Aftermarket Resin Companies

Was looking around and it was hit and miss with finding some things. Some things I know were made I could not find but then I would find things I never knew existed but the company was defunct as far as I knew. Thats when I got to wondering, what companies are still in business and who is not?

Paragon is out, Meteor production is done there may be more. Ones still going, Aries, Quickboost, AMS Resin, SBS Resin, True Details, Lone Star Models, Ultracast, Dmold, Legend, Cobra Company, Eduard, CMK and some others. HTH, Rob

Edited by 71roadrunner426

I personally am weary of paying out good money for cost and shipping, for resin parts that don't fit. Last instance, a 1/32nd spinner for a Bf-109. Full millimeter too small in diameter, all the way round. I have had good luck with Loon, and Ultracast. Hal Sr

Wolfpack has some pretty nice stuff. And don't forget about Shull24, he has some awesome resin!

My 2 cents

Steven L :lol:

Agreed. Bought some stuff from Shull24 earlier this year for a F-16C that I was building and was blown away by the quality of the casting. AMAZING stuff at good prices.

Don't forget Royal Resin (Awsome stuff) and Sierra Hotel Models. Haven't used Sierra Hotel stuff yet but they have stuff for the A-10 and S-3 among others. Other ones that I looked up are TwoMikes, TwoBobs and DrPepper Resin.

AMS is hands down my favorite.... Harold is the best!! I've used some really great stuff from Shull24, Royal Resin, Ultracast (excellent customer service!) Steal Beach, Brassin, Aires, Isracast has good stuff. CMK has some nice stuff and Neomega makes a nice Bae Pit. Belcher makes great stuff for Canadian subjects.

Black Box is/was hit and miss...... Cutting Edge was good. Quickboost is good for no nonsense inexpensive stuff.

But my biggest wish and hope would be that Leading Edge re-release that gem of a Challenger kit in 1/72nd.

Wow, there are so many out there and I'm going to bookmark that list Steve.

Verlinden is still around and I knew Paragon was gone unfortunately. Did anybody ever pick up their molds or masters?

Are Aries and Quickboost one in the same or some how connected?

Anyone have news on Goffy Models from the Czech Republic? Supposedly up for sale, and they aren't responding to orders or e-mails, despite an active website.

That and VLS Trakz. Been looking for their ZSU-23-4 Shilka sets.

• 3 months later...

It is interesting that Harold's own web site still refers to the MidTenn Hobbies only and has no mention of Sprue Brothers.

Why keeping it such a secret?

Sorry to burst your bubble Em but check out this AMS site

http://www.amsresin.com/

Also Mike Belcher has a couple of lines..couple of lines Belcher Bits and Battalion Bits

http://www.belcherbits.com/