Dndieje,

I do not think the SMD are that bad, Syhart is a good AdA sheets, but two of the Rafale tail markings are

facing the wrong way round,I can not see the low viz 113 outline nubers for the Rafale B

• 2 weeks later...

Dndieje,

I do not think the SMD are that bad, Syhart is a good AdA sheets, but two of the Rafale tail markings are

facing the wrong way round,I can not see the low viz 113 outline nubers for the Rafale B

Hello Magman,

The SMD decals are by no means bad, in fact they are their usual high quality.

I was just a bit disappointed that when they updated 480001 to 480001D they didn't adjust the grey a bit.

I bought the Syhart 1/48 decals a couple of weeks ago at a model show in Belgium.

The set includes 3 little errata sheets including one specifically for the Rafale.

You're right about the outline 113 codes, fine brush and a steady hand might sort that one :pray:

I think I will buy the Syhart decals, as I like the ETR 2/92 "Aquitaine" decals for my Rafale B,B317 113-HO.

Rafale C I will make it C118 113-IW EC1/7 "Provence" Aigle à tête de mort with Damocles pod operation Harmattan

Ok, I just received in the mail the ACE hobby Rafale M. I had read somewhere that it was the M with the updated molds as the tigermeet B. It is not. It is an exact repop of the Revell Rafale M. The decals look to be for demo and a production M.

On the plus side, I got it for $26 USD shipped, and another Rafale B tigermeet for $32 USD shipped.

Mike

I can second what Mike said. I bought one for 25 dollars shipped, but it does not have the updates. I'm not too concerned about it though, as I'll be making a US Navy Whiff out of it, so I'll have US equipment on it.

Aaron

ps. Did the Tigermeet B come with the updates Mike?

but two of the Rafale tail markings are

You're absolutely right, never noticed that !

The 1/91 elephant and wolf's head are facing the wrong way.

On the additional little sheet in my set these markings are correct (albeit in a darker grey).

Also on the sheet are the 104 codes and markings for the latest Rafale sqn. EC 3/30.

I can second what Mike said. I bought one for 25 dollars shipped, but it does not have the updates. I'm not too concerned about it though, as I'll be making a US Navy Whiff out of it, so I'll have US equipment on it.

Aaron

ps. Did the Tigermeet B come with the updates Mike?

yes, the tigermeet boxing has all the updates. If you combine it w/ the Revell M, you build either an updated C or M from all the parts. And you still have enough parts to build either an AF or a 'navalized' B w/o mods.

I'm thinking about building my left over B as an aggressor bird in a WIF.

Here's one question that bugs me a bit--the aux air inlet doors on the underside of the inlet. Sometimes open, sometimes closed. I have found pictures of them closed with the Rafale in straight and level flight, as well as maneuvering. Same for them open--there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. Anyone know the answer? If it's all the same, I won't have to bother cutting them open...

Here's one question that bugs me a bit--the aux air inlet doors on the underside of the inlet. Sometimes open, sometimes closed. I have found pictures of them closed with the Rafale in straight and level flight, as well as maneuvering. Same for them open--there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. Anyone know the answer? If it's all the same, I won't have to bother cutting them open...

gravity? The Rafale Intake has no moving parts and no boundary-layer bleed can reach speeds of Mach2+

Looking at the pictures more, I think it is an airspeed issue. The ones where I see the doors open, the Rafale is flying with the slats down, or in level flight but nose high, so it would makes sense the aux doors would get blown in to let more air through.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally received the Rafale decals from Skyraider. It's the second edition sheet (more options/mission markings) printed by cartograf. They are beautifully done. Very crisp detail printing, full stencils including cockpit items.

Now to just decide which version(s) to do. Most likely a B and a C. Most definitely worth the price, and the wait.

cheers,

Mike

Is there any chance you could post pictures of the aftermarket parts? They aren't coming up on the website. One thing is clear--it would be fairly challenging to make one out of an existing pod...

Thank you, very nice indeed! That is well worth the price considering what a pain it would be to scratch the front end section. It should be easy to drill out the front an put clear optics in too.

Edited by MarkW
  • 1 month later...

Is that mean Revell finally produce a C version of 1/48 rafale without need to buy aftermarket stuffs anymore?

• 1 month later...

If you want to get exotic, L'Arsenal of France has some nice goodies like a DAMOCLES targeting or a PRESTO reconnaissance pod at very reasonable prices.

http://www.larsenal.com/GB/index.php

I wasn't aware that the Rafale carried the PRESTO pods operationally. I have never seen any photos of that. I thought those pods were restricted to the Mirage F1CR?

Larry