I'll second the Go Whalers, Nordiques and Jets! Go back to your original cities, that is !!!

Actually, the good folks in Carolina do really support their team and really, how many teams do they need in the NYC area? I'd love to see the Coyotes move back to Winnipeg but I'm just not sure it would work given the smallish population and the possible lack of corporate sponsorship.

I'll second the Go Whalers, Nordiques and Jets! Go back to your original cities, that is !!!

Actually, the good folks in Carolina do really support their team and really, how many teams do they need in the NYC area? I'd love to see the Coyotes move back to Winnipeg but I'm just not sure it would work given the smallish population and the possible lack of corporate sponsorship.

I'm a big fan of the game of hockey and a collector of jerseys. I actually still have a Wendel Clark Nordiques jersey, Alexei Zhamnov and Kieth Tkachuk Jets jerseys and a Shanahan Whalers jersey.

The Nordiques actually had a new jersey design for the 1995-96 season before they moved to Colorado. It was not a good looking design in my opinion, kind of cheesy with a big wolf head in the center of the crest. Damned shame the Nordiques moved to Colorado as after trading Lindros rights to the Flyers they used picks and trades to really build a solid team with a lot of potential as demonstrated by the 1992-93 season and subsequent season in which the Avalanche were perennial contenders and winners of two Stanley Cups (including the first season after their move).

The Winnipeg Jets jerseys are actually two of my favorites, I like the color scheme and the logo is pretty sharp too.

According to the latest study that was publicized this week, both Winnipeg and Quebec are deemed quite capable of supporting a team. That same study proposed up to 6 Canadian-based additional teams.

I think Winterpeggers are chomping at the bit to have a team again.

And how about them Habs - two down, two more wins to go against the big bad Bruins!!!!

ALF

According to the latest study that was publicized this week, both Winnipeg and Quebec are deemed quite capable of supporting a team. That same study proposed up to 6 Canadian-based additional teams.

I think Winterpeggers are chomping at the bit to have a team again.

And how about them Habs - two down, two more wins to go against the big bad Bruins!!!!

ALF

Hey, ALF.

The HABS (despite the fact I despise them), I have to say, are doing awesome. Caught part of the game highlights from yesterday night while waiting on my 'Nucks tonight. I hope they win versus the Bruins. Wouldn't that be a fist in the eye of Coley Campbell?

And if Raffi Torres did an intentional hit on Brent Seabrook tonight in Chicago...then I'm the Easter Bunny... That was shoulder to high-shoulder. I think Seabrook should get an Academy Award.

Frankly, I think the NHL's experiment in Pheonix needs to have their plug pulled. Winnipeg has a new arena and I think the Nordiques would do well...considering the interest in hockey in Quebec. I hope the Winnipeg and Quebec City fans get to see their cities come back into the NHL...they have a long and rich history with the Jets and Nordiques.

I always like the Jets and Nordiques uniforms too. Whenever I think of the Jets, I always think of Dale Hawerchuk.

Yeah...that's the first player that I think of when I think of the Jets. Oh...and the next recognizable player that came to mind who played for the Winnipeg Jets from 92-96 was Teemu Selanne.

Edited by The_Animal

Damn, I hate to say this, but Chicago came out pumped. Awesome game, Chicago. The Canucks thought the series was over and done with and decided to reward themselves with a day off...BIG MISTAKE... Game 4s are always pivotal.

And I'd have to say..."Dave B., good on you to come back. Hate to see a player go down with a concussion. But glad to see you're back on the ice with a BIG game...last night even if it was at the cost of my 'Nucks". May you have a long and brilliant career. Now...this will make a series.

How aboot them Sharks!?!? Very fun game to watch!

That was a friggin' awesome comeback. :D Sorry, oortiz. :D Good ol' Wil Wheaton (Star Trek) was tearing out his hair. OK...that was an understatement- Wil was going bats*** INSANE!!!! My wife follows him on Twitter and he was in a friggin' screamin' fit. :D Sorry, oortiz. Can't help feeling smug...despite the pounding my 'Nucks took. Sorry, oortiz. :D

wilw Wil Wheaton

Dear Kings: if you try to out-Shark the Sharks, YOU WILL F*NG LOSE. Play some godd*** defense. My best, Wil

Oh, and Roadrunner. Glad to see the Flyers back on top...Sorry, just don't like them Sabres.

