And if Raffi Torres did an intentional hit on Brent Seabrook tonight in Chicago...then I'm the Easter Bunny... That was shoulder to high-shoulder. I think Seabrook should get an Academy Award.

No, you are a gomer homer. That was a clear cut intent to injure hit and he should have been suspended. Everyone on CBC agrees, the ex-NHL supervisor of officials agrees, and just about everyone outside Homerville Vancouver agrees. He was a goon on the ice last night and I am happy to see he has provided the inspiration to the Hawks to defeat the hapless Canucks in the past two games.

Yeah, Seabrook is out because he is acting.

You must be a rarity. I just popped by the 'nuks forum pages for a quick read. Holy crap-sandwiches!!! They're imploding once again!! And a lot of "BOOS" heard in that 3rd period. And no, it wasn't "LUUU"....cuz he was sitting on the bench.

Go HAWKS!!

He isn't a rarity, they are all one and the same. Weren't they booing their team in the first period and cheered Lou off the ice?

Vancouver should be happy they lost, if they won the fans would have trashed their city.

Go Hawks!

Edited by Scooby

No, you are a gomer homer. That was a clear cut intent to injure hit and he should have been suspended. Everyone on CBC agrees, the ex-NHL supervisor of officials agrees, and just about everyone outside Homerville Vancouver agrees. He was a goon on the ice last night and I am happy to see he has provided the inspiration to the Hawks to defeat the hapless Canucks in the past two games.

Yeah, Seabrook is out because he is acting.

Yeah, and you're a cranky Oilers fan. Scooby, Do what I told you and go BLOW. Oh, I'm sorry, you're "Devoid of any SOCIAL life". But hey, it's Spring...and maybe you can go count daisies in the field and trip over prairie rattlesnakes. I thought Alvis told you (and me) to knock off the snarkin' off at each other. Evidently you were deaf. Does he have to tell you again or do you need to visually see my "middle finger"?

Edited by The_Animal

You must be a rarity. I just popped by the 'nuks forum pages for a quick read. Holy crap-sandwiches!!! They're imploding once again!! And a lot of "BOOS" heard in that 3rd period. And no, it wasn't "LUUU"....cuz he was sitting on the bench.

Go HAWKS!!

Tilt. I've been watching the Canucks for quite a long time, even from the time I was residing in Edmonton. The one thing I've learned is that the Canucks win or lose on their own merits. And the one thing that they have lacked in any of the years except for 82 and 94...was that will to win. Yet in those two runs they were lucky to even get in. The combination of luck and momentum doesn't last if it isn't coupled with skill. That's what didn't make them *chokers* in those two runs. They were lucky to get in and they knew it. Even if you don't like the Canucks, you have to give Trevor Linden full credit. He kept the game close in Game 7 in the NYR-VAN Cup final. He and Kirk McLean were the only ones who acted like they cared in Game 7. The rest acted defeated after the two quick Ranger goals. This team is skilled...but they lack heart and soul and they're mentally fragile...and I'm not making excuses. It's the cold, hard, honest truth. If they don't toughen up and find out what they need to do to overcome adversity, they won't succeed. And that's a given. That's true with any team.

Chicago came out hard...and reminded me of the championship team of an year ago. They ratcheted up the intensity to the point where the Canucks couldn't match. And no one can tell me that the Canucks aren't skilled enough. They're skilled enough but mentally soft and they got put in their places in Game 4...and got majorly schooled in Game 5. Canuck fans may not have liked it but Toews had a point. Vancouver throughout the regular season never did well against the teams that they now face in the playoffs. They split the regular season with Chicago. They were schooled by Nashville most of the time. And the Ducks usually ended up having their number.

I may be a die-hard Canucks fan, but I don't believe in NOT criticizing my team when they screw up. I believe they will win a Cup one of these days. It's when they figure out the formula is not some combination of luck...but hard work, intensity of purpose and a will to win. Maybe they'll find it this year; maybe they won't. Who knows, but I'll cheer on my team while they figure it out.

Edited by The_Animal

Tilt. I've been watching the Canucks for quite a long time, even from the time I was residing in Edmonton. The one thing I've learned is that the Canucks win or lose on their own merits. And the one thing that they have lacked in any of the years except for 82 and 94...was that will to win. Yet in those two runs they were lucky to even get in. The combination of luck and momentum doesn't last if it isn't coupled with skill. That's what didn't make them *chokers* in those two runs. They were lucky to get in and they knew it. Even if you don't like the Canucks, you have to give Trevor Linden full credit. He kept the game close in Game 7 in the NYR-VAN Cup final. He and Kirk McLean were the only ones who acted like they cared in Game 7. The rest acted defeated after the two quick Ranger goals. This team is skilled...but they lack heart and soul and they're mentally fragile...and I'm not making excuses. It's the cold, hard, honest truth. If they don't toughen up and find out what they need to do to overcome adversity, they won't succeed. And that's a given. That's true with any team.

