You guys in Vancouver stay safe.

I had to work but taped it.

I live New Mexico so I had no worries on some telling me the score.

Happy for the Bruins but it was a good Cup final.

I think Kesler came to play that is for sure and he sould be the Captain.

Man he came to play today.

Got word that my sister and cousins are safely out of the core, so I'm very relieved to hear that.

Bloody morons.

Are you serious? If Boston fans went crazy every time we lost a key game, there would be nothing left of this place. What a bunch of a-holes. Sorry for the good folks in Vancouver, nothing is worth pulling crap like that, especially a silly hockey game.

Are you serious? If Boston fans went crazy every time we lost a key game, there would be nothing left of this place. What a bunch of a-holes. Sorry for the good folks in Vancouver, nothing is worth pulling crap like that, especially a silly hockey game.

There's true fans that are trying to organize a cleanup of all the crap that went down. But nothing's going to replace the life of one of those fans who fell off a pedestrian bridge at Roger's Arena

http://www.theprovince.com/life/Bridges+buses+into+downtown+Vancouver+shut+down+violence+continues/4953623/story.html

Friggin' rioting a-holes.

I was downtown and I made it home alive. I have a story to tell to my children and their children. Oh well :(

Hey, was the Canada Line to Richmond working? Heard there was a lockdown on ingressing and egressing the city It just seemed like a friggin' wall of flame out there (from what I could see on the news).

THANK GOD...I LIVE IN SURREY.

Edited by The_Animal

Congrats to the B's! I was very happy to see Mark Recchi be able to raise the Cup for a third time. I'll always remember him as #8 "the wreckin' ball" when he won his first Cup with Pittsburgh.

Great season from both SCF teams!

JasonW, You're too kind with your words. I have never seen a team not wanting the cup in game 7 more than the 2010/2011 Vancouver Canucks. As I had predicted, the Bruins has more intensity in their play and it showed tonight - the shots on goal didn't but on the ice they did.

Animal, Next time bite your lip before you trash other teams / fans during the regular season and playoffs because this time Karma came right back at you. Better luck next time - the Canucks are now offically in rebuild mode.

I hope there are cool heads in downtown Vancouver and no repeat of 1994.

I don't think it was too overly kind, but more my actual thoughts. The series really could have gone the other way very easily. Those games the Canucks won were played very well by the Canucks and Luongo for all his faults in the losses had two shutouts in the three games they won and played very well in those games.

It could have easily been the Canucks hoisting the cup last night. I'm glad it's not, but it very easily could have been.

Mark Recchi announced his retirement. I for one am very sorry to see him go, but glad he retired as a Bruin having won the cup this year and ended a 39 year cup drought in Boston. I've been a fan of Recchi's since his days in Pittsburgh, he will be a first ballot hall of famer.

I think the most important thing here is the safety of the folks in Vancouver. Hopefully the worst of it is now over. Sometimes I just shake my head when I hear of things like that happening. Rioting over the results of a sports contest? It's ridiculous and I hope the Vancouver police lock up as many of the mornons responsible as possible.

I don't think it was too overly kind, but more my actual thoughts. The series really could have gone the other way very easily. Those games the Canucks won were played very well by the Canucks and Luongo for all his faults in the losses had two shutouts in the three games they won and played very well in those games.

It could have easily been the Canucks hoisting the cup last night. I'm glad it's not, but it very easily could have been.

Mark Recchi announced his retirement. I for one am very sorry to see him go, but glad he retired as a Bruin having won the cup this year and ended a 39 year cup drought in Boston. I've been a fan of Recchi's since his days in Pittsburgh, he will be a first ballot hall of famer.

I think the most important thing here is the safety of the folks in Vancouver. Hopefully the worst of it is now over. Sometimes I just shake my head when I hear of things like that happening. Rioting over the results of a sports contest? It's ridiculous and I hope the Vancouver police lock up as many of the mornons responsible as possible.

I personally don't think that Vancouver is going to be in "rebuild mode" more of a retooling mode, as they need just a few more pieces to take another deep run in the playoffs.

Again as I've stated before I'm glad to see Mark going out on top. He was one of the class players in the League.