Edited by The_Animal

Since my Leafs crapped the bed again this year I am actually supporting the Habs since they are the only Canadian eastern team left and given the fact that I cant stand the Canucks.

Lets hope the Habs can take the Bruins and move on.

Next year the LEAFS.

Good game in NY last night. Shame they blew a 3-0 lead in the 3rd to lose in double-ot. I have no allegiance to any team but I usually tend to go for the home team because I love hockey crowds. I think every sport needs a foghorn. It works for everything. Even golf!

lol

Good ol' Wil Wheaton (Star Trek) was tearing out his hair...Sorry, oortiz.

Hey Animal,

No need to be sorry. Any apologies should be coming FROM the Kings TO their fans. What an epic meltdown! Good thing I'm already bald, 'cause if I wasn't, I'd be tearing my hair out too!

I had a class that evening, in the basement of the bldg. I don't get cell reception down there, so just before I ducked into the bldg, I checked the score. Boy, was I pumped to see that the Kings were up 3-0! Then, imagine my dismay when I run outta class and up the stairs to see that it's tied 5-5. ***? What happened? Then I rush home for OT to see the Kings lose the same way they did in game 1. (Hey Penner, how about moving your feet on the backcheck, eh?)

I'm afraid that loss was the dagger in the Kings' postseason. I don't think they're gonna recover from that. As a matter of fact, I don't think they'll win another game. I'm even willing to bet the Sharks blow the Kings out tonight. *sigh* I hope I'm wrong though.

C'mon Kings, if ever there was a time to overcome adversity, it's now! (Just like you did after the McSorley incident in '93.) :doh:

-O

But how about those Redwings last night. Tying the game up in the 2nd period, then scoring 3 more goals in the 3rd to bring the score to 6-3 and winning the series against Phoenix.

The Coyotes came out pretty strong, but just weren't deep enough. I thought the fans down there were pretty good at the end of the game. I was watching on Hockey Night in Canada, and I thought the comment made that the fans looked just like those in Winnipeg 15 years ago was really interesting. All real fans look like that when there teams are yanked away, whatever sport. Think Cleveland Browns or the old Baltimore Colts from football. Those fans still haven't forgiven the owner and they have teams again!

Thanks alot. LOL, Thank God were going back to Philly for two games, good game yesterday, Miller had some great saves.

Boucher did very good too, the one goal that got by him, there wasnt really anything he could do on that. Also gotta say from a sabres fan point of view, I'm loving watching Briere get beat up on. Mainly because of how he left buffalo.

Also, the fridays game will be in philly but sundays will be in buffalo at 3pm. Game 7 would be in philly though.

No, I'm not down on my team. I'm rooting for them until all the chips are played. The Canucks may be in a bad spot right now, but the situation is one that only the players can remedy. It's GUTCHECK time.

http://animalroamingbouttown.blogspot.com/2011/04/stanley-cup-is-won-on-intangiblesand.html

'Nucks fan through and through...and thinking of figuring out ways that the 'Nucks can do the "intangibles" right.

No, I'm not down on my team. I'm rooting for them until all the chips are played. The Canucks may be in a bad spot right now, but the situation is one that only the players can remedy. It's GUTCHECK time.

http://animalroamingbouttown.blogspot.com/2011/04/stanley-cup-is-won-on-intangiblesand.html

'Nucks fan through and through...and thinking of figuring out ways that the 'Nucks can do the "intangibles" right.

You must be a rarity. I just popped by the 'nuks forum pages for a quick read. Holy crap-sandwiches!!! They're imploding once again!! And a lot of "BOOS" heard in that 3rd period. And no, it wasn't "LUUU"....cuz he was sitting on the bench.

Go HAWKS!!