Chicago came out hard...and reminded me of the championship team of an year ago. They ratcheted up the intensity to the point where the Canucks couldn't match. And no one can tell me that the Canucks aren't skilled enough. They're skilled enough but mentally soft and they got put in their places in Game 4...and got majorly schooled in Game 5. Canuck fans may not have liked it but Toews had a point. Vancouver throughout the regular season never did well against the teams that they now face in the playoffs. They split the regular season with Chicago. They were schooled by Nashville most of the time. And the Ducks usually ended up having their number.

I may be a die-hard Canucks fan, but I don't believe in NOT criticizing my team when they screw up. I believe they will win a Cup one of these days. It's when they figure out the formula is not some combination of luck...but hard work, intensity of purpose and a will to win. Maybe they'll find it this year; maybe they won't. Who knows, but I'll cheer on my team while they figure it out.

Hey I hear ya man. And I'm not intensionally busting your chops. Like I said before, I actually don't have that much of a 'hate-on' for the team really (accept for Torres). But I just can't get past the majority of the fans. You have to understand my view. I am a die-hard Oiler fan. From the moment they entered the NHL, to the last two '30th place finishing' seasons. Never once have I waivered from that love for the team. I'll cheer for them win or lose. Yes I will offer my opinion on what I think they can do to get better, and have been critical of some of their choices. But never in a million years would I implode on my team.....or actually boo them. The topic of booing your own team came up on the Oilers forums once this year. A few said they would, but the majority (self included) said "NO WAY!!" I simply could not call myself a true fan of my team, and turn around and boo them. So when I see a team like the Canucks, that has performed some of the most amazing hockey this season, have their fans boo them.....and display such a malcontent towards the team - it's just shocking. I cannot relate to them in any way-shape-or form.

So that's my thing.

Can't wait until next year, or possibly the year after, when my team becomes a contender. Slow, positive progress in this rebuild. :)

Can't wait until next year, or possibly the year after, when my team becomes a contender. Slow, positive progress in this rebuild. :)

Well, the Oilers are doing the right things, rebuilding with high draft picks...and maybe that's where we're going wrong with the Canucks. Maybe we do need a high-draft pick to pick up a star player. The only problem is with the high-salary base, the problem will be to keep him after he reaches free agency.

You guys have a good solid core with 2010 draftee Taylor Hall and 2008 1st round pick Jordan Eberle, both of who are playing now for the team. Taylor Hall was a surprise to make the team in his first year, but he's exceedingly good and has a good career ahead of him. Be interesting to see what happens next year.

Yeah, and you're a cranky Oilers fan. Scooby, Do what I told you and go BLOW. Oh, I'm sorry, you're "Devoid of any SOCIAL life". But hey, it's Spring...and maybe you can go count daisies in the field and trip over prairie rattlesnakes. I thought Alvis told you (and me) to knock off the snarkin' off at each other. Evidently you were deaf. Does he have to tell you again or do you need to visually see my "middle finger"?

I am a happy Oiler fan. I am not frustrated at anything. And Alvin didn't contact me about anything. But your reply is over the top again.

Go Hawks, that is my only response.

I am a happy Oiler fan. I am not frustrated at anything. And Alvin didn't contact me about anything. But your reply is over the top again.

Go Hawks, that is my only response.

Read: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=229308&view=findpost&p=2188360

I'm done talking to you.

At least Tilt and I can carry on a conversation. Don't bother replying...you're just gonna be talking to yourself.

Read: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=229308&view=findpost&p=2188360

I'm done talking to you.

At least Tilt and I can carry on a conversation. Don't bother replying...you're just gonna be talking to yourself.

