MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird pre build suggestiion

Well nearly finishing a ( Current build Jeep )model and starting to think what i'm going to do next, and MH-6/AH-6 Little Bird comes to mind with some fast ropes :thumbsup:. And after some advice.

After doing a 1/35 F4 ( F4 ) just wondering how big a MH would be. How big is a 1/35 ,1/48 , 1/72?

What model make would people suggest?

What Aftermarket kits? Have seen cobra and fireball been spoken about.

Many thanks :wave:

MH-6 ia a tiny helo - in 1/48 it fits in a regular-sized persons palm. 72'nd even smaller. 35 is a good scale if you want something substantial. The kits are somewhat limited. I don't know for the braille scale as I don't build that, but a 48 is limited to Academy. They have a MH-6 boxing but beware the clear parts are tinted in yellow (which in real life are not) so you need to buy a different boxing, (MD-500 if I remember correctly) to get the transparencies.

35 - dragon - only one in the game, haven't seen any other. It's a good kit until you try to fit the canopy. :thumbsup:

I don't know of any other AM parts or conversions that would give you and up-to-date MH-6

The Dragon 1/35 kit is pretty good. Don't worry about the canopy, go slow and it will come out fine. I have built a few of them. The kit is an AH-6J Gunship from the mid '90s out of the box. If you want an MH-6J MELB troop carrier, you would need to get the Cobra Company MH-6J MELB conversion for it. CC also has SOAR decals for it in the proper OD color.

I built a MELB for mine, using the CC set.

MH-6JwithOperatorsandPilot003.jpg

MH-6JwithOperatorsandPilots001.jpg

MH-6JwithOperatorsandPilot002.jpg

Here is some more info on Littlebirds as well.

Edited by HeavyArty

I'll add my thoughts on 1/72 Italeri AH-6A. The Profiline kit is pretty good too, and I haven't seen the AZ Model one in person yet... It's tiny and hard to photograph. It's has the old OH-6A type IP so you'd have to build one in the likeness of the latter MH-6's. You have to cut out the doors on one side. Other than that and possibly the fact that the skids don't have pins or anything, it's a pretty good kit with lots of potential. I opted to build my first as an AH-6J, and my next will be an MH-6...

138.jpg

139.jpg

129.jpg

HTH,

Austin

Thanks for all the information guys, think will go with the 1/35 must admit that doing models that are smaller than my palm are too much of a pain. Love the examples of your littlebirds, definately something to emulate.

Any one know of USMC armed with m40 for troops 1/35? kit

As others have noted, the Dragon 1/35 kit builds up nice. Eduard makes a decent OH-6 PE set that can be useful and I would strongly recommend the Cobra Company SOAR decals. Otherwise, you won't have accurate markings (actually, you won't have ANY markings without those decals).

Here is my attempt at the initial C-model Littlebird:

DSCN0219.jpg

Edited by 11bee
As others have noted, the Dragon 1/35 kit builds up nice. Eduard makes a decent OH-6 PE set that can be useful and I would strongly recommend the Cobra Company SOAR decals. Otherwise, you won't have accurate markings (actually, you won't have ANY markings without those decals).

Here is my attempt at the initial C-model Littlebird:

DSCN0219.jpg

Still the Best is your AH-6C John! But I love your Hip. Your attention to detail always sets the standard. Regards, GT

Soon there will be more. Build it and they will come. :whistle:

Floyd

Hmmmmm..... I'm already trying to figure out what my next project will be after the Hip is done. I was actually pondering a later model A/MH-6. Typically, I like to see the real helo and then I get fired up and want to build it.

I'd love to see some info on what specific helos may be represented by these mythical decals, hope whoever is plugging away on them makes haste!

Ebay win Just won ebay bid so looks like have the troopers I wanted at a bargin price, not bad for for three kits. Just need the helo now and extra's but it's a start. :woot.gif:

Just ordered the OH-6A 1/35 1/35 from Eduard, also added the positive rivets to make the $20 order :P just now the LB and the cobra to sort out. :D

Edited by smee
I've got a 1/35 Dragon AH-6J Little Bird if you're looking for one. I'm in the UK too, which will help with postage.

Drop me a PM if you want to deal.

Regards,

Gerard

And now just have to sort LB with Gerard and will be nearly set not bad going. :worship:

And now just have to sort LB with Gerard and will be nearly set not bad going. :)

Well MH-6 is being posted so looking forward to this project, I have ordered some Hornet heads

hh29.jpg wanted to see how they looked compared to the kits.

Biggest problem is getting kit from Cobra wish they had paypal. :(