1/48 Swept Wing Hawker SeaHawk

I used the Trumpeter SeaHawk and the Lindberg F11 Tiger to make this, with a bit of plastic sheet to fill in the trailing edge. I had the deepen the wings by inserting a shim between top and bottom halves to match the thickness of the SeaHawk wing. A reasonable amount of Tamiya putty and sanding helped blend to the contour differences between the wings and the area above the engine intakes. Otherwise, it is pretty much vanilla.

SeaHawktop.jpg

So far I haven't come up with a recipient country to mark it in, but I've based the paint scheme on standard FAA style of the late 50's/early 60's:

SeaHawkobliquepainted.jpg

SeaHawkObliquenoflash.jpg

I'm leaning towards either a RCN plane based on an Essex carrier we never bought, or a South African Navy plane based on the standard post-war export carrier from the UK, a Majestic Class, or maybe a Swiss Navy plane based on a carrier on Lake Geneva....

Alvis 3.1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished images. I went with the Indian navy markings the Seahawk came with, as I couldn't find suitable ones for the Swiss navy or a plane from the Bolivian Aircraft carrier. ;)

SeaHawkFinal.jpg

SeaHawkFinalbehind.jpg

Alvis 3.1

Edited by Alvis 3.1