Hey Animal,

You might be taking this playoffs too seriously. That's good you're a faithful Canucks fan - you do see the games live and not on tv? Fan base support is the reason why a ciy keeps their NHL teams - Phoenix can't even give away tickets. You need to get back to reality and realise the Canuck's is going to lose to the Blackhawks in seven games. Game 6 and 7 you'll probably see the samething again, Luongo will be chased out of the net and the Sedins will be knocked around like rag dolls. The first three games in the series showed that the Canucks were still playing like it was the regular season and were lucky the Blackhawks were a little exhausted just trying to make the playoffs - even though they shouldn't have as per Ty Conklin and the Blues. Right now the Blackhawks are serious about the playoffs and they never lost focus when down 3 games. After that 5-0 b_tch slapping the Canucks got in game 5, Luongo and the Sedins say the right things but when you look at their face and in their eyes, you'll see that they have given up because the Blackhawks have gotten in their heads again. You and other Canucks fans can take solace in the fact that the Canucks are the 2010/2011 President's cup champions and are first overall in the regular season but everyone will remember who won the 2010/2011 Stanley Cup. Sorry for the reality check Animal but enjoy the rest of the playoffs. :wave:

Hey Animal,

You might be taking this playoffs too seriously. That's good you're a faithful Canucks fan - you do see the games live and not on tv? Fan base support is the reason why a ciy keeps their NHL teams - Phoenix can't even give away tickets. You need to get back to reality and realise the Canuck's is going to lose to the Blackhawks in seven games. Game 6 and 7 you'll probably see the samething again, Luongo will be chased out of the net and the Sedins will be knocked around like rag dolls. The first three games in the series showed that the Canucks were still playing like it was the regular season and were lucky the Blackhawks were a little exhausted just trying to make the playoffs - even though they shouldn't have as per Ty Conklin and the Blues. Right now the Blackhawks are serious about the playoffs and they never lost focus when down 3 games. After that 5-0 b_tch slapping the Canucks got in game 5, Luongo and the Sedins say the right things but when you look at their face and in their eyes, you'll see that they have given up because the Blackhawks have gotten in their heads again. You and other Canucks fans can take solace in the fact that the Canucks are the 2010/2011 President's cup champions and are first overall in the regular season but everyone will remember who won the 2010/2011 Stanley Cup. Sorry for the reality check Animal but enjoy the rest of the playoffs. :wave:

aerofan, I'm not a "Canucks fan with blinders on".

See here: http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=229308&view=findpost&p=2192036

I'm pretty well aware that the Canucks may end up getting eliminated if they can't exceed the intensity that the Hawks have found in stepping up their game. That's not news to me. The Canucks looked completely lost out there. Maybe they might find themselves again before Game 6, but that's highly doubtful unless they really give their heads a shake. But, still, I'm going to have hope until the final buzzer but unlike some of my fellow Canuck fans, I can look at things with an objective viewpoint.

Edited by The_Animal

So anyways.....

I gotta say, this Habs / Bruins game is pretty intense. I'm not really a fan of either team, so I'm happily just enjoying the crazy end-to-end action this game is providing. Some great hockey going on this playoffs.

Preds need to get a win tonight to move into next round of playoffs, a place they have never been before. They play at home, hope they beat the skates off the Ducks. GO PREDS!!!. Don M.

Nashville-Predators-Skyline-And-Logo-1-9EN8AKHVZT-1024x768.jpg

I'm done talking to you.

The only reason you are frustrated with me is I haven't lowered myself with the same type of replies you have. I have kept it clean.

Go Hawks!

And the Kings live to play another day...

Wow, what a game by Quick last night. Talk about standing on your head! As a matter of fact, I think he DID actually make a save while standing on his head! Kings showed some character taking it to Sharks last night and not relenting under their barrage. I'd like to think the Sharks are starting to grip their sticks a little tighter...

Hey Don, good luck to the Preds tonight. I'd like to see 'em take it to the Ducks.

Tilt, I agree that that Habs/B's game was a wild one. Nothing against the Habs (despite eliminating my Kings in their only trip to the finals), but the B's are my East Coast team.

Speaking of the East...Go Sabres!

-O

Phil,

I was at the game yesterday sat up in the nose bleed seats. GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Caps! They put away the Rangers in 5.

Now they get to rest up for the next series.

Phil

It's been a great series. If Philly had a goalie that can stop a puck in the first period I think we would have wrapped this up by now.Maybe Miller will become a Flyerjaw-dropping.gif It's on to game Seven, good luck B-17guy, may the best team win.

Edited by 71roadrunner426

That was a majorly crazy game!! I don't think that Hollywood could've even scripted a game layout like that. I felt REALLY bad for Schnieder getting injured. That dude looked like he really wrenched himself. I never like to see any player get hurt. And for the record, the 'nuks were ALL over the Hawks in that OT. But it's the Team that scores that counts. The play from both Teams was very impressive though. The 'nuks were pouring everything they had into it, and the Hawks were standing on their heads to keep the puck out of their net.

Once again, NHL playoff fans are the winners in this one. Hockey drama at its finest!!

Game 7 is going to be nuts.