1/48 scale Northrop Tacite Blue Demonstrator coming along

I found another pic of it for you...

:D

20050402_paindemie.jpg

That is funny, though it is nicknamed the whale, and the guys who worked the program I was told there called whalers or something like that. I am going to be doing a model of the cruise missile called TSSAM or THe Tri-standoff surface air missile, "Killer whale" aka the flying bath tub.

Here is the progress on my 1/48 scale Tacit Blue Masters.

DSC00716.jpg

DSC00720-1.jpg

DSC00717.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

Looks good Erik!

I saw the jet at the museum in Dayton.

The actual surface finish reminded me of that 'rough surface' some kits have (I'm thinking of some of the 1/72 Dragon ones).

That would be perfect on this jet! :D

Nick

• 3 years later...

Im picking back up on this project this upcoming summer....now that I have funding and a great job tk support it.. Im also picking the ball back up with tr-3a darkstar and Have blue xst in 48th scale. Im re-organizing my workspace.

Look forward to more pictures of the whale.

Now that is about the best name I've ever heard for it, and a very good description. To me it looked like someone combined a B-29 windscreen, a cigar, shortened U-2 wings, and slammed the hangar door on the tail.

Im picking back up on this project this upcoming summer....now that I have funding and a great job tk support it.. Im also picking the ball back up with tr-3a darkstar and Have blue xst in 48th scale. Im re-organizing my workspace.

Surely you mean RQ-3 DarkStar?

Now that is about the best name I've ever heard for it, and a very good description. To me it looked like someone combined a B-29 windscreen, a cigar, shortened U-2 wings, and slammed the hangar door on the tail.

That is the name Northrop gave it, and yup, very fitting. :)

• 3 years later...
26 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Because PhotoBucket is being PhotoBucket.

Yes and therefore I really do not understand why this forum only allows to upload images up to a size that is barely a stamp. :angry:

1 hour ago, Deino said:

Yes and therefore I really do not understand why this forum only allows to upload images up to a size that is barely a stamp. :angry:

Because image hosting takes a ton of space and money. It would be better if people just switched to for example imgur. I jumped PB ship years ago.

I made images avail on here. It's a public face book page where I'm shareing photos of progress of the masters since photobucket changed. I'm just making time back for the hobby. Gotta clean up my work area this week. 

Eribuz Scale Models

https://m.facebook.com/Eribuz-Scale-Models-601240810264478/?ref=bookmarks

Edited by Eribuz87