I personally don't think it was fans. But hooligans masquerading as fans looking for any excuse. Whether the Bruins or the Canucks won they would have found some way to cause havoc. It's disgusting. Just as those hooligans who punched and kicked Bruins fans who were caught in the middle of that riot. Those actions were inexcusable and despicable. Regardless of how Canadians view hockey as practically a "religion", there is no excuse for behavior of that sort. VPD has put in a request that all tape of the so-called "fans" rioting in downtown Vancouver be sent into them and if anyone can identify any of the culprits, that information be supplied as well. Ad far as I know, there is a Facebook site which is asking for identification of any of those individuals (in the posted photos on the site) so that they can turn the information and proof into the police. Surrey RCMP were also seconded to the scene (Downtown Vancouver) to quell rioters as well as to augment the VPD force going in. This is another black mark on Vancouver's reputation. Absolutely disgusting.

Congratulations to the Bruins!

I'm very happy Game 7 was played the way it was - very few cheap shots on either side, and above all it was won by the team that wanted it most. I can never really like the Bruins, but I do take off my hat to their success.

And the riot - looks like another example of hooligans like the ones in Montreal after major events. There is an element that rubs their hands gleefully together at an opportunity like this to cause damage and violence - in many cities and circumstances around the world. Sadly, they hide amongst the real fans and by the time they show their cards, cars are overturned and set on fire, windows are smashed... and wait until they start whining about 'police brutality' or how their 'rights' were curtailed.

Luckily, the riot wasn't as bad as it could have been. Still shameful and unacceptable though. On Canada AM this morning, they had someone on who wrote a report on the '94 riot - and he was shaking his head (as I was) about how some of his key recommendations were not followed, leading to the troubles last night.

ALF

Animal is correct sounds like they were not fans but people looking for a "party".

The story Animal posted a link to said a book store window was broken but no went in shows you the IQ of these people.

stealthy1 glad you made it home safe.

Rick

Congrats to the Bruins and Tim Thomas.

I'm disappointed with the Canucks loss, but I'm so angry with the rioters. What a way to ruin what was otherwise a great run at the cup. Didn't we learn anything from 1994? As Animal said, it's yet another black mark on Vancouver's reputation.

Anyway, here is a Facebook page set up to ID some of the idiot rioters

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vancouver-Riot-Pics-Post-Your-Photos/121837081234162?sk=photos

And if you're in downtown, you could help with clean up.

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=219286898091948

And the riot - looks like another example of hooligans like the ones in Montreal after major events. There is an element that rubs their hands gleefully together at an opportunity like this to cause damage and violence - in many cities and circumstances around the world. Sadly, they hide amongst the real fans and by the time they show their cards, cars are overturned and set on fire, windows are smashed... and wait until they start whining about 'police brutality' or how their 'rights' were curtailed.

Someone said somthing last night, that really stuck with me. "It's a good thing Canada doesn't get invaded by any Forces looking to shuffle us out of the way.........we're so stupid, we'd just stand there with our cell phones taking videos and pictures!!!"

I think the fans share responsibility for the riots.

I have no doubt there was a minority of people in the crowds in Vancouver that were there to simply cause trouble.

But.....there was an awful lot of fans standing around watching the mayhem....which had the effect of encouraging the vandals in the crowd.....causing a pack mentality....which is easy for young people to get carried away if they have booze in their system.

If ALL of the non-destructive fans had left the area immediately....then the police could have moved in and delt with the small number of trouble makers and vandals. But there were fans milling about 2 1/2 hours after the game ended......it doesn't take that long to walk out of the area.

I saw one female fan with her guy and kid 2 1/2 hours after the game ended complaining about being pepper sprayed by a tear gas canister that was loaded with pepper spray. Good grief..... 2 1/2 hours after the game ended and they were still in the area.....with their kid? This isn't rocket science......Canuck fans like that contributed to this mess and left the police feeling quite outnumbered and unable to act due to the risk to themselves and bystanders. If the fans insisted on sticking around, then they should have formed a line and protected the businesses. This did happen to a small degree but not enough to be effective.

Sorry guys but the Canucks fans really did not step up to the plate......which reflects VERY poorly on all Canuck fans.

