmike

None of the LHS plastic shops do raffles.

My RC LHS gave me the monthly $50 gift certificate once

At my rc club I won all 15 raffle prises including the Cessna 182 I wanted for $80 in tickets.

Won a 26 inch TV from Walmart once.

I normally don't do raffles, but I scored an indirect win a couple of years ago. A fellow club member won the new-tool Revell AG Lancaster, but since he's a ship builder he didn't want it, and offered it to me for five bucks.

SN

Well, at the shows I have won a 1/32 scale F/A-18C. While right here on ARC I have won a 1/32 scale Tamiya Tomcat, and the latest "win" is the 1/48 Academy Su-27 plus the Neomega cockpit and some LH decals during Breadboards kit give away!!!

Not a bad haul!

Jack aka Bugfan

Only one I can really remember is this Minicraft Boeing 737-300.

A few years later a new neighbour moved in - who happened to be a pilot training on these second generation 737s.

I offered to build it for him with a white fuselage - so that I could decal it, when he secured a first office post.

A few months later he did just that, with Jet2 - silver fuselage, and no decals at the time.

Minicraft737Jet2.jpg