It is a ThunderStorm I guess....

The One is mighty cool.... Mr.Color? Unfortunately I live in a modelers 3-world country. I have to order all my stuff on the net. Normally that is no problem, but Norway also has tough restrictions on allowing paint through customs. No Tamiya, No Alclad....so I have to get my Tamiya from a Norwegian importer that has a permit. There is a handful of dealers in Norway, so I do get Vallejo and Tamiya. But otherwise I have no chance of getting Gunze or anything that the community talks about...

FO

So Finn_Ove

No one could buy the paints form abroad for you and send them to you is that the gist of it ? :bandhead2:

I guess someone could buy the paints and send them to me, the only problem is that if the customs open the package they will simply take them. :bandhead2:

FO

that's too bad, in america i have a store that has just abt any paint brand but it's sbt an hour away-do you know that for the one sq the camo on the tail is diferent seen here-the bat sqn the one-the oneso the paint shouldnt be a prob, but again this is your model, and you should bild it how you want-in tamiya the green would be XF-21, the dark brown would be flat earth, but don't know for the tan,-but maybye buff w/ some white in it....but maybe the problem is that the paints are highly flamable..vallejo has the dark brown and the grey, but i havent been to the hobby shop(mentioned above)that has these paints.grr\

Edited by maly149

that's too bad, in america i have a store that has just abt any paint brand but it's sbt an hour away-do you know that for the one sq the camo on the tail is diferent seen here-the bat sqn the one-the oneso the paint shouldnt be a prob, but again this is your model, and you should bild it how you want-in tamiya the green would be XF-21, the dark brown would be flat earth, but don't know for the tan,-but maybye buff w/ some white in it....but maybe the problem is that the paints are highly flamable..vallejo has the dark brown and the grey, but i havent been to the hobby shop(mentioned above)that has these paints.grr\

I use tamiya sky and flat earth, but flat earth is really to dark, both for Kinetic decals and Isradecal. I fixed this last time by painting over the decal with vallejo,but then that color became darker than the flat earth...it is quite difficult. With the bat that is stationed a bit away from the nearest dark brown, so I can easier "get away" with it not looking quite like the dark brown. The One is very close to a large light sand area, and will be very easy to spot as wrong....I will see...I dont want to mess too much with the colors also, because i want my israelis to look the same as much as I can...

Here is the Kinetic decal straight on the tail...see how light it is against flat earth? It looked fine on paper against the tale...

halebaraklys.jpg

And here is how it looked after I fixed it...too dark but I still think it looks better!

Halebarakmrk.jpg

FO

This is all for the Ra'am.... The Sufa will have Aim-120, Python-IV. IMI Delilah and 600 gallon tanks and a centreline tank. Most of this is primed and or painted, will start on the decaling as soon as I have gotten the AA ready for the Ra'am!

FO

:thumbsup: Great job FO!

And thanks for the HUD tips.Recently I bought in a fly fishing shop a small roll of holographic foil but it is not clear,the shopkeeper told me that the latter will be available again in a few days!

:wave: Gianni

Thanks for the comment Kurnass, your opinion of course means a lot! You beeing an sort of expert on the Israelis!

Nice to hear about the foil from fishing store...will check out the local one for something easier than the CD stuff!

FO

Edited by BK974

I am sorry for the slow movement right now, but there is HEAPS of work to do on my job, will hopefully be able to build some this weekend..

FO

Been very busy at work, have just started building the cockpit for the Sufa.

In the meantime I have decaled and matted the ordnance...

gbu-38ready.jpg

gbu-15ready.jpg

In a few weeks all will cool down, then I hope to get some speed on the Sufa!

Fo

• 1 month later...

looks great!!! :thumbsup:

Your F-16 from UAE was great Sir....I am just bashing things together...

Anyway, Some progress has been made on the Sufa, But I have been busy for a few weeks now roundign up work and my father passing away....But soon I will have some more time, between fixing up the house and stuff.... Nights will be used for buildig of small...and big airplanes!

FO

• 8 months later...