:thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

OH.god...Not you too, Holmes...My best ARC buddy...a Hawks fan??? Can it be????

raffitorres.jpg

At United Center: boys, it's gonna be "flashing lights and cuckoo clock birdies" flying around Kane and Keith's heads cuz RAFFI's comin' back, boys. And he ain't too happy with y'all...

"RAFFI'S GONNA STAPLE SOMEBODY!!!!!!" ~evil psychotic grin~ MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by The_Animal
Uh...hey prowler, you spelled it wrong. Kings is spelled with a K, not a W.

:)

Hey FlyingLow, good luck to your Sharks. LA will miss Anze's scoring, but hopefully our defense and goaltending will keep San Jose's snipers off the score sheet.

Silly oortiz....There's no "K" in Redwings :D

Verrrrrrry quiet in Boston this morning... :D

2 - 0 Canadiens!!!!!

A well-deserved win, solid effort. This series is starting out well.

ALF

As much as I hate the Habs. ALF... I appreciate a well played game. Good win... Les Canadiens. Bien Joue.

'Nucks - Hawks series - 'Nucks up 2-0 going into United Center...everyone was sayin'?

Game done, sealed and WON. 4-3. Good show from Ben Smith...good game...kid. If your team-mates had contributed...you guys might have won.

'Nucks - Hawks series - 'Nucks up 2-0 going into United Center...everyone was sayin'?

Game done, sealed and WON. 4-3. Good show from Ben Smith...good game...kid. If your team-mates had contributed...you guys might have won.

YES The better team won...I watched it and it was intense BUT hey you deserved the win{This time!... :cheers: }

HOLMES :cheers:

What he said!!

My team is nowhere's close to the playoffs yet. But if there's any kind of mercy in this world, the 'nuks will hopefully be out quickly again. I don't think people realize something about living here in Western Canada. If the 'nuks actually win the cup, there'll simply be no living within 3000 kms of Vancouver. The team as a whole isn't too distasteful really.....it's the 'nuk fans that are absolutley insufferable. They're just terrible. They cheer their team on like they're the center of the universe, and as soon as the team faulters.....those same fans turn completely into Mr. Hyde....and they implode!!

You should have seen their team discussion forums go completely insane after my Oilers beat them 2 games in a row at the end of the season. You'd honestly think that the team deserved to be burnt at the stake by the fans. It was so awesome!!

So yeah, I'll take pretty much anyone....as long as it's not the 'nuks!!

(and if you think I'm being un-patriotic......there's 17 Canadians in the Hawks line-up....and 14 in the 'nuks line-up) :P

You should see how Canucks fans behave at Oilers games. Canucks fans make Flames fans look like Angels. I think it is due to pent up frustration at having not won anything ever. Even Seattle has one Stanley Cup. I heard someone was going to do a book on Vancouver's success in their 40 years in the NHL but it has since been change to a two sided pamphlet.

It was awesome for the Oilers to beat them two in a row at the end of the season. And if you look at our losses to the Canucks this season all but one were by one goal. One complaint I have with the NHL is veteran teams get veteran calls from NHL officiating. Having a rookie team really cost us calls this year, officiating was horrible just like it was last night in the Hawks/Canucks game. The Canucks got away with a lot of interference.

Go Hawks!

on to the house that booze built!!!! Hawks even it up 2-2 real soon.

You keep forgetting... Raffi's back and he's not happy. He's grumpy and he's gonna pile-drive somebody. Toews has got a target on his back...or Keith...or Hossa...or...

Hall was out for the last third of the season, he was injured.

Canucks were beat by our farm team in those last two games.

Oh, good god...another whine session. And if it was the Flames who had the final two games against you guys...what whine are you gonna come up with?

Hey...and bunny11.jpg Carlos... just in case you need a warning: The Canucks aren't satisfied with their game. They had the Hawks wrapped up 3-1 in the 3rd and let the Hawks back in the game. Everybody in the dressing room was saying that their game wasn't good enough. You guys ready to ramp up, cause the Canucks are gonna be "bringing it" in Game 3...and Raffi's gonna be dressed and on the ice too.

a0210164-b0c2-4024-b8a3-7c4fb73ae3c8-big.jpg

RAFFI'S GONNA HIT SOMEONE!!! :P

Edited by The_Animal
It's because guys like Tilt et al (Oilers and Flames fans)...that keep bringing up antiquated Stanley Cup wins and gloating about the past that p****s us Canucks fans off. 89 (Calgary's SOLE win) is so far back in ancient history that it isn't even a factor in the Cup playoffs any more. Neither are the Cups won during Gretzky's tenure in Edmonton. NONE of those wins matter anymore. So deal with it.

