What new forum features have you found?

There seems to be some new features.....so let's see if we can find them.

I found one that is interesting.

On the far right of each forum section bar is a "+" or "-" sign. Clicking those will expand or collapse that section of the forums. This could be really useful if you visit the forums and you're not logged in and you are only checking out certain forums.

There seems to be some new features.....so let's see if we can find them.

I found one that is interesting.

On the far right of each forum section bar is a "+" or "-" sign. Clicking those will expand or collapse that section of the forums. This could be really useful if you visit the forums and you're not logged in and you are only checking out certain forums.

It was on the old forum as well.

Hi guys,

Editing a post is slightly different too. If you just click edit you get a quick option and have to select full editor to make significant changes. I've not explained it particularly eloquently but you'll see what I mean when you try it..... :lol:

Gents:

In each forum posting there is a "preview topic" directly to the left of the posters name(centre column)Hold the cursor over it and click on the green arrow and you get a small box which gives a preview of the post.

Clever!

I guess my avatar "died" in the transition! I no longer have one!

Alvin5182

I noticed a missing feature that I would like back if possible:

The "Back to Top" arrows aren't present on each post anymore, only one all the way down at the bottom left of the page.

From my limited experience at LSP, this means a whole bunch of extra scrolling (or clicking and waiting for pages to load).

I often find myself halfway down a long page and decide to navigate elsewhere.

My choices now are limited to either finish scrolling to the bottom, scroll back up to the top or use my browser 'back button' which may not navigate me to where I wanted to go.

With the old arrow I could quickly go to the top of a page where I had lots of options.

Any chance of getting the arrows back?

:cheers:

I noticed a missing feature that I would like back if possible:

The "Back to Top" arrows aren't present on each post anymore, only one all the way down at the bottom left of the page.

From my limited experience at LSP, this means a whole bunch of extra scrolling (or clicking and waiting for pages to load).

I often find myself halfway down a long page and decide to navigate elsewhere.

My choices now are limited to either finish scrolling to the bottom, scroll back up to the top or use my browser 'back button' which may not navigate me to where I wanted to go.

With the old arrow I could quickly go to the top of a page where I had lots of options.

Any chance of getting the arrows back?

:cheers:

Doesn't the "Home" key on your keyboard bring you back to the top of the browser page? It works that way in Firefox.

Doesn't the "Home" key on your keyboard bring you back to the top of the browser page? It works that way in Firefox.

Brilliant!!!

An old dog just learned a new trick!

What else don't I know? :blink:

Thanks Moose! :cheers:

What else don't I know? :blink:

The Vice President of the United States from 1925 to 1929 was Charles Dawes. You very likely didn't know that, and it very likely didn't matter that you didn't know that. Now that you know it, it will most likely profit you in no way. Indeed, if our minds have a finite capacity, you were probably better off not knowing that.

In that case, sorry to have told you that the Vice President of the United States from 1925 to 1929 was Charles Dawes.

Well, the bad news is- now I have a "reputation"; the good news is its "neutral"

Found in profile. Interesting, wonder what that's about.

The reputation feature is a way for members to rate the valus of a member's post. In the lower right corner of each post is a "+" and "-" button. By clicking those you are giving or taking away one point from a members "reputation" rating system.

I poked around the Admin area and couldn't find a way to turn this reputation system on or off. Currently it seems to be turned off.

Ok....I tried to get this feature to work but I can't figure it out......so I have hidden it.

Hey, I like the new forum. But I do miss the the last post feature by the name of the member that posted it.

Chuck

It's still there.

Click the little blue box with an arrow on the right side next to the date/time of the last post.

The old board had a distict division between the pinned topics and the rest of the topic matters and thus was easier to skip past and get on to the new stuff...Would like to see that back if possible...

Cheers

Bruce

Edited by RCAFFAN