German Eurofighter in 1/144th

Hi Everyone,

I finally managed to finish my 1/144th Revell of Germany Eurofighter. I painted it in the primer colors and used a combination of homemade and kit decals. It won 2nd place at the IPMS Seattle Spring Show. Let me know what you all think.

DSCN3661.jpg

DSCN3665.jpg

DSCN3664.jpg

DSCN3666.jpg

DSCN3668.jpg

V/r,

John

Oh very nice - mesa likes!

I was considering this for my EF2000 as well, but I may now just stick to the brits. :cheers:

May I ask what colours were used?

Did you do a mild wash of sorts for the panel lines too?

Cheers

Thanks guys.

May I ask what colours were used?

Did you do a mild wash of sorts for the panel lines too?

I used Model Master acrylic "Pale Grey," Poly Scale acrylic "Italian Camo Yellow," and Vallejo "Sunny Skin Tone." I experimented with mixing the colors with some greens until I got what I thought was close to the real thing.

Yes I did do a little panel wash.

V/r,

John

• 1 month later...

Thanks! I used Bare-Metal Foil for most of the masking. Now if only Revell would only make a 1/144th F-16, I'd be set!

Well, you could kitbash their F-16A and -C kits to get a more accurate looking jet. Or are you talking about a new tool 1/144 F-16?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments, guys.

Well, you could kitbash their F-16A and -C kits to get a more accurate looking jet. Or are you talking about a new tool 1/144 F-16?

A new tool 1/144th F-16 would be most welcomed. Hopefully, their new tool F-15E will be a good kit.

Very well done - I love seeing Tiffies in primer.

The colours are very good, however you've applied them backwards. The green areas should be sandy-brown and vice-versa. Other than that it's well built and well executed. Good work.

The colours are very good, however you've applied them backwards. The green areas should be sandy-brown and vice-versa. Other than that it's well built and well executed. Good work.

Bobski,

I appreciate your comment regarding the colors; I'll have to take your word on it. Partial color-blindness is not very conducive to correct paint matching :doh:

V/r,

John

And this is how the real jet looks like after it is painted!

I assume the national markings and numbers on your model are kit decals?

The national markings and numbers are actually homemade. You'll notice that on there is no white border on the numbers and insignia for primer-colored, Luftwaffe Eurofighters. I created them in a Word document and then printed them out.

V/r,

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Thanks for the comments, FlyingLow. It would be cool to place them next to each other. I have to say that this kit and the Eduard MiG-21 are the best-fitting/detailed 1/144th kits we have (so far).