Spoken like a typical Canucks fan. There isn't an ounce of humor in your posts, in fact you came straight out and insulted the fans of multiple teams. It proves the point I have made about Canucks fans, they lack grace and sportmanship on the fan side. They are pent up and frustrated at having accomplished nothing in their history.

What is the Stanley Cup all about? It is about the history of the Cup. At least the Oilers have a history and not all of Edmonton's Cups were won during the Gretzky era. You have insulted a lot of teams and their fans in this thread, but at least those teams have a history they can look back on. At least they have something to talk about. No one in any walk of life forgets about their past accomplishments so why should this be any different?

If we follow your standard we shouldn't talk about anything from the past. Forget about this years Presidents Trophy, forget about the win last night, that is all in the past. Heck, why even present the Stanley Cup as the significance of the names on that Cup are meaningless since the names were all put on in the past. The Stanley Cup is presented because of that past, so don't forget it.

The Oilers have a past which can't be taken away. The Leafs have a proud history as do the Hawks and many other teams in the NHL. So get over your jealousy of not having won anything, be thankful for what you do have and hopeful for what you could have. But don't belittle the teams who have accomplished what you want only because you are hateful of their success and your teams failure.

You should see how Canucks fans behave at Oilers games. Canucks fans make Flames fans look like Angels. I think it is due to pent up frustration at having not won anything ever. Even Seattle has one Stanley Cup. I heard someone was going to do a book on Vancouver's success in their 40 years in the NHL but it has since been change to a two sided pamphlet.

If you're big on history , then you should know Vancouver Millionaires beat the Ottawa Senators in the 1915 Stanley Cup.

And I'm not even a Canucks fan.

Tony

If you're big on history , then you should know Vancouver Millionaires beat the Ottawa Senators in the 1915 Stanley Cup.

And I'm not even a Canucks fan.

Tony

I do know that but I never point it out to Canucks fans as none of them know it. But it doesn't count towards Canucks history, it was a different team.

I know where it was played, the details of the transfer, and the events of the steam train trip from Ottawa.

They are sisters not brothers.

Now that is funny!!! I have great respect for the Sedin's in the way they play and how they conduct themselves off the ice but that is still hilarious!!!

Fleury was very ordinary last night and the Pens took too many undisciplined penalties. The Pens had a great surge for 3/4 of the 2nd period, but Roloson was not to be beat last night. If the NHL playoffs were easy, they would switch the name of the league to the NBA!

I'm still sticking with Pens in 7.

Good to see the Ducks tie up that series last night just because I want to see more good hockey from these two teams.

GO PENS !!!

Shawn

Spoken like a typical Canucks fan. There isn't an ounce of humor in your posts, in fact you came straight out and insulted the fans of multiple teams. It proves the point I have made about Canucks fans, they lack grace and sportmanship on the fan side. They are pent up and frustrated at having accomplished nothing in their history.

In that regards, you're mistaken. Scooby. I just laughed at whoever said "Blackhawks!!!!!!" because I knew that our Canucks were stronger going into the series this year. If you want to take offense at that...that's your problem, not mine. I didn't say anything insulting with regards to the Hawks...unless you count laughing my @$$ off as an insult. And frankly, I don't think there's anything insulting about laughing. If you can't deal with facts this year instead of trumpeting your team's abysmal record this season and hoping that you'll do something in the playoffs (of course, for the Oilers, that's impossible, I remember now...they got eliminated; the jab against the Hawks is they got in because Dallas screwed up and couldn't pull off a win) then be my guest. Be a sore loser. You wanna make it personal, then be my guest.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t&p=2187211

You actually started the flame war with the "Anybody but Vancouver" comment. You start heaving flame balls at my team. Prepare to get singed yourself.

And Tilt actually lit the torch with his whine about the "absolutley insufferable-ness" of 'nuk' fans.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....t&p=2187389

And if you didn't recall, I didn't insult him on the post following that. I stated facts...and Tilt got offended. And that's HIS problem.

