F-86A- E V-shaped windscreen

Here's what the Maintenance Manual (Dec 1952)shows for the different windshields. Note the bottom of the page for the applicable blocks. The T.O. for the A has the exact same drawing. Hope this helps!

f-86Ewindshield2.jpg,f-86Ewindshield1.jpg

Here's what the Maintenance Manual (Dec 1952)shows for the different windshields. Note the bottom of the page for the applicable blocks. The T.O. for the A has the exact same drawing. Hope this helps!

f-86Ewindshield2.jpg,f-86Ewindshield1.jpg

Those are really helpful.... Thanks for posting them!

Hi Mike,

Are you from Stanton or Walsham le Willows?

Don

Many many thanks for posting those Don, love the painting in particular. :thumbsup:

I'm a Walsham-le-Willows boy - my Father owned the grocer and draper in the High Street. I was too young to remember Sabres, but it's a scary thought that while I was a young boy the Thor missiles were undoubtedly coming on alert during the Cuban Missile crisis :woot.gif:

Edited by MikeC

And @ AlanM, thanks for posting the drawings, right-clicked for personal use, is that OK?

(Edited because my keyboard can't spell :whistle: )

Edited by MikeC

Many many thanks for posting those Don, love the painting in particular. :thumbsup:

I'm a Walsham-le-Willows boy - my Father owned the grocer and draper in the High Street. I was too young to remember Sabres, but it's a scary thought that while I was a young boy the Thor missiles were undoubtedly coming on alert during the Cuban Missile crisis :woot.gif:

Ooops, what's happened? Finger trouble and not being used to the new Board perhaps ... Would a passing mod please delete the surplus duplicate? Thanks.

Downloading is no problem. After looking at the T.O. I'm amazed that the v shaped windshield was just a bolt on. I'm going to have to verify some tail #s vs blocks, I suspect they weren't around very long.