Remember this woman......too bad Canuck fans don't have her moral standards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp28Jgn-8e8

Hey, was the Canada Line to Richmond working? Heard there was a lockdown on ingressing and egressing the city It just seemed like a friggin' wall of flame out there (from what I could see on the news).

THANK GOD...I LIVE IN SURREY.

It was working, yes. I used it to get home myself. However, ALL transit towards downtown was stopped.

I heard on the news that most families with children left after the second period because that's when rumblings already started. I wish it didn't happen but to tell you the truth I wasn't surprised - it was my gut feeling that saved me from venturing into the downtown area. Seeing over 100,000 people on tv and lack of police officers, I realized that if the Canucks lose the VPD would be overwhelmed. Unfortunately they did. A news reporter reported telling nearby officers about fights just feets away, they could only tell her about more fights yards away and that they were waiting for backup.

I was suprised about how the local media and the mayor were so naive that 1994 wouldn't repeat itself. The Olympics is very much different because the crowd is largely made up of foreigners and security was more beefed up by the RCMP. If Canada had lost to the US in the men's hockey final, I don't think the rioting we seen last night would have occurred.

I could hear sirens blaring late into the night. I believe it was other suburban police forces coming in to aid the VPD. This is definitely worse than 1994. St. Paul's hospital in downtown Vancouver closed as they were overwhelmed with casualties that included a number of stabbings. Vancouver General was in code orange. There was mention about a fan who either jumped off or was thrown off the Georgia viaduct. A person at the main post office told a reporter that she asked a hooligan on top of an over turned truck what he was doing. The hoodlum replied that his friend brought the truck so it can be torched if the Canucks lose - I find this hard to believe as it was a fairly late model. I feel sorry for those stuck in the nearby Queen Elizabeth theater attending the show "Wicked". I'm sure that some of them had their cars burned in the parking lot. One restauranter viewing the game pleaded with rioters to stop trashing his establishment but the crowd got more unruly and he left fearing his family's lives. The last count I had was two police cars burned, one flipped, 3 to 4 civilian cars burned, countless store windows broken, numerous looting and casualties I don't have a number.

Another black day for hockey in Vancouver. It's sad that the rest of the country and the world is blasting the city for a few bad apples. If this is your reason for hating the Canucks, you need to have a good look at yourself because real Vancouver sports fans aren't like that. It's just thugs like in any other city in the world, including yours, that caused this anarchic spectacle which sadly the nation and world had to see. :crying2:

Edited by aerofan

My wife was watching on the news and there's police cars burning. ~bleeping~ idiots. Stupid losers masquerading as "fans" when they're just a bunch of hoodlums looking to start a riot. Thank God we didn't decide to go downtown or we'd be stuck trying to flee to the Skytrain...4 kids and wife; try having to protect them. I feel sorry for the true fans who went downtown to watch the game. Praying for the safety of those who are just trying to get home.

Hey Animal,

Peace brother, sorry I couldn't bring myself to cheer for your team. I honestly tried to in the last round but I just couldn't do it. I have cheered for the Canucks in the past but there is something about the current chemistry I do not like, you don't have a trevor Linden. As well, some of the visiting fans who attend Vancouver games in Edmonton get out of hand at games. Often they are lead away in cuffs. I never thought I'd ever say this, but Flames fans look like Angels compared to what we see during Vancouver games in Edmonton.

I was shocked at what I saw on the internet today, the clowns who took part in riots should all be tracked down and locked away. Sadly I know what it will turn up in a week, someone will have tape of just a short moment in time and police brutality charges will be laid on the cops or something stupid like that. We authorize police to use force but we chastise them when we see a short blurb of them using it. We make a judegment on one shap shot in time and forget their is an entire roll of film.

That Facebook page posted above is amazing. It is going to be a great tool for the police to identify the thugs.

I already see one person who has been identified, a lot of people knew who she was and there is video and still images of her starting the fire on one of the police cars. The parents of Alicia Price must be proud. Many of the images are crystal clear.