Oh...with regards to Buffalo? There is a natural rivalry. Considering both teams came into the league in the same year (1970). Naturally we want to win before the Sabres do.

Yeah...I'm anti-Hawks. Their fans keep rubbing it in our faces that for the past two years, they've been a thorn in our side and just because they've beat us two years straight, they think automatically that they can keep doing it again, because "we'll choke". Well...newflash...you may not like the news...but we're not going to choke this year at least in the first round against the Hawks. We want revenge and right now...considering that we're up 2-0 in the series. Scooby. I think we're well on our way to exorcising those Hawks out of our past. Torres is back in Game 3...and he's angry and pumped. The Canucks were not sitting back on their laurels in the dressing room. They weren't satisfied with the win because they knew they f*d up and f*d up badly. And you wanna know why? They let the Hawks back in the game in the third period when the 'Nucks were up 3-1 and could have closed out the game. They let Stalberg waltz right in and score while Luey was looking off somewhere else...then Dan had to score to make it 4-2 just to try to keep their @$$es alive. Then there was a second defensive breakdown which resulted in Ben Smith's goal. So yeah...the 'Nucks weren't happy. They screwed up. So they're looking to come back in Game 3 with an even more intense game. Do you seriously think the Hawks have a chance in HELL with the Canucks NOT being satisfied with their game...even WHEN THEY WIN??!!

And Tilt (between you and Scooby), you wanna know why we don't like Oiler, Leaf and Flames fans? Because for the past few years before we made the 94 Cup run, your teams have been instrumental in knocking us out of the first round. And you guys like to rub it in. You guys think Canucks fans are obnoxious. Sorry, but you guys corner the market for obnoxiousness (and yeah...considering that we're doped up on mary-jane...most of the time according to you guys), it must shock you that I can spell the word. So considering that...how do you like the fact that you're usually out of play-off contention by March most of the time?

You can sit there and fume and fuss and say that your team has a magnificent history. Insult the Sedins (call them sisters)...but Danny had the last laugh, with 2 goals to match Ben Smith. Be my guest, but the minute you start making this personal, my middle finger goes up. And frankly...let me make it personal for you Scooby. I insulted the teams by saying the Blackhawks suck...I never insulted the fans. I kept it to generically insulting the teams until YOU; a petulant Oiler fan p*$$ed off because his team couldn't make the play-offs despite having two first round draft picks...and (evidently this year you're going to get another first rounder), decided to make it personal. Yeah...I said Oilers and Flames fans suck. But considering your explanation and the fact that you reside in Alberta...yeah...I think I hit the nail dead on the head. And one more thing. I was born in Edmonton...yet I've disliked the Eskiimos and Oilers from an early age even from the time I was living there. So yeah, you can call me a "transplanted traitor". You need to get your facts straight. So you know what, Scooby...Go BLOW.

Oh...Tilt...Scooby...here's one o' your so-called "intelligent fans" for ya:

luvthoilers: No No No No Nooooo, It goes like this , Why is alberta windy? Cause B. C. blows, and Saskatchewan sucks. What about pavel bure? couldnt wait to get out of there!! And that is the only great player you guys have had in their prime, messier was close to 40 when he came out there for a couple of years, and thats it!! sorry lotusland, meanwhile Ill enjoy my wide open spaces, and the begining of another Stanley Cup Contender, Cheers!!
An Insignificant Hawks fan on FB: nucks are gay

Just full of intelligent quotes, ain't they?

Edited by The_Animal

Ahem. Really? We're at THIS level of vehemence this early? I wasn't expecting it to get this hostile until the next round of playoffs...my bad.

Okay, so, it's "just a sport", let's not get personal, mmmkay?

Al P. Habs Fan, but not a Habs Fanatic. Also, Moderator with a short fuse this week....Just so's y'all know...mmkay?

Damn....and it's just a game.

jaw_dropping_butch2.jpg

I see it the same way. There's more important things in life! Chill and enjoy the entertainment value because this year's Cup winner has already been picked by Gary Bettman - see Ty Conklin's remarks on why the Blackhawks made it into the playoffs and how good it is that the Canucks and Hawks are in round one. Makes for good US tv and news & makes Bettmans ego bigger to keep the Coyotes in money losing Phoenix subsidize by higher ticket prices in hockey loving cities. Hey Gary move the that team back to Winnipeg where it belongs!