The cast of Happy Days is suing CBS, claiming it owes them millions in unpaid royalties:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13...o=feeds-newsxml

From the article:

"In an interview with CNN, four of the cast members and the estate of the late Tom Bosley, who played Howard Cunningham, claim that they have been cut out of the merchandising bonanza the show has spawned...

Anson Williams said that the show, which aired from 1974 to 1984, 'represented to the public what the best of America has to offer.The friendships, the opportunities, the warmth.

'Unfortunately, now Happy Days also represents the worst of America -- of what major companies are trying to get from it, trying to use it for, and forgetting the family it created.'"

Wow, the things that turn on up in the "General Discussion" board. Well, this poor thread might be orphaned entirely if someone doesn't post a wisecrack, so here goes:

Look, you don't get royalties just because Americans now think it's fashionably droll and delightfully kitsch to sneer about things having "Jumped the Shark."

Wow, the things that turn on up in the "General Discussion" board. Well, this poor thread might be orphaned entirely if someone doesn't post a wisecrack, so here goes:

Look, you don't get royalties just because Americans now think it's fashionably droll and delightfully kitsch to sneer about things having "Jumped the Shark."

No, but they do when their likenesses appear on products ...

And that's what CBS even admits that they deserve royalties, just the amount is in disagreement ...

Gregg

"Up your nose with a rubber hose" ("Twice as far with a chocolate bar")

I'm sorry, that's incorrect - the question is "What was Vinnie Barbarino's reply to Mr. Kotter?" We will deduct 300 Fonzies from your total.

Our next category is "Progress with Anigrand Jetstars". Anyone.

Anyone?

Bueller?

I'm sorry, that's incorrect - the question is "What was Vinnie Barbarino's reply to Mr. Kotter?" We will deduct 300 Fonzies from your total.

Our next category is "Progress with Anigrand Jetstars". Anyone.

Anyone?

Bueller?

Deduct away. I also haven't made any progress on ze Jetstar. Not that I don't want to. But after a time, I may find that having may not be so pleasing a thing after all, as wanting.

Yeah, as much TV as I watched in the 70's I can't say as I remember much of it. A lot of it blurred into whatever came next, or before. Most of the writing was pretty bad, acting even worse. But...nothing....NOTHING I tell you, compares with the level of bad that was the 1960's Lost In Space. I own the whole series on DVD and I truly think that the writers were smoking weed. There were a couple of episodes that had some sense to them but, Stanley Adams (Cyrano Jones, of The Trouble With Tribbles) as a giant carrot...I dunno. I guess "Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea" was pretty horrible as well. Great stuff for 5 to 8 year olds, I suppose. The machines they devised were cool, if somewhat unrealistic but the script writing was horrendous. Come to think of it, I guess TV is pretty much crap, no matter what decade it is. Yet, I have a soft spot for much of it...little time capsules these shows are.

Maybe someday I'll get back to that Jetstar, aim9....but summer is here now. I have work to do.

Cheers