'Clear the bench' group build

Howdy all,

Was thinking today, I can't be the only one with a pile of half built kits, put aside for whatever reason.

What about having a GB to finish off these neglected kits? It's probably been done in the past, so must be about time for another one.

I know there are a stack of GBs happening at the moment, so I'd wait for a few of them to finish before we commence, but for now, I'm testing the waters.

Only rule I think need apply is, the kit must already be started.

What you all reckon?

Denzil

Ha! I did that on my own seven or eight years ago, I finished off about five orphans and now I'm pretty much one kit at a time. I only have one on the bench now and I'll work it to the point that I have to wait for something to dry before I can continue. At that point I feel it's okay to start another.

/But - I don't see any problem with other people having multiple partly done kits. Heck, I think it's okay to never finish a kit at all if you don't want to. Just build the cockpit if that's your thing. Just open 'em up and smell the plastic and then put them back on the shelf, it's all good.

That's the key, isn't it ... NO DEADLINE. Too bad a GB means a deadline.

If we're talking strictly on the table (as opposed to started but fit back into the box and replaced in the stash), I've got a CF-5A, Mitchell and an H-21A on the go - all Canadian subjects, all 1/72 and all stalled! :woot.gif:

Scott

Slack bunch :P

The idea is not to pop out competition quality build, just get the stubborn things done.

There'd need to be a deadline, otherwise we'll just put the things aside again! 6 Months sounds plenty enough time.

PlasticWeapons, New to me, i'll check it out, cheers :thumbsup:

Denzil

I am not sure if I can do this or not. I have a couple of kits in the corner with so much dust and other crud on them that if I disturb them, the EPA will probably throw me in jail for poluting the atmosphere, the drinking water, the Moon and even Mars. :woot.gif:

Grandma L

• 8 months later...

Duke Nukem Forever came out before this GB was finished, but we all know how DNF turned out... :rofl:

The funniest thing about DNF was the jokey Zero Punctuation review announcing its' release - as if this would ever happen - followed by the real one two weeks later. That Yahtzee fellow has style.

I have already agreed to finish two models before returning to work (9/1/12), so as soon as the sun is up will clean what appear to be two very clogged brushes, tidy the bench at get to it :)

Gents:

I'm good for about 13-14 models that are about 80-90% finished. I was going to make it a New Years resolution to clear the decks, but this might help. Count me in! Will send photos to document if required.

Alvin5182