Man, I turned the tube off last night after the Cup ceremonies ended and read about small scuffles breaking out around the arena... I never thought it'd turn into a full blown, war-scene riot. I hope everyone in Vancouver is safe, especially those stabbing victims. I can't believe this happened after a loss -- yes, most of the anarchists aren't even hockey fans, but many people in blue and white jerseys participated in the rioting and looting. I guess they jumped on the rioting bandwagon just as easily as they jumped onto the Vancouver hockey bandwagon because it's evident they aren't true fans of hockey (or any sport, for that matter). I'm glad to see that fans are joining together to help clean up the streets though, it honestly looked like footage from Libya or something. I hope that Facebook identifying page turns up a lot of arrests so people can be held accountable.

JasonW and other Boston fans. Your guys came out to play tonight. Congratulations on a solid 4-0 win by your Boston Team to take the Stanley Cup.

Like I said. When the series is on...all bets are off. And in Canada it's trash-talk and hatred all the way...but I'll tell you this much. Your Bruins deserved to take this one. Despite everything in the series. Game 3,4, 6 and 7 showed the true mettle of the Boston team. I'm not gonna talk about skewed calls, that's in the past...HISTORY. Game 7 was cleanly played, and your guys brought their game...into Rogers Arena and won it fairly and squarely. AND THAT...I can live with. Not the cheapshots, not the diving not the other bull**** that was in the other games. Game 7 was decided fairly and SQUARELY. So thank you at least for that. The Canucks didn't show up mentally ready to play and they got owned for it.

Just in case any of the members here who want to yap want to lip off. The rioters aren't Canuck fans, they're losers who wear the jersey but are in actual fact hooligans who should be stuck in the crowbar hotel for a spell. Maybe a stint as jailbait may smarten those @$$holes up.

Congrats to the Boston Bruins, Stanley Cup Champions 2011.

And above all...GET WELL...HORTON. 100%

You know Animal, I'm on board with you on this. A lot of stuff went down the last couple of weeks and like you said, when the series is on all bets are off. I guess to a certain extent I got a bit miffed from some of your posts in this thread, not just for this series but for all of them. But as you said in regards to the skewed calls etc, it's history. I guess next year I'll know to take some of your posts with a grain of salt. Truth be told, in my jersey collection there is also a Vancouver jersey (Todd Bertuzzi - yeah, I know a goon....). The jersey was banished to the basement for the entire run of the final because I'm a superstitious former hockey player. For game 7 I busted out my Bobby Orr jersey, also on a superstitious whim as it is the only Bruins jersey I have for a player who actually won the Stanley Cup (at least prior to last night).

It was nice to get to see Lucic hoist the cup in his hometown, I'm sure it meant a lot to him and his family.

And to match your comment on Horton, GET WELL MASON RAYMOND.

Hey Animal,

Peace brother, sorry I couldn't bring myself to cheer for your team. I honestly tried to in the last round but I just couldn't do it. I have cheered for the Canucks in the past but there is something about the current chemistry I do not like, you don't have a trevor Linden. As well, some of the visiting fans who attend Vancouver games in Edmonton get out of hand at games. Often they are lead away in cuffs. I never thought I'd ever say this, but Flames fans look like Angels compared to what we see during Vancouver games in Edmonton.

Peace Scooby. ~extends hands in brotherhood~ Yes, I do tend to get over-the-top. I am a passionate Canucks fan. But I also certainly hope that your Oilers get back to the greatness that they used to have. There was something of a magic when Gretzky, Messier et al were there and 4 Stanley Cups during that period and 1 with Messier alone...proved it. I guess it hurts...~ouch~ especially that your team is 2 years younger (in joining the NHL yet has that record of greatness). ~peace...my friend~

I miss Trevor, but I know he's happier doing his real estate now. He's working on setting up some gyms (his #16 Gym). I've actually had the pleasure of meeting him outside of the arena (actually at a Safeway on Broadway where I ran into him when he was buying groceries, as was I. He was a very down-to-earth, classy fellow and still is. I believe Cristina is much happier that he is now off the ice permanently.

That Facebook page posted above is amazing. It is going to be a great tool for the police to identify the thugs.

I already see one person who has been identified, a lot of people knew who she was and there is video and still images of her starting the fire on one of the police cars. The parents of Alicia Price must be proud. Many of the images are crystal clear.

Actually we've just recieved word from the VPD. There's been 88 arrests and more still to come as more of the perpetrators are identified. I agree that they need to be locked up. There's no call for that type of behavior and it gives all of us Canuck fans a black eye.