Sukhoi T-50 "PAK-FA"

We all read and heard about the shortcomings of the Zvezda kit but nevertheless it still looks cool and builds really nicely. I've decided to spice things up a little and posed her in-flight, with all the manuevering surfaces deflected and the landing gear partially retracted. Here she is.

sPAK-FA_Videc_021.jpg

sPAK-FA_Videc_025.jpg

sPAK-FA_Videc_025.jpg

You know just how critical i am of that kit; But W-O-W! It looks fan-fricking-tastic in that picture. It really does. :explode: And those walkways really make it standout, and looks much more "natural". I suppose that is Begemot decals we are seeing?

thanks guys!

Pep: as neca12 already mentioned there are two pilots included - one sitting and one standing along with the boarding ladder - and they're both stunning for ejection moulded 1/72 figures.

Putting the intakes together is a bit tricky, but that's it - everything else just falls together. There are however, a number of inaccuracies with this kit - check the thread in Jet Modelling forum...

Thanks Berkut, Andrew and gonzalo!

Berk: yeah I know your critical eye all too well - but do you remember when I told you how I want to pose my aircraft to "hide" inaccuracies? I think it worked out quite well. And yeah, special thanks go out to Andrey Kotkov - Kotey from Begemot decals - they worked out superb and make a whole difference compared to the kit decals. And imagine - all the markings you see on one wing is just one piece decal!

gonzalo: Beauty is in the eye of beholder! ;) I find it, the most beautiful design of all modern 5th gen fighters.

Edited by Sebastijan

Great looking PAK-FA, Seb! :thumbsup:

Gonna be a looker on your desk at work :D

Yup, those decals really make it look great....always thought my build looked a bit toy-ish since it didn´t come with those walkways.