MiG-23MF (Trumpeter 1/32)

Hello,

This is my rendition of the Trumpeter Flogger B as a Hungarian AF which crashed in 1990 during an open day at Pàpa AB. It was a very long and very challenging build for me. I augmented the base kit with a True Details resin seat and ZactoModels pylon set. Decals from Begemot (stencils) and Linden Hill 'Brothers in Arms #1' sheet.

Sébastien

dsc02810.jpg

dsc02811.jpg

dsc02910.jpg

dsc02911.jpg

dsc02912.jpg

dsc02913.jpg

dsc02914.jpg

dsc02915.jpg

dsc02812.jpg

dsc02916.jpg

WOW!! Superbly finished piece!! Every time I look at one of these built Floggers (especially of this caliber) I have an itch to get one. Not fan of Trumpy kits, really, but I may just have to swallow it and get me this one.

Again, a really nice build, Sebastien!

Rob

Thanks all for the compliments! Actually it still needs touching up here and there, but I'm waiting for Zacto to release the dual AA-8 launchers to get back to it. As I said it was a quite difficult project, I spend 8 months on this bugger and until the very last moment (main gear assembly, breaking and losing the same antennas again and again) it was very close to flying through the window.

I'll definitely skip the ML and MLD kits, but I still plan to do a Kazakh MiG-27 when/if this version is released. Next project is in my sig, but I want to do some armor in the meantime.

Hi,

Did you rescribe and rerivet the model or not?

Yes I did and it was a veeery long task! The kit really needed a lot of sanding in places, esp. around the rear fuselage and tailfin area.

Sébastien