Hi all, Just got back into modelling after 30 plus years and am slowly building up my tool collection again. My first effort is the MPC (Airfix) Roland CII, basically built from the kit but changes include:

scratchbuilt interior (thanks to previous poster for photos showing details!), modified MG's and mounts, windshield and side windows. The kit decals were split and separated from the backing so I used SuperScale decals - the fuselage crosses are very slightly undersize and the wing crosses had 1mm trimmed off each end, white backing is handpainted.

The fuselage raised lines should have been removed and the vertical tail surfaces are way too thick - future efforts will take these sort of problems into consideration.

I never did get the hang of weathering - although the model needs it, it looks better clean than with bad weathering! Any suggestions as to how to go about it?

[url="005.jpg"]Airfix Roland CII

[url="004.jpg[/img]

url=003.jpg[/img]

url=002.jpg[/img]

url=001.jpg[/img]

url=001-2.jpg[/img]

New project is the Airfix RE8 - talk about "in at the deep end"!

Edited by limeypilot

I'm not sure it DOES need weathering to be honest, maybe a bit of a wash run into the control surface hinge lines and some dust/mud on the tires and the front edge of the undercarriage spreader bar, but nothing much more, but it could be a model of a newly delivered machine.

A lot of WW1 aircraft didn't survive long enough to get all that filthy.

Nice job anyway, I like it, and I think being clean suits it.