It is a ThunderStorm I guess....

Starting up with two more Israelis. Now that the fighters have been dealt with, it is time to dive into it with a pair of awesome bomb-trucks.

Sufabox.jpg

raambox.jpg

The Sufa has been done MANY times over here in the forum, but I still want one for myself. The Ra'am is a more rare bird, people have warned me that this kit is difficult and no good, but I still want it. I will build the Ra'am OOB and will throw in some resin goodies on the Sufa.

I have decided to build the Sufa with canopy closed. This because most people build it with the canopy open, I have already done two kinetic two-seaters with open canopies and of course, the lines of the bird really shows better with the top down I think....

I am still not totally agreeing with myself what armament I will use on the two, but I will come back to this later..

Thanx for Watching!

FO

First a faboulous Netz and now this two beauty!

I foaming at the mouth ...... :D

:cheers: Gianni

You guys make me well up with all these good words, I appreciate it very much!!

FO

Edited by BK974

WOW :jaw-dropping:

Finn-Ove I do like your choice here.

I built the Kinetic Sufa last year and I had a great time with that kit.

I have the Academy Ra'am in the stash but I've not yet started it.

So I guess I just pull up a chair, pour a cold one and just enjoy myself with your build.

Happy Easter/Glad PÃ¥sk.

:cheers:

/Bosse

I decided to start with the Ra'am, after a lot of work the 'pit is starting to come together

raampit2.jpg

Still missing hoses and sticks, but it is on the way!

Notice that the "rear" has two extra joysticks for his Playstation, in case it becomes boring on the way to Iran....

FO

Things are moving faster than expected, the fit of parts are very good actually. Soon I will have to let it sit, as the Sufa needs to catch up!

sideraam1.jpg

The round grill or vent is closed, as no export model of the Strike Eagle has it.

ECM.jpg

The Israelis have their own stuff on the backside, it means a little sawing but is quite easy.

Aileron.jpg

Most pictures show the ailerons hanging, so...more sawing...

Thanx for watching!

FO

Thank you guys! I am really trying to take my time to make things better, have been way to sloppy with the basics before....learned a lot and was mighty inspired during the national competition I entered a month ago...

Today I have fitted the CFT to the fuselage, it went on very good! Just a few places with putty. While it is drying I have tricked around with trying to make that prism effect I see on every picture of the HUD.

raamhud3.jpg

raamhud1.jpg

Thanx for watching!

FO

Have been assembling some ordnance today, the Ra'am is ready for primer so tonight I will begin in earnest with the F-16I....to quote shamelessely from "The Terminator" Gas station attendant: "- He says there is a big storm coming!" Sarah Connor: "- I know...."

FO

I actually cracked open a CD I found lying around here...it was labeled "Wedding pictures" or something.....OH S**T

No just kidding, it was a blank CD. Some of the film inside stick to the plastic, but when peeling it off it is transparent but still holds a very clear prism effect. I the laid the HUD on the film and cut around it, it goes very easy as the film is very fragile. Then I "glued" the piece of film to the HUD using Johnson!

FO

Finn_Ove

Whta a start..Really brilliant job on the cockpit..NICE.

I have the tea and biscuits and the comfy chair for this ONE..so Keep up the good work.. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HOLMES

Id love to have tea and biscuits with you Sir....*smiles broadly*

Maly: I was actually thinking about the One squadron when I got the decals, but the resent birds have learned me it is hard to match the colors of the decals with my paints. So I think I will get away more easily with the "Attalef" Bat squadron actually

I have been busy working on the ordnance the past few days. This is some of the stuff for the Ra'am

ordnanceag.jpg

ordnanceag1.jpg

It is not finished yet, but these are soon ready for their first batch of Johnson!

Also found out today that you cannot have AIM-120's with GBU-15 on the wings... So it will be just the Python IV's then...

Stay tuned

FO