Congratulations Boston.. dang good game tonight!

ALtho I still think it should have been Tampa!!!

William G

Now. LETS GO 'NUCKS!!!!!

Broooooons!!!!!

What an unbelievable game. Tim Thomas rocks but kudos to Stamkos. That boy took a vicious slapshot to the face and was back in 15 min later. Gotta give him points for having some b#lls to keep playing (even with gauze sticking out of his nose).

Really looking forward to Weds night.

On a side note, I realize how blessed I am to live in an area with great teams in all of the major sports. Even the Sox are turning it around finally. Never a dull moment in New England.

I'm torn; my second favorite team is the Boston Bruins (b/c of Bobby Orr and Cam Neely), but my heart and allegiances goes to the Canucks.

Congratulations on winning that brutal 7 game series. It's no fluke that you're in the Stanley Cup finals and Bruins fans should be absolutely proud of their team. And I congratulate them on being Eastern Conference Champions.

But...GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

I'm bleu-blanc-rouge before anything else but I was hoping the Booins erm Bruins would win... this is gonna be a great final - GO CANUCKS GO!

253653_10150267190330295_730735294_9434912_4834137_n.jpg

Every time Tim Thomas looks behind him he's gonna see this shade of red going off in his face. We're 4 wins from the Stanley Cup. 'Nucks need to kick it in overdrive. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!

Funnily enough, Australia /are/ hockey world champions... they won the Division IIA Worlds this year, beating Belgium, Mexico, New Zealand and Serbia (North Korea withdrew before the tournament due to lack of funds).

As much as I love high-level hockey of the NHL (Go Habs! Go Canucks!) and KHL (Go Yugra!), I love lower-division hockey. The lower-division world championships, and tournaments like the Arab Cup of Hockey (no joke! UAE, Kuwait, Algeria, Morocco, Qatar all play now... and UAE has played in the official IIHF World Championship of 2010)... I think it may be easier to say that I just simply LOVE HOCKEY! :D

Never mind the finals... the NHL is back in Winnipeg!!! :nanner:

Yep - lots of happy people in town tonight. Managed to make it to Portage and Main on the lunch break today, and haven't seen that many happy citizens in a VERY long time!

Yep - lots of happy people in town tonight. Managed to make it to Portage and Main on the lunch break today, and haven't seen that many happy citizens in a VERY long time!

Happy for ya. Now the Moose (at least your players under Moose contract) get to go with the Winnipeg Jets as their AHL affiliate team. And the Canucks are stuck trying to find a new AHL team and it just so happens that the only friggin' one that's open is the Chicago WOLVES!!! :( Right in the heart of ENEMY territory. :bandhead2: So until the 'Nucks make a decision - when the Stanley Cup is over - the ex-Moose Canuck-kids are "homeless". Hmmm, maybe we should call up the AHL and say "Yeah, we want an AHL expansion team in Chilliwack...we'll call it the "Chilliwack Homeless". That'll get people's panties in a wad.

Any chance the Wolves might be open to a move to Abbotsford once we kick the "Flamelets" out of Abby-Ville?

AbbotsfordFan.jpg

Just HOW dumb does he think we are? <_<

Edited by The_Animal

Last I heard there was talk that the Moose would move from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay if Winnipeg gets an NHL team again. Since the latter has happened, I expect the AHL team to be moving this offseason, too...

I'll wait until the Cup finals are over to see if Tanev, Hodgson and Canuck-contracted crew are homeless for a season or they end up becoming Wolves. :jaw-dropping: Man, are Chicago Wolves fans gonna be p****d off. :whistle:

Last I heard there was talk that the Moose would move from Winnipeg to Thunder Bay if Winnipeg gets an NHL team again. Since the latter has happened, I expect the AHL team to be moving this offseason, too...

Rumour around here is that they are off the St John's Nfld. Too bad - they have done a wonderful job keeping the fans entertained over the past years, and the way that the media were playing up the return of the NHL one could feel that the Moose were getting kicked to the curb. Hopefully, someone in the city will get a "Moose Appreciation Day" in the works.

