1/48 Hasegawa P-47D

El Escuadrón 201 was a Mexican fighter squadron, part of the Fuerza Aérea Expedicionaria Mexicana (FAEM — "Mexican Expeditionary Air Force") that aided the Allied war effort during World War II.The squadron was attached to the 58th Fighter Group of the United States Army Air Forces during the liberation of the main Philippine island of Luzon in the summer of 1945. Aircraft No. 18 was the only Escuadron 201 aircraft known to have carried the nose "petal" design in combat.

I found this particular scheme quite interesting since it has both US and Mexican markings on the same plane. Finished in Alclad, started as an experiment to see how I liked spraying Future over the top of Alclad, as I had always been against it. I like the way it came out even with the Future on it. All pseudo invasion stripes were painted on as opposed to using the provide decals as is the red outline of the white nose petal. Built OOB with the addition of Tamiya tape belts and foil buckles in order to qualify for IPMS OOB category.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Dude, you knocked that one completely out of the park!! Awesome choice of markings. First time I've seen a P-47 cross-dressed like that!

Hey Thanks Andy! Heh, hadn't thought of it as a cross-dresser, but that's a fairly accurate label huh?! :worship:

John, Holmes, and Angels49 -- Thank you sirs for the kind words. It's nice to finally get something off the workbench and post some photos of it. Proves I haven't been just lurkin' around these parts!

Here's the rest of the pics that didn't fit in the OP.

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

Nice box art!

010.jpg

That's a great looking plane Brian. The 'pit is outstanding, as is the over-all paint job. I like the "cross dressing" aspect as well.

On an un-related note, where do you go to get your supplies and such? I've gone to Tacoma Trains and Hobbies a few times, but there's a hobby shop up in University Way that I like a whole lot better. Also, it looks like as soon as I'm done with school and can find a job, we are moving to Tacoma. We'll be about two miles or so away from Carolyn's parent's house, which means we'll be about two miles from yours as well.

Aaron

That's a great looking plane Brian. The 'pit is outstanding, as is the over-all paint job. I like the "cross dressing" aspect as well.

On an un-related note, where do you go to get your supplies and such? I've gone to Tacoma Trains and Hobbies a few times, but there's a hobby shop up in University Way that I like a whole lot better. Also, it looks like as soon as I'm done with school and can find a job, we are moving to Tacoma. We'll be about two miles or so away from Carolyn's parent's house, which means we'll be about two miles from yours as well.

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

That's where I usually go too, Discount Hobbies in UP. Every once in a while I'll go to Fantasy Hobbies on S. 72nd but usually just for Tamiya paint, but I like Discount, was there today in fact!

I was wonderin' what ever happened to you moving out this way. Good to hear you'll be movin' over to this side of the mt.'s

Thanks for the compliments on the -47! (Holmes too!)

• 5 months later...

blunce,

Great build! I have a sheet from Aztec Models that has those markings on it. I was thinking of doing the same plane. Hopefully mine will turn out half as nice as yours. You've got a winner there!

Cheers,

-O

• 3 weeks later...