Rumour around here is that they are off the St John's Nfld. Too bad - they have done a wonderful job keeping the fans entertained over the past years, and the way that the media were playing up the return of the NHL one could feel that the Moose were getting kicked to the curb. Hopefully, someone in the city will get a "Moose Appreciation Day" in the works.

That would be a great thing - I'm sure the players would appreciate it. :)

What's the buzz about the new name for the team? I've heard Winnipeg Falcons and Manitoba Jets as possibilities... I like Manitoba Jets for a couple of reasons. One, it brings the Jets name back, two, from the team's marketing standpoint it's a good idea too - new name/jerseys to sell, and it shows it's all of Manitoba's team, not just Winnipeg's... I've heard it said "Jets" has nothing to do with Winnipeg... but Manitoba? Sure it does - RCAF Gimli! Maybe have a Clunk as part of the new logo? :D

I have to agree with Don Cherry, this was a rubbish game, and the goalies were the ones who made both teams look okay. That said, I'll take the win, but the Nucks really need to play better than this in the upcoming games.

GO CANUCKS GO!!

And Don Cherry needs to know when to stop talking. The only reason he's still broadcasting is because Ron MacLean knows how to keep a leash on his attitude.

No, he keeps broadcasting because "Coaches Corner" for one is the HIGHEST rated segment in any Hockey Night In Canada game! He is paid to speak his mind whether you, I or any other person likes it or not, as well as to perform his tried and true schtick. There is no reason why anyone should ever want to keep him on a proverbial leash and I doubt he'd let anyone do it.

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

I have to agree with Don Cherry, this was a rubbish game, and the goalies were the ones who made both teams look okay. That said, I'll take the win, but the Nucks really need to play better than this in the upcoming games.

I think Cherry was a little over the top on that point, but it was a game with many mistakes and both goalies did well to cover them up.

If that was a bite, then I'm the Easter bunny. Nothing conclusive in that video. Just a shot of Burrows trying to get Bergeron's glove out of his face after Bergeron tried to jam it down Burrows' throat. :explode: They can't win on their PP or 5 on 5 so the Bruins are trying to friggin' snowjob the NHL into thinking that there was something conclusive. Next time, keep the cameras on both Bergeron and Burrows to keep 'em both honest all the way back to the bench.

Edited by The_Animal

I certainly agree that wasn't a bite. Bite was Tyson v Holyfield, THAT was a bite.

Re Cherry: he /is/ on a 7-second delay because of one outburst some years back. He's also softened up a good bit since then... usually, I think he's a bit of a dinlow, buuut... that's his selling point.

I certainly agree that wasn't a bite. Bite was Tyson v Holyfield, THAT was a bite.

Well Holyfield didn't have a hockey glove on his ear.

If you ever had a Hockey glove on you should know they are made to protect hands real well so if he did bite down that was pretty hard.

They also smell bad if the player had them for awhile hence the reason they do the Hand wash plus it is anoying.

Anyway it was a good game.

Rick

Well Holyfield didn't have a hockey glove on his ear.

If you ever had a Hockey glove on you should know they are made to protect hands real well so if he did bite down that was pretty hard.

They also smell bad if the player had them for awhile hence the reason they do the Hand wash plus it is anoying.

Anyway it was a good game.

Rick

I actually had a cat bite through one of my hockey gloves while I was trying to put it into a carrier (the little bastard was a bit ornery when we had to go to the vet so I had to wear hockey gloves to put him in the carrier...). The palm area of the typical hockey glove is simply a relatively thin soft leather to allow you to have a good grip and feel on the stick. It is not that hard to get something through that part of the glove (coincidentally the part of the glove you typically get in your face when that type of incident occurs, ask me how I know....). All the thick padding on a hockey glove is on top with a bit harder padding